Game 24: Utah Jazz (14-13) @ Miami HEAT (17-6) - 12/22/12 - 7:30 PM EST

.._______________
    (14-13)________________(17-6)

@

Time: 7:30 PM
    TV: Sun Sports

Mo Williams - Randy Foye - Marvin Williams - Paul Millsap - Al Jefferson

Mario Chalmers– Dwyane Wade – LeBron James – Shane Battier – Udonis Haslem

Last edited by SteBO; 12-24-2012 at 08:10 AM.

vCash
    Don't suck

This will be a tough one. Utah has a ton of bigs.

vCash
    Bosh better have his big boy pants on for this one, and I somehow expect Pittman to get some quality minutes. As justinnum1 said, they have some bigs they can throw out there, most notably Enes Kanter coming their bench. Millsap and Jefferson are both going to be royal pains in the *** as usual....

We can't divert from our identity though. If we play our game and compete hard on the boards, we should be okay. This game is winnable, but it's going to be tough to pull out despite their bad road record.

vCash
    Hopefully we dont all die first!!!!

vCash
    Don't worry bros, Bosh is saving the world.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCiHOpNJXnc

Definitely the flukiest/funniest loss I've ever witnessed as a Heat fan to date. I remember a good chunk of the fans left after we went up 8 with around 40 seconds left. At least now I can say it was pretty funny, because at the time we were in the midst of our 9-8 start. This board exploded.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post

Definitely the flukiest/funniest loss I've ever witnessed as a Heat fan to date. I remember a good chunk of the fans left after we went up 8 with around 40 seconds left. At least now I can say it was pretty funny, because at the time we were in the midst of our 9-8 start. This board exploded.....
    i was there, and yes, i left early

vCash
    And then there was this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eO_F9hEU8s

Coming off a win the night before in Portland, the Heat arrived in Utah looking to build upon a 9-game winning streak. They had won 17 of their past 19 games, but were without Bosh who was mourning the loss of his grandmother. The Jazz dominated most of the game, building an 18 point lead at one point (74-56) mostly thanks to a decided rebounding advantage. In the first half alone, the Jazz amassed 16 more rebounds than the Heat. In fact, Utah grabbed more offensive rebounds than the total rebounds the Heat collected as a team!

But then Lebron took over, scoring 17 points on 8-of-9 shooting in the 4th quarter alone and making ridiculous clutch shot after ridiculous clutch shot to draw the Heat even with the Jazz.

In the end, though, the tired "he's not clutch" narrative would rear its ugly head when LeBron decided to pass to a wide open UD with 4 seconds left and the game on the line instead of fighting through a double team to take a contested jump shot. Haslem missed. The Heat lost. And the media didn't hesitate to crush LeBron.

From ESPN after the game:

You can understand why LeBron James passed up a chance for the game winner. Since joining the Heat he is just 1-9 in the last 24 seconds of the 4th quarter or overtime with a chance to tie or take the lead. What he should have done is pass the ball to Dwyane Wade who is 3-7 in those situations in the last 2 seasons
    35 points. 10 rebounds. 6 assists. 3 blocks. Shot 89% in the 4th quarter (67% for the game). Almost single-handedly brought his team back from an 18-point deficit.

And yet that's all they could talk about. A pass out of a double team to a wide open teammate.

Mother ****ers.
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 12-22-2012 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    That game was absolutely sickening, I have occasional nightmares some nights.

vCash
    Bosh is a game time decision. Cold. Oh boy.

vCash
    I remember that 4th quarter game against utah. Lebron put on one of the most absolutely ridiculous shows ive ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Bosh is a game time decision. Cold. Oh boy.
    ouch, if he doesn't play we'll definitely be a team of midgets out there lol. well the positive would be we'd likely get to see some harrellson minutes i guess. i think bosh will tough it out though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post

i seriously hated millsap that night. i just remember alot of cursing and i whipped a couch pillow on the floor and then started stomping on it hahaha.

vCash
    Chris Bosh and Josh Harrellson out with the flu.

FEED ME PITTMAN

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    Ira
    Chris Bosh and Josh Harrellson out tonight for Heat due to colds.
    Going up against Utah without Bosh didn't end very well last year.......Hopefully LBJ and Wade raise their level of play. Particularly Wade, since he's definitely going to be getting more of the ball tonight. If we can get Jefferson or Millsap in foul trouble, it'd help us out.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast