Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    vCash
    I take full credit for this.

Andy Pettitte surprised many when he came out of retirement to rejoin the Yankees last spring, but his long-time battery-mate does not plan to do the same. Jorge Posada told the AP (via The New York Post) that he will not attempt a comeback.

“No comeback for me,” said Posada. “I’m good with what I’m doing and I was happy with the decision I made last year around this time. I’m enjoying the family … I miss certain things about the game. You’re always going to miss certain things. I, obviously, miss my teammates the most.”

Posada, 41, announced his retirement last January and will be in camp with the Yankees as a guest instructor this spring. He hit .235/.315/.398 in 387 plate appearances during his final season in 2011 and is a career .273/.374/.474 hitter. The Yankees still lack a DH and could also use an upgrade behind the plate.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#mXPxhXW1QtqLT5II.99
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Best comment on Posada non story:

Great story. Who was thinking/saying he would even attempt a comeback?

Can we have a story about Cal Ripken Jr. saying that he's not planning on coming back for 2013?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    The really funny but sad thing is, if he were to come back, even solely as a DH, he could be better than our other options...certainly the trio of Wilson, Cervelli and Stewart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    The really funny but sad thing is, if he were to come back, even solely as a DH, he could be better than our other options...certainly the trio of Wilson, Cervelli and Stewart
    I disagree. At this point Cervelli probably out hits him. And Stewart is much better defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Actually, I disagree. I think if he could do it all over again he'd do the same thing. He's serious about payroll.
    But you give a 40 year old who is in decline a 2 year deal?

Why Ichy?

OFers are plentiful in Nov.....Catching should have been a priority and a 2 yr deal with just him made sense considering the crop of crap that Cashman lined up for us this spring.....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Why Ichy?

OFers are plentiful in Nov.....Catching should have been a priority and a 2 yr deal with just him made sense considering the crop of crap that Cashman lined up for us this spring.....
    I honestly think guys like Dickerson and Shierholtz will give 90%, if not more, of what Ichiro gives for a fraction of the price. I hate the argument that he wasn't trying because he was in Seattle. So, we're saying he has a poor attitude and wasn't giving Seattle effort for the millions he's making?

vCash
    Juan Rivera?

Career .285 vs LHP
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Juan Rivera?

Career .285 vs LHP
    I think it would be great. I don't know about giving him a guaranteed contract at this stage in his career though. He wasn't particularly great against lefties last year. In fact he was probably below average.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash

Why Ichy?

Because he might reach 3K hits in MLB with the Yankees. All about the money the team can make. Are you blind? I know from a fan perspective it sucks, but it is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6cadi6 View Post
    Because he might reach 3K hits in MLB with the Yankees. All about the money the team can make. Are you blind? I know from a fan perspective it sucks, but it is what it is.
    Of course I knew why......And that was my point.....$$$$$$$$$

A money machine should not worry about a tax that barely scratches the surface of operating costs.....
    Nick

vCash
    Of course I knew why......And that was my point.....$$$$$$$$$

A money machine should not worry about a tax that barely scratches the surface of operating costs.....
    I could see wanting to get under the tax threshold. Thats fine by me if its done when the team can actually handle it and stay competitive. The Yankees are forcing the issue about getting under though and it'll hurt the team in the process.

People act like its a neccessity to get under in 2014, it shouldn't be if it hinders the team. Thats a choice by the owners to force it to be an issue.

vCash
    I don't think much else is going to happen this offseason. Maybe a few more bench guys. The position to watch this year will be catcher for sure. I think the main question is how long until we see Austin Romine. I don't see Chris Stewart or Cervelli doing anything to stop Romine from being promoted.

I doubt this will happen, but if Romine is able to hold that position and be a major league average catcher while being average or better with the bat, it will go a long way towards getting under the $189 budget next season. You could say the same for Pineda, Banuelos, Phelps, Nova, Z. Almonte, Mesa, and A. Almonte. How many of these guys are able to step up and prove they can be major league average will play a huge role in whether the 189 million budget is a disaster or works out in 2014. If somehow three of these guys are able to do that (pick any three, really), or some other prospect steps up, then 2014 will not be as bad as everyone is saying.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I don't think much else is going to happen this offseason. Maybe a few more bench guys. The position to watch this year will be catcher for sure. I think the main question is how long until we see Austin Romine. I don't see Chris Stewart or Cervelli doing anything to stop Romine from being promoted.

I doubt this will happen, but if Romine is able to hold that position and be a major league average catcher while being average or better with the bat, it will go a long way towards getting under the $189 budget next season. You could say the same for Pineda, Banuelos, Phelps, Nova, Z. Almonte, Mesa, and A. Almonte. How many of these guys are able to step up and prove they can be major league average will play a huge role in whether the 189 million budget is a disaster or works out in 2014. If somehow three of these guys are able to do that (pick any three, really), or some other prospect steps up, then 2014 will not be as bad as everyone is saying.
    Agree. If we can't have any influx of youth, we don't deserve to contend.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Bob
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkadoosh
    Puppy
    Romine
    Slappy

I need to do this every few weeks. Thx.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Bob
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkadoosh
    Puppy
    Romine
    Slappy

I need to do this every few weeks. Thx.
    What sucks about this lineup is that if 6-9 end up sucking, and even just 2 of the top 5 don't perform like they should, this is going to be a LONG season.

I'm hoping that if this is seriously our opening day lineup, Romine and Nunez are ready to play. Hopefuly Youkilis working with Kevin Long will help.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast