Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Well I hope you're wrong. However, if that's the case, I'm praying for at least 92-94. He could even be successful with 90-92, but he has to develop a good third pitch (changeup) and maybe even a fourth (splitter or a little curveball even). His slider is devastating, reminds me of Nova's, maybe even better than Nova's. Obviously, I'm just saying he's gonna need to learn to pitch if he can't blow people away anymore.
    Unfortunately one of the biggest questions about him when the trade happened besides injury questions was the fact that he had no 3rd pitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I warned you all about Bucks Birds.
    Why the fckn low blows?

I have been nothing but on good behavior all offseason and to continue your hate towards me shows how fckn immature you are!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Unfortunately one of the biggest questions about him when the trade happened besides injury questions was the fact that he had no 3rd pitch.
    This is true. However, that's what Rothschild was teaching Pineda before he got hurt, a change up. Rothschild isn't stupid, he doesn't want another AJ Burnett predictable 2 pitch pitcher. He was throwing it in games, somewhat effectively. Once it develops more I think he'll be good, regardless of his velocity. Hell, if he's throwing 95 with an 87-88 mph change, in addition to his nasty slider, he can be one of the most dominant pitchers in the AL someday, provided he stays healthy and can control his pitches well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Twins will need a catcher next season as Morneau will be gone and Joe Mauer will move to 1st base...

Trade for Josh Willingham and let the Twins have any of our catchers that they want.....We have a surplus of prospect catchers.....

Thoughts?
    This is false. We do not have a "surplus"

1. Romine..Can't say healthy and missed most of last season
    2. Sanchez..hasn't played above A ball yet.

So what surplus do you speak of?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    This is false. We do not have a "surplus"

1. Romine..Can't say healthy and missed most of last season
    2. Sanchez..hasn't played above A ball yet.

So what surplus do you speak of?
    What about JR Murphy? And usually an organization doesn't need more than 3 with regards to top prospects with one position....

How many SS did we need in the last 17 years with regards to prospects?

3 is a surplus.......
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-14-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I warned you all about Bucks Birds.
    I need a Bucks Birds sig!!!!!

vCash
    3 knocking on the door in AAA is a surplus. 3 catching prospects throughout the whole organization is not a surplus by any means.

vCash
    I said this back when he was first hurt and used Don Gullet as an example.....Most on here said this is modern medicine not 1978!
    It is a much different world. Guys now come back from injuries that would have ended their career in the 70s. While there's no gaurantee Pineda will come back, I don't think we should completely write him off yet. And regarding his velocity, why would anyone expect he'd be throwing 95+ this soon? Obviously it's a major injury and will take plenty of time to fully heal.

What about JR Murphy? And usually an organization doesn't need more than 3 with regards to top prospects with one position....

How many SS did we need in the last 17 years with regards to prospects?

3 is a surplus.......
    Until one is a more sure thing, I'm not calling it a surplus. The failure rate of prospects is MUCH higher than the success rate.

vCash
    3 knocking on the door in AAA is a surplus. 3 catching prospects throughout the whole organization is not a surplus by any means.
    And name me one organization that has 3 catchers in AAA knocking on the door? Christ almighty!
    Nick

vCash
    And name me one organization that has 3 catchers in AAA knocking on the door? Christ almighty!
    The fact is,

Romine has had back issues since he was in high school. So he is a big question mark regarding his health. He was out most of last year with more back issues.

Sanchez needs too work on framing pitches, blocking pitches, and he has also been called out for maturity issues. Hasn't seen pitching above A ball.

JR Murphy split time last year between A ball and AA ball.

We have three catching prospects at between A-AA-AAA ball, but they are all unknown and each has question marks and catching position is a big issue going forward for this team so I don't think it's wise to trade them, until they know what they have.

vCash
    Hence why there aren't many catching surpluses around baseball...

I would probably say having a major league catcher and having 2 guys knocking on the door in AAA would be a surplus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It is a much different world. Guys now come back from injuries that would have ended their career in the 70s. While there's no gaurantee Pineda will come back, I don't think we should completely write him off yet. And regarding his velocity, why would anyone expect he'd be throwing 95+ this soon? Obviously it's a major injury and will take plenty of time to fully heal.

Until one is a more sure thing, I'm not calling it a surplus. The failure rate of prospects is MUCH higher than the success rate.
    That is all I ever hear on MLB Network is that the Yankees have a surplus of catching prospects......

And I hopefully by 2015 Pineda is fully recovered....i will be patient with him and hopefully the fans at the Stadium do the same.....I will be disappointed if the fans start booing him in Sept because of terrible starts.
    Nick

vCash
    Everyone was all how much of a catching surplus we had last offseason with Martin, Montero, Romine, Cervelli, etc...

Now there is a great chance that Chris Stewart is our 2013 starting catcher.

vCash
    Everyone was all how much of a catching surplus we had last offseason with Martin, Montero, Romine, Cervelli, etc...

Now there is a great chance that Chris Stewart is our 2013 starting catcher.
    Or Cervelli

Lot's of balls will be seen being thrown into center field.

:cry:

vCash
    Hence why there aren't many catching surpluses around baseball...

I would probably say having a major league catcher and having 2 guys knocking on the door in AAA would be a surplus.
    Well, I understand your point but the Yankees need to let the kids play and give them a shot this spring.....Just give the job to Sanchez and call it a day.
    Nick

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast