Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 1001
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    WHATS THE TRUTH...Just read an article where the Yanks hitting coach claimed that A-Rod was in pain in August. I remember when A-Rod was struggling and every sports reporter asked him and the Yanks how he was feeling and his answer was fine. Time and time again, the Yanks claimed A-Rod WAS healthy so what the heck is this report about? What is the truth and why do the Yanks find it so hard to say the truth? Horse sshhiiaaatt..
    I believe the truth is that he was hurting but these fools were looking at the wrong hip. Typical steroid injury. Pulling muscle from bone.

    While I like Arod, he will never be the same, so our best bet is for him to miss the year, have a bad recovery and retire.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    "Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."


    Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,495
    vCash
    1500
    I was gonna suggest Travis Hafner for DH but then went to look at his stats.

    He hasn't hit more than 16 hr since 2007!!!!!!!

    I had no idea he was irrelevant for that long.

    Another steroid wreck.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    "Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."


    Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,709
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Obviously we have bigger needs then AAA SP depth but i was saying maybe sign wang cause he will be a cheaper option. As for catcher im really hoping Gary Sanchez has a monster spring and can take the starting job out of training camp.
    Gary Sanchez has yet to face AA pitching. I suspect ML pitching would be a bit overwhelming for him. Even a guy as talented as Mike Trout spent a full year at AA and a couple dozen games at AAA before getting a call up.

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,495
    vCash
    1500
    Whispers that Pineda will never pitch again in MLB after his injury combined with body type.

    Sauron......enjoy!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    "Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."


    Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    392
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Gary Sanchez has yet to face AA pitching. I suspect ML pitching would be a bit overwhelming for him. Even a guy as talented as Mike Trout spent a full year at AA and a couple dozen games at AAA before getting a call up.
    One could hope right? I know its a long shot but I throw up in my mouth a little everytime I see who we have at catcher.

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    392
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I was gonna suggest Travis Hafner for DH but then went to look at his stats.

    He hasn't hit more than 16 hr since 2007!!!!!!!

    I had no idea he was irrelevant for that long.

    Another steroid wreck.
    I liked that idea too until I saw the back of his baseball card. The guy had to be doing something... I wouldnt mind him so much if he had another position other than DH. Atleast Jones and Raul could hit some HRs.. Who do we have on our bench now that we can count on for a late inning HR? What about Thome?

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Whispers that Pineda will never pitch again in MLB after his injury combined with body type.

    Sauron......enjoy!
    where have you seen this?

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,173
    vCash
    1500
    I'm curious about Pineda too. I hope we didn't just give up Montero for free.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    where have you seen this?
    Various articles and blogs since yesterday was the trade anniversary.

    Seemed unanimous that there is no way he has any velocity again.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    "Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."


    Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Various articles and blogs since yesterday was the trade anniversary.

    Seemed unanimous that there is no way he has any velocity again.
    I said this back when he was first hurt and used Don Gullet as an example.....Most on here said this is modern medicine not 1978!
    Nick

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Various articles and blogs since yesterday was the trade anniversary.

    Seemed unanimous that there is no way he has any velocity again.
    Then I think we can call that speculation. Pure speculation.

    We'll have to see. The guy was hitting 90-92 with a torn labrum, with a repaired one and when it's strengthened, I'm sure he'll get back up to 95-97. The guy is what, 24?

    There are pitchers that have come back from shoulder surgery, although it is a serious injury. I just don't want to buy into the media and blog speculation. If he comes back and only throws 91 after a while, then there's a problem.

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,495
    vCash
    1500
    I warned you all about Bucks Birds.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    "Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."


    Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

  13. #823
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Then I think we can call that speculation. Pure speculation.

    We'll have to see. The guy was hitting 90-92 with a torn labrum, with a repaired one and when it's strengthened, I'm sure he'll get back up to 95-97. The guy is what, 24?

    There are pitchers that have come back from shoulder surgery, although it is a serious injury. I just don't want to buy into the media and blog speculation. If he comes back and only throws 91 after a while, then there's a problem.
    We aren't seeing 95-97 ever again from him. Bank on that.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    "Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."


    Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

  14. #824
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    We aren't seeing 95-97 ever again from him. Bank on that.
    Well I hope you're wrong. However, if that's the case, I'm praying for at least 92-94. He could even be successful with 90-92, but he has to develop a good third pitch (changeup) and maybe even a fourth (splitter or a little curveball even). His slider is devastating, reminds me of Nova's, maybe even better than Nova's. Obviously, I'm just saying he's gonna need to learn to pitch if he can't blow people away anymore.

  15. #825
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,362
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I believe the truth is that he was hurting but these fools were looking at the wrong hip. Typical steroid injury. Pulling muscle from bone.

    While I like Arod, he will never be the same, so our best bet is for him to miss the year, have a bad recovery and retire.
    Yeah, but I heard A-Rod himself say that he felt fine which is why he wasn't worried about his lack of production. He thought it was just a matter of time that he would come out of his slump because of the fact that he felt so good. Like I said, someone isn't telling the truth.

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •