Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We'll get more than 50 steals from Gardy, Grandy and Ichiro provided they all stay healthy and get on base at least fairly consistently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    We'll get more than 50 steals from Gardy, Grandy and Ichiro provided they all stay healthy and get on base at least fairly consistently.
    As long as they can get them to home plate....yanks stranded a lot of runners but with less emphasis on the homerun we should ok.
    Nick

vCash
    Javy Vazquez is available again.....he had a good season in winter ball hitting 94....

3rd time could be a charm.........l
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Javy Vazquez is available again.....he had a good season in winter ball hitting 94....

3rd time could be a charm.........l
    Dude, come on. When you leave a team with bad feelings TWICE, you don't get a third shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    As long as they can get them to home plate....yanks stranded a lot of runners but with less emphasis on the homerun we should ok.
    I completely agree with you. However, our roster hasn't gotten much turn from a HR or nothing team to a small-er ball team. Hopefully Girardi utilizes the speedy outfield.

It's just crazy because with our pitching, we should be able to hold teams down and play small ball. Goddamn, I wish Mike Scioscia was our coach.

vCash
    I completely agree with you. However, our roster hasn't gotten much turn from a HR or nothing team to a small-er ball team. Hopefully Girardi utilizes the speedy outfield.

It's just crazy because with our pitching, we should be able to hold teams down and play small ball. Goddamn, I wish Mike Scioscia was our coach.
    You wish our "coach" was a guy whose team underperformed and missed the post-season three straight years? I know a lot of Angels fans who are pretty tired of his act.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    You wish our "coach" was a guy whose team underperformed and missed the post-season three straight years? I know a lot of Angels fans who are pretty tired of his act.
    Yes, I do. Because these past three years have been his fluke years. The guy made the postseason every year and always beat us, until we finally beat them on our championship run in 09. His small ball teams work. He emphasizes going 3rd on a single. Bunting. Hit and runs. Pitching. They've now gone to a bigger style of ball, against his coaching preferences. (for example, see Mike D'Antoni with the lakers this year.)

Also, a little anecdote. The only team in the history of major league baseball with a winning record against the New York Yankees is the Angel, with much credit to Scioscia.

vCash
    I don't know if you can really say 3 years in a row of the same thing happening are fluke years.

vCash
    I'm growing pretty annoyed by the Yankees new philosophy. This $189 million dollar cap is ********. This team makes more money than any other team in professional sports, just built a new stadium that us fans pack every game, and signed a deal with News Corp that netted them even more money.

The fact that they are putting a self inflicted $189 million dollar cap is a huge disservice to the fans. I kind of hope we suck this year so they will quickly change their tune.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Yes, I do. Because these past three years have been his fluke years. The guy made the postseason every year and always beat us, until we finally beat them on our championship run in 09. His small ball teams work. He emphasizes going 3rd on a single. Bunting. Hit and runs. Pitching. They've now gone to a bigger style of ball, against his coaching preferences. (for example, see Mike D'Antoni with the lakers this year.)

Also, a little anecdote. The only team in the history of major league baseball with a winning record against the New York Yankees is the Angel, with much credit to Scioscia.
    He only played "small ball" because his teams have traditionally lacked any power hitters. Last year, he had a killer rotation of Weaver-Haren-Greinke-Wilson with Pujols and Trout and they still didn't make the post-season. They underperformed. Not a fluke.

I live near Anaheim and hear more about the Angels than I care to, and a lot of my friends who are Angel fans think Scioscia needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    I'm growing pretty annoyed by the Yankees new philosophy. This $189 million dollar cap is ********. This team makes more money than any other team in professional sports, just built a new stadium that us fans pack every game, and signed a deal with News Corp that netted them even more money.

The fact that they are putting a self inflicted $189 million dollar cap is a huge disservice to the fans. I kind of hope we suck this year so they will quickly change their tune.
    What Yankee fan wants their team to suck?

You are a terrible fan!
    Nick

vCash

This is incorrect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Exactly.

Ohhhhhh
    Verrrr
    Ed
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Props to clip for shutting down swish thread.

Now we can move on...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Props to clip for shutting down swish thread.

Now we can move on...
    I just feel like everyone has clearly stated their position on the subject and nothing anyone else will say will change it by this point. It's gotten beyond beating a dead horse.

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast