Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nunez's role for next season:

I’m still trying to decide whether this is a new stance or simply stating the obvious.

Brian Cashman told ESPN New York that, if Eduardo Nunez makes the big league roster this season, it’s going to be as a utility infielder.

“If he is at the big-league level, he is going to have to,” Cashman said. “We have everyday guys at other positions. If he makes our club, it will be at a utility role.”

Previously, Cashman has indicated that the Yankees view Nunez as a shortstop, and last season they optioned Nunez to Triple-A specifically to have him play that position every day. During the Winter Meetings, after news broke about Alex Rodriguez’s hip injury, Cashman said he didn’t consider Nunez to be a realistic option to play third, but that came with a caveat.

“That doesn’t mean he won’t be an option,” Cashman said. “I’m just telling you what I think.”

So, basically, the Yankees believe Nunez’s best fit is at shortstop, and if he’s going to have an everyday role, it’s almost certainly going to come at that position. But if he’s not going to have an everyday role — and right now, there’s no everyday infield role available on the big league roster – Nunez is going to have to fall into some sort of utility role. At the very least he would probably have to backup at second base.

“At an everyday basis, he is a shortstop,” Cashman said. “If not, you could play him anywhere, except for catcher and first.”
    Yankees LoHud

vCash
    Stating the obvious... He'll be utility until Jeter is gone, and even then they may not want him at short.

vCash
    Free Puppy!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Nunez will be the Opening Day starter at SS.....

I do not feel Jeter will be completely ready, he will stay in Tampa for a few weeks IMO...he had a serious injury and you just cannot take a 39 yr old SS who broke his leg and just pencil him as the Opening Day SS...

I think the Yanks will take it slow with Jeter, how can you not?
    Nick

vCash
    The orioles are the only team in the AL not to sign a FA to a multi year deal this winter.

Nice way to keep those poor fans excited.

Dingbats.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Rotoworld -
    Chad Jennings of the Journal News reports that the Yankees have "nothing alive" regarding a trade for Michael Morse of the Nationals.
    The Yanks were mentioned as one of the "most active" teams on Morse earlier this week, but apparently they haven't made a compelling offer yet. Upwards of 10 other teams are reportedly interested, so the Nats won't have a problem finding a suitor if the Bombers aren't in.

We suck

vCash
    Ha. Morse Code is dead. I'm pretty sure I told everyone this first thing this morning.

Thank u.

Rays will get him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Don't miss Merediths f me boots and mini skirt on YES right now!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Hal told Andrew Marchand that the team isn't done yet, they still need a bat. He is probably waitng for that perfect .220 hitter to be released yet from the Astros. He is such a tool.

vCash
    Justin Upton rejected a trade to the Mariners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Your are obsessed with him.

But..to bring more information too your post..

Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton invoked his limited no-trade clause to reject an agreed-upon deal between the D'Backs and Mariners that would have sent Upton to Seattle, reports Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The M's were prepared to give up "a package of young talent" in the trade, a return that Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic has heard was "substantial" (Twitter link).

Though several teams have been linked to Upton over the last two seasons, the Mariners seem to be the first to propose a deal that has gotten the D'Backs to agree to move the 25-year-old outfielder. As Rosenthal/Morosi note, the trade rejection could be gamesmanship by other Upton or the D'Backs --- either Upton is trying to control where he ends up, or the Snakes are sending the message that if he wants to leave Arizona, his only option is Seattle. Upton has four teams on his no-trade list, including the Mariners and Blue Jays.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...b5b6S0OMVQJ.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Wants to go to braves w bro.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Your are obsessed with him.

But..to bring more information too your post..

Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton invoked his limited no-trade clause to reject an agreed-upon deal between the D'Backs and Mariners that would have sent Upton to Seattle, reports Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The M's were prepared to give up "a package of young talent" in the trade, a return that Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic has heard was "substantial" (Twitter link).

Though several teams have been linked to Upton over the last two seasons, the Mariners seem to be the first to propose a deal that has gotten the D'Backs to agree to move the 25-year-old outfielder. As Rosenthal/Morosi note, the trade rejection could be gamesmanship by other Upton or the D'Backs --- either Upton is trying to control where he ends up, or the Snakes are sending the message that if he wants to leave Arizona, his only option is Seattle. Upton has four teams on his no-trade list, including the Mariners and Blue Jays.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...b5b6S0OMVQJ.99
    You're obsessed with me. I don't even come on here talking about him like that. ****ing weirdo.

vCash
    Rumor Montero was in that deal.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Edit: Not worth it.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.

16. 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
    Reason
    No posting images.

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast