Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1001
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Bob
    Tex
    Code (as in Morse)
    Grandy
    Youkadoosh
    Romine
    Slappy

    I can work with this.
    This is actually a very good lineup. Probably better than last year.

    EDIT: And it's also fun to watch. Gardner/Ichiro are fun to watch. Will be interesting to see how Romine/Cervelli play. Seeing Youk in pinstripes and seeing if can be still be a dominant hitter will be interesting to see. And Morse, if obtained, will be better to see play than Swisher.

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    This is actually a very good lineup. Probably better than last year.

    EDIT: And it's also fun to watch. Gardner/Ichiro are fun to watch. Will be interesting to see how Romine/Cervelli play. Seeing Youk in pinstripes and seeing if can be still be a dominant hitter will be interesting to see. And Morse, if obtained, will be better to see play than Swisher.
    Why does everybody think Romine will be the starting catcher?

    Did anybody see how many games he missed last season?

    Cashman said Romine will start the season in the minors.....he needs more reps and proof his back can hold up...
    Nick

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Morse said he does not want to be a full time DH.

    I realize they rotate the DH anyway but he is already complaining.....the .910 OPS is nice though...

    But for just Boone Logan?

    Other AL teams are also interested as well...We shall see?
    Nick

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why does everybody think Romine will be the starting catcher?

    Did anybody see how many games he missed last season?

    Cashman said Romine will start the season in the minors.....he needs more reps and proof his back can hold up...
    It's most likely Cervelli. I just put his name there because...

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Posts
    46
    vCash
    1500
    Let's just trade the team for Stanton.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,705
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    It's most likely Cervelli. I just put his name there because...
    Probably Stewart. If the Yankees liked Cervelli more than Stewart, Cervelli would have been Martin's backup.

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    It's most likely Cervelli. I just put his name there because...
    My hope is that Romine forces Cashman to start him much like in 1996 when Jeter started, albeit, Tony Fernandez broke his leg or whatever that injury was, a long time ago but none the less it was a way Jeter got his break....
    Nick

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Probably Stewart. If the Yankees liked Cervelli more than Stewart, Cervelli would have been Martin's backup.
    I'd rather have Jorge try out instead of non offensive catchers like Stewart and Cervelli...I bet Jorge could still hammer 15-20 HRs right now....
    Nick

  9. #624
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Hairston or Morse?

    Morse is going to weaken the bullpen with Logan probably dealt..

    I'd rather keep Boone as he has been fairly effective..
    Nick

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Probably Stewart. If the Yankees liked Cervelli more than Stewart, Cervelli would have been Martin's backup.
    Actually, I'm not so sure.

    Yankees liked Stewart because he had a repertoire as a good backup defensive catcher. In turn, Yankees believed Martin provided enough offense in the catchers position.

    I know this is hindsight, but Im willing to bet Cervelli hits at least .230-.240 through the duration of an entire season, just like Martin, but Stewart will be unable to do so.

    If I'm Yankees, Cervelli is my starting catcher and Stewart remains the backup.

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,772
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hairston or Morse?

    Morse is going to weaken the bullpen with Logan probably dealt..

    I'd rather keep Boone as he has been fairly effective..
    If a deal for Mike Morse centers around dealing the likes of Boone Logan, you pounce on it with no hesitation.

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    20,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    If a deal for Mike Morse centers around dealing the likes of Boone Logan, you pounce on it with no hesitation.
    Yea when I read that statement I laughed. Boone Logan is a solid player where as morse is an allstar type of player

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    20,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Actually, I'm not so sure.

    Yankees liked Stewart because he had a repertoire as a good backup defensive catcher. In turn, Yankees believed Martin provided enough offense in the catchers position.

    I know this is hindsight, but Im willing to bet Cervelli hits at least .230-.240 through the duration of an entire season, just like Martin, but Stewart will be unable to do so.

    If I'm Yankees, Cervelli is my starting catcher and Stewart remains the backup.
    Cervelli as a defender is scary. Just sign anyone and let them platoon with Stewart

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,705
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Cervelli as a defender is scary. Just sign anyone and let them platoon with Stewart
    And this is why I don't think the Yanks will use Cervelli as the starter. Stewart would probably be one of the worst starting catchers in MLB if he ends up with the job, but the Yankees have placed a premium on defense at catcher and Stewart is a much better defender than Cervelli, even if he only manages to hit .210-.220 (Martin, for what it's worth, hit less than this for most of last year).

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    If a deal for Mike Morse centers around dealing the likes of Boone Logan, you pounce on it with no hesitation.
    I am just biased...I think Boone has been splendid for the Yanks.
    Nick

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •