Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    To make room for Russ Canzler on the 40-man roster, the Yankees have designated Chris Dickerson for assignment.
    I don't know if I like this.

Who or what is "Russ Canzler"? Should I be excited?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Do Wang and Kennedy count as developed #2 starters?

Do Pettitte and Kuroda count as signed #2 starters?

I have no idea what this means. Whatever it means, it's not supported by the fact that they won more games than any other AL team and finished 2nd in MLB in runs scored.

Wang pitched for a couple of seasons and then faded and no you can't count Kennedy.
    They didn't have Andy when they traded for Pineda and at this point he's not a number 2 but he is still very good. Kuroda isn't a number 2. I would say he's a very good 3.*

They won a ton of games last yr no one can deny that but they were a front running offense season. How could anyone sit here and say the offense was great.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    I don't know if I like this.

Who or what is "Russ Canzler"? Should I be excited?
    Here’s the announcement from the Yankees.

The New York Yankees today announced they have claimed infielder/outfielder Russ Canzler off waivers from the Cleveland Indians.

Canzler, 26, appeared in 26 games for the Indians as a September call-up in 2012, hitting .269 (25-for-93) with three home runs and 11RBI. He made 24 starts with the Indians (11 in the outfield, seven at first base and six as the designated hitter), hitting safely in 15 of the contests.

A right-handed hitter from Hazleton, Penn., Canzler began the year with Triple-A Columbus of the International League, batting .265 (129-for-487) with 36 doubles, 22 home runs and 79RBI in 130 games. He led the International League in doubles while also pacing the team in home runs and RBI.

Originally selected by the Chicago Cubs in the 30th round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft, Canzler also saw Major League action in three games with Tampa Bay in 2011 (.333, 1-for-3, 1RBI, 1SF, 1BB, 1K). Throughout his professional career, he has appeared in games at first base, third base, left field, right field and designated hitter.

The Yankees will make a corresponding move to make room on the 40-man roster.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/01/0...-man-move-yet/
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    The fact that the rotation is still being patched together after him taking control in 05 is a problem. At this point they were suppose to have developed an ace already.
    The rotation is a patchwork?

I think the Yankee rotation is a strength.

Go back to the seasons after Andy left.....Those were Cashman patch works.
    Nick

vCash
    Wang pitched for a couple of seasons and then faded and no you can't count Kennedy.
    They didn't have Andy when they traded for Pineda and at this point he's not a number 2 but he is still very good. Kuroda isn't a number 2. I would say he's a very good 3.*

They won a ton of games last yr no one can deny that but they were a front running offense season. How could anyone sit here and say the offense was great.
    Wang didn't fade...he was Injured and never recovered 100%!
    Nick

vCash

You said they didn't develop any #2 starters. They developed both Wang and Kennedy, who a lot of people would consider exactly that. Wang didn't "fade," he injured himself running bases, and Kennedy was traded but that doesn't change the fact that they were developed in house.

vCash
    Hughes is a number 2. As in poop.

Swidt?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Wang didn't fade...he was Injured and never recovered 100%!
    They're partly to blame for that they botched his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The rotation is a patchwork?

I think the Yankee rotation is a strength.

Go back to the seasons after Andy left.....Those were Cashman patch works.
    Is it a strength but it hinges on too pitchers in their late 30s. The plan was for at most 2-3 slots held by cost controlled very good young pitchers

You said they didn't develop any #2 starters. They developed both Wang and Kennedy, who a lot of people would consider exactly that. Wang didn't "fade," he injured himself running bases, and Kennedy was traded but that doesn't change the fact that they were developed in house.
    Wang only lasted a few seasons and Kennedy became a good pitcher after he left. He credits the D'backs turning his career around and helping him become the pitcher he is. He didn't give credit to the Yankees. Gavin Flloyd won 17-18 games with the White Sox one season but do the Phillies view him as a guy they developed? No. Randy Johnson was drafted and came up as an Expo does he count as a guy they developed? No.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Four years of Swisher: Where he ranked among Yankees run producers

Good read for the people who like and hate him.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/01/0...ankees+Blog%29

vCash
    Dickerson designated for assignment:

To make room for Russ Canzler on the 40-man roster, the Yankees have designated Chris Dickerson for assignment.

Dickerson might be a perfect fourth or fifth outfielder for most any other team, but the Yankees abundance of left-handed outfielders makes him redundant on this roster. He cleared waivers when the Yankees designated him last spring, but it’s hard to imagine that happening this time. The Yankees don’t have to put him on waivers right away and can spend roughly a week trying to trade him instead.

At 30 years old, Dickerson has some speed, can play all three outfield spots, and has proven himself against right-handed pitching. In Triple-A this year, he seemed to make a legitimate step forward against lefties, leading to a .316/.417/.515 slash line with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He got a September call-up to New York where he hit .286/.412/.714 in limited at-bats. Dickerson might have made the postseason roster had Brett Gardner not come back from elbow surgery in time to play a role.

Essentially, Canzler fills a need — right-handed power, ability to play all four corners — which Dickerson does not. I would argue that Dickerson is the better player, but on this roster he’s not necessarily the better fit. I wrote a few weeks ago that it was basically inevitable Dickerson would be designated.
    Yankees LoHud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Four years of Swisher: Where he ranked among Yankees run producers

Good read for the people who like and hate him.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/01/0...ankees+Blog%29
    I don't like the idea that they try to play Swisher off as the 5th best of that group. At this point, I think it's pretty safe to assume he'll outproduce Teixeira and ARod at this point.

vCash
    They're partly to blame for that they botched his rehab.
    Tell me more about this, as this is the first I'm hearing that the Yankees botched Wang's rehab.

Is it a strength but it hinges on too pitchers in their late 30s. The plan was for at most 2-3 slots held by cost controlled very good young pitchers.
    Whose plan was this and how did you obtain access to it?

Wang only lasted a few seasons and Kennedy became a good pitcher after he left. He credits the D'backs turning his career around and helping him become the pitcher he is. He didn't give credit to the Yankees. Gavin Floyd won 17-18 games with the White Sox one season but do the Phillies view him as a guy they developed? No. Randy Johnson was drafted and came up as an Expo does he count as a guy they developed? No.
    And how is that you know that the Phillies don't take credit for Floyd or the Expos don't take credit for Johnson?

vCash
    Yankees showing some interest in Berkman:

According to Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, the Yankees are one of several teams interested in signing Lance Berkman.

Davidoff notes that it's unclear whether Berkman would consider a reunion with the Bombers, especially due to the interest from his hometown Astros and Rangers. With Mark Teixeira entrenched at first base, and several veterans who could use days of rest at the DH position, it's difficult to see a fit between the two parties.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Last edited by ZamboniCub; 01-04-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: derp

vCash
    I dont know if this has been posted yet but I just read that romine is slated to start the season in AAA. So its going to be cervelli/stewart.

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast