Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And I'll also add that at the time, Cashman made the right choice doing the trade. We needed a starter at the time, and we had a surplus of catching prospects. We traded the most proven one, relatively of course, and got their second best young pitcher.

I think we should all be happy. Neither team has won the trade yet. Perhaps we'll see in the next 2 years who got the better deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    I don't see how that compares.

I'm not saying Pineda shouldn't have higher expectations, but I'm just saying we can't think this guy is the next king Felix or something, at least not at this point of his career. He's not gonna be 19-5 this year with a 2.70 ERA, even if he did get a full season this year. I'm really hoping for some quality starts from him when he comes back because we all saw how dominant he can be.

But don't say that he has to pan out right away or it was a bust. He's 23. Montero didn't really have that great of a year, and I don't think Safeco moving in the fences will help all that much.
    Thing about Jesus is he's not injured. Pineda is coming back from a serious injury.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    ^ Granted, and I mentioned that. Shoulder injuries are the worst for a pitcher. I'd take 10 elbow surgeries over 1 shoulder surgery. But give me a bit of the benefit of the doubt, he's young. He's not 40.

My final take is that we just don't know who won the trade. As far as I can tell, Seattle didn't make the playoffs with either Pineda or Montero, and we made it without either of them. I think adding Pineda mid season will boost our club, provided he's ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackals View Post
    Just was looking at next seasons schedule... did you guys see the month of August?

Tigers
    Angels
    Red Sox
    Blue Jays
    Rays
    Blue Jays
    Orioles

We also have a span of games in June (Mid to end) with:

Angels
    Dodgers
    Rays
    Rangers
    Orioles

Who the heck made the schedule? This has to be one of the hardest ranked schedules for 2013 season.

Who'd you think we'd be playing?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    was working ona project with Canos PR group and they all totally expect the Yankees to sign him, they want to market him as the face of the team and have so many deals in place so my hopes of the yankees trading him appear slim, they are going to milk that cow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Who'd you think we'd be playing?
    apparently the great yankees should only play againt female softball teams so they can gloat how great the Yankees are when they get the best record in the East

Winning is useless unless you do it against the best otherwise what is there to celebrate ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    was working ona project with Canos PR group and they all totally expect the Yankees to sign him, they want to market him as the face of the team and have so many deals in place so my hopes of the yankees trading him appear slim, they are going to milk that cow
    Do you know why? Even if we all think he doesn't hustle all the time, he's one of the best players the Yankees have ever seen, especially this era. Not comparing him to the likes of Munson, Jackson or Mattingly... Just saying he is a truly homegrown (farm grown) guy and will be a Yankee for life, like Jeter and Mo.

vCash
    munson jackson and mattingly carried the team on their backs, Cano hasnt, munson and mattingly were the heart and soul of the teams cano is just the star athlete, cano is a great talent but i believe he needs other stars around him to make him look as good as he does and he couldnt shine alone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    munson jackson and mattingly carried the team on their backs, Cano hasnt, munson and mattingly were the heart and soul of the teams cano is just the star athlete, cano is a great talent but i believe he needs other stars around him to make him look as good as he does and he couldnt shine alone
    this is a good post

vCash
    And I'll also add that at the time, Cashman made the right choice doing the trade. We needed a starter at the time, and we had a surplus of catching prospects. We traded the most proven one, relatively of course, and got their second best young pitcher.

I think we should all be happy. Neither team has won the trade yet. Perhaps we'll see in the next 2 years who got the better deal.
    I still don't see how he made the right choice. It was very obvious this offense was gonna be in serious trouble before long with the age of the majority of the hitters. I and many people said this last offseason even before the trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I still don't see how he made the right choice. It was very obvious this offense was gonna be in serious trouble before long with the age of the majority of the hitters. I and many people said this last offseason even before the trade.
    Yes, but it was equally obvious that the pitching staff after CC was being patched together with 1 year of Pettitte, 1 year of Kuroda, and a bunch of question marks. It was also not obvious that Montero would have solved any of the offensive problems.

vCash
    Do you know why? Even if we all think he doesn't hustle all the time, he's one of the best players the Yankees have ever seen, especially this era. Not comparing him to the likes of Munson, Jackson or Mattingly... Just saying he is a truly homegrown (farm grown) guy and will be a Yankee for life, like Jeter and Mo.
    And Bernie too!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackals View Post
    Just was looking at next seasons schedule... did you guys see the month of August?

Tigers
    Angels
    Red Sox
    Blue Jays
    Rays
    Blue Jays
    Orioles

We also have a span of games in June (Mid to end) with:

Angels
    Dodgers
    Rays
    Rangers
    Orioles

Who the heck made the schedule? This has to be one of the hardest ranked schedules for 2013 season.

5/7 of those teams are American League East teams, and we are bound to play other teams at some point or another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Yes, but it was equally obvious that the pitching staff after CC was being patched together with 1 year of Pettitte, 1 year of Kuroda, and a bunch of question marks. It was also not obvious that Montero would have solved any of the offensive problems.
    Exactly, TallicaFan. It's harder to find good young pitching than good young hitting. And we all know pitching wins championships. Our offense is always good. It was great last year, we just couldn't keep it up when it mattered. Thankfully, pitching stepped up late. We need both to click all year this coming season.

vCash
    ^ Granted, and I mentioned that. Shoulder injuries are the worst for a pitcher. I'd take 10 elbow surgeries over 1 shoulder surgery. But give me a bit of the benefit of the doubt, he's young. He's not 40.

My final take is that we just don't know who won the trade. As far as I can tell, Seattle didn't make the playoffs with either Pineda or Montero, and we made it without either of them. I think adding Pineda mid season will boost our club, provided he's ready.
    Hopefully he can be a boost to us this season. They need him going forward.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast