Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 1001
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,246
    vCash
    1500
    Screw upton let's get Miguel montero.

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,553
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Screw upton let's get Miguel montero.
    Can we trade Pineda for him?

    Swidt?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,246
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Can we trade Pineda for him?

    Swidt?
    No Pineda Is an ace. They can have our garbage

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,709
    vCash
    1500

    This Off Season is so boring! Fantasy land time

    Think cap friendly numbers, positions needed and be realistic. If you could sign two position players from any time in Yankee history aside from Babe, Gehrig, Joe D, Yogi or Mickey Mantle, who would it be?
    I'm leaning Munson/Henderson or O'neill
    Posada/Rivers would be great

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,663
    vCash
    1500
    Reggie Jackson
    Thurman Munson

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    24,810
    vCash
    1500
    Ron Guidry
    Don Mattingly

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Think cap friendly numbers, positions needed and be realistic. If you could sign two position players from any time in Yankee history aside from Babe, Gehrig, Joe D, Yogi or Mickey Mantle, who would it be?
    I'm leaning Munson/Henderson or O'neill
    Posada/Rivers would be great
    Nick Swisher and Russell Martin
    Nick

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I warned u all about bucks birds over a year ago.
    I did warn you all about Buck's Birds and they took the Yankees to a must win Game 5 in the playoffs.
    Nick

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I did warn you all about Buck's Birds and they took the Yankees to a must win Game 5 in the playoffs.
    Meanwhile, expect a last place or 4th place finish next year.

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,205
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    No Pineda Is an ace. They can have our garbage
    Is he now? If he were, I don't think Cashman would have bothered to resign one of Pettitte or Kuroda.

    Pineda hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Let's not forget, even though he was injured, he was destroyed this past year in ST. And it wasn't even an elbow problem, it was a freakin shoulder, the worst thing for a pitcher.

    I'm honestly high on this kid though, especially since we traded the Pujols-like Montero for him. I want him to succeed so badly and be our potential ace going forward. He'll have to develop a change up, but that's what we have Rothschild for. My point: don't overrate him. Underrate him, if anything. Then if he sucks, it'll just be eh...but if he pitches well we can all be pleasantly surprised.

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,246
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Is he now? If he were, I don't think Cashman would have bothered to resign one of Pettitte or Kuroda.

    Pineda hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Let's not forget, even though he was injured, he was destroyed this past year in ST. And it wasn't even an elbow problem, it was a freakin shoulder, the worst thing for a pitcher.

    I'm honestly high on this kid though, especially since we traded the Pujols-like Montero for him. I want him to succeed so badly and be our potential ace going forward. He'll have to develop a change up, but that's what we have Rothschild for. My point: don't overrate him. Underrate him, if anything. Then if he sucks, it'll just be eh...but if he pitches well we can all be pleasantly surprised.
    It was a joke between us

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Meanwhile, expect a last place or 4th place finish next year.
    Too many one run 1 wins. They will no doubt crash back to earth.
    Nick

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Is he now? If he were, I don't think Cashman would have bothered to resign one of Pettitte or Kuroda.

    Pineda hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Let's not forget, even though he was injured, he was destroyed this past year in ST. And it wasn't even an elbow problem, it was a freakin shoulder, the worst thing for a pitcher.

    I'm honestly high on this kid though, especially since we traded the Pujols-like Montero for him. I want him to succeed so badly and be our potential ace going forward. He'll have to develop a change up, but that's what we have Rothschild for. My point: don't overrate him. Underrate him, if anything. Then if he sucks, it'll just be eh...but if he pitches well we can all be pleasantly surprised.

    Too late for that....he was rated high when Cashman sent the Pujols like Montero for him.....you cannot lower expectations. He must pan out or pray that Montero is a bust. Injury or no injury..

    Look at what happened when George traded for Britt Burns with his high expectations. George thought he stole Burns from Chicago as he sent Joe Cowley and Ron Hassey for Britt. Cowley was 21-9 as a Yankee starter with very high expectations as he was very young and George did not trust young players back then. Burns was a young starter a LEFTY with high expectations as well. Both retired due to injury by age 26.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-04-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Nick

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,205
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Too late for that....he was rated high when Cashman sent the Pujols like Montero for him.....you cannot lower expectations. He must pan out or pray that Montero is a bust. Injury or no injury..

    Look at what happened when George traded for Britt Burns with his high expectations. George thought he stole Burns from Chicago as he sent Joe Cowley and Ron Hassey for Britt. Cowley was 21-9 as a Yankee starter with very high expectations as he was very young and George did not trust young players back then. Burns was a young starter a LEFTY with high expectations as well. Both retired due to injury by age 26.
    I don't see how that compares.

    I'm not saying Pineda shouldn't have higher expectations, but I'm just saying we can't think this guy is the next king Felix or something, at least not at this point of his career. He's not gonna be 19-5 this year with a 2.70 ERA, even if he did get a full season this year. I'm really hoping for some quality starts from him when he comes back because we all saw how dominant he can be.

    But don't say that he has to pan out right away or it was a bust. He's 23. Montero didn't really have that great of a year, and I don't think Safeco moving in the fences will help all that much.

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,205
    vCash
    1500
    And why do we act like Montero was like literally Jesus or something?....swidt?

    Yes, he can hit, but can he hit consistently at the major league level with power? We never really saw except that one little month he was with us. He has to sustain that over a full year, and based on last year, he did not. He's not Reggie Jax or something, good god people, stop overrating.

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •