vCash
    Screw upton let's get Miguel montero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Screw upton let's get Miguel montero.
    Can we trade Pineda for him?

Swidt?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Can we trade Pineda for him?

Swidt?
    No Pineda Is an ace. They can have our garbage

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

This Off Season is so boring! Fantasy land time

Think cap friendly numbers, positions needed and be realistic. If you could sign two position players from any time in Yankee history aside from Babe, Gehrig, Joe D, Yogi or Mickey Mantle, who would it be?
    I'm leaning Munson/Henderson or O'neill
    Posada/Rivers would be great

vCash
    Reggie Jackson
    Thurman Munson

vCash
    Ron Guidry
    Don Mattingly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Think cap friendly numbers, positions needed and be realistic. If you could sign two position players from any time in Yankee history aside from Babe, Gehrig, Joe D, Yogi or Mickey Mantle, who would it be?
    I'm leaning Munson/Henderson or O'neill
    Posada/Rivers would be great
    Nick Swisher and Russell Martin
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I warned u all about bucks birds over a year ago.
    I did warn you all about Buck's Birds and they took the Yankees to a must win Game 5 in the playoffs.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I did warn you all about Buck's Birds and they took the Yankees to a must win Game 5 in the playoffs.
    Meanwhile, expect a last place or 4th place finish next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    No Pineda Is an ace. They can have our garbage
    Is he now? If he were, I don't think Cashman would have bothered to resign one of Pettitte or Kuroda.

Pineda hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Let's not forget, even though he was injured, he was destroyed this past year in ST. And it wasn't even an elbow problem, it was a freakin shoulder, the worst thing for a pitcher.

I'm honestly high on this kid though, especially since we traded the Pujols-like Montero for him. I want him to succeed so badly and be our potential ace going forward. He'll have to develop a change up, but that's what we have Rothschild for. My point: don't overrate him. Underrate him, if anything. Then if he sucks, it'll just be eh...but if he pitches well we can all be pleasantly surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Is he now? If he were, I don't think Cashman would have bothered to resign one of Pettitte or Kuroda.

Pineda hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Let's not forget, even though he was injured, he was destroyed this past year in ST. And it wasn't even an elbow problem, it was a freakin shoulder, the worst thing for a pitcher.

I'm honestly high on this kid though, especially since we traded the Pujols-like Montero for him. I want him to succeed so badly and be our potential ace going forward. He'll have to develop a change up, but that's what we have Rothschild for. My point: don't overrate him. Underrate him, if anything. Then if he sucks, it'll just be eh...but if he pitches well we can all be pleasantly surprised.
    It was a joke between us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Meanwhile, expect a last place or 4th place finish next year.
    Too many one run 1 wins. They will no doubt crash back to earth.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post

Too late for that....he was rated high when Cashman sent the Pujols like Montero for him.....you cannot lower expectations. He must pan out or pray that Montero is a bust. Injury or no injury..

Look at what happened when George traded for Britt Burns with his high expectations. George thought he stole Burns from Chicago as he sent Joe Cowley and Ron Hassey for Britt. Cowley was 21-9 as a Yankee starter with very high expectations as he was very young and George did not trust young players back then. Burns was a young starter a LEFTY with high expectations as well. Both retired due to injury by age 26.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-04-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Too late for that....he was rated high when Cashman sent the Pujols like Montero for him.....you cannot lower expectations. He must pan out or pray that Montero is a bust. Injury or no injury..

Look at what happened when George traded for Britt Burns with his high expectations. George thought he stole Burns from Chicago as he sent Joe Cowley and Ron Hassey for Britt. Cowley was 21-9 as a Yankee starter with very high expectations as he was very young and George did not trust young players back then. Burns was a young starter a LEFTY with high expectations as well. Both retired due to injury by age 26.
    I don't see how that compares.

I'm not saying Pineda shouldn't have higher expectations, but I'm just saying we can't think this guy is the next king Felix or something, at least not at this point of his career. He's not gonna be 19-5 this year with a 2.70 ERA, even if he did get a full season this year. I'm really hoping for some quality starts from him when he comes back because we all saw how dominant he can be.

But don't say that he has to pan out right away or it was a bust. He's 23. Montero didn't really have that great of a year, and I don't think Safeco moving in the fences will help all that much.

vCash
    And why do we act like Montero was like literally Jesus or something?....swidt?

Yes, he can hit, but can he hit consistently at the major league level with power? We never really saw except that one little month he was with us. He has to sustain that over a full year, and based on last year, he did not. He's not Reggie Jax or something, good god people, stop overrating.

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast