Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    22 Games is a big gap, Reyes on concrete ouch
    I wouldn't put much stock into last year though. The Jays got significantly better. The Yankees are a year older and havent really got better. I think health is the biggest key for Toronto. If they can stay healthy they are scary good. I wouldnt be a bit surprised if they make the playoffs next year. They have the talent to do so, they just need to stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    22 Games is a big gap, Reyes on concrete ouch
    I wouldn't put much stock into last year though. The Jays got significantly better. The Yankees are a year older and havent really got better. I think health is the biggest key for Toronto. If they can stay healthy they are scary good. I wouldnt be a bit surprised if they make the playoffs next year. They have the talent to do so, they just need to stay healthy.
    Yup, that's what it will essentially come down to.

vCash
    When was the last time a team that looks best on paper won the WS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock Me View Post
    When was the last time a team that looks best on paper won the WS?
    2009 Yankees? Damn good offseason before that year getting Tex, CC and Burnett. One of, if not the, best teams in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    2009 Yankees? Damn good offseason before that year getting Tex, CC and Burnett. One of, if not the, best teams in baseball.
    Yanks were picked to finish 3rd that year btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The offense is nowhere near the same as you say....they will score less runs and CC,Pettitte and Kuroda must make 85-90 starts and to be effective if they want to contend.

If, if,if......

Locked and loaded?

Huh?
    While I understand your concern, we have been in so much worse situations then this and still made it to the postseason.

Youkilis should give you roughly the same production A-Rod gave us last year. Austin Romine, although he doesn't have the power Martin does, will DEFINITELY hit for a better average then Martin. More times on base, mre opportunities to score. Brett Gardner is back, one of the best defensive outfielders and something he possesses that we desperately need, speed on the basepaths.

Not to mention, I think a lot of people forget, Tex was injured for about a month. He may not hit .300 anymore, but assuming he stays healthy, I think it is fair to expect at least 7-8 homers more from him. A full year of Ichiro gives us something we sure as hell could use: more speed on the basepaths, and a clutch hitter. Sure, he may not consistently hit a double or a homer when you need it, but the guy hits, gets on base, and most of the time, scores.

The reason I stress speed on the basepaths is because just look at those numbers last year. Absolutely pathetic. If I am not mistaken, Ichiro led the team in stolen bases.....in half a season! lol I think with this extra tool the Yanks have, we more then make up for any production we lost.

Not to mention, I doubt we are finished. Expect one more signing/trade to get plugged into our lineup.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    This is another reason why I hate posting on this forum. You guys (not all, but most) are so hypocritical its comical. Why are all the Blue Jay pickups going to decline and/or get injured and when the same thing is mentioned about Rivera or Jeter (for examaple) you guys are so quick to defend them.

I saw nothing in either Buerle' or Reyes' games last year that indicates a decline in the near future. Hell Buerhle has been a 200 inning a year guy for a long time. So now that he is a Jay he is going to decline?

And if you mean filling holes with scraps; filling LF gap with last years NL batting champ°, filling SS with Reyes, filling rotation holes with last years NL CY Young winner-and two other TORPs. Just another asinine Yankee fan comment.

Go ahead and try to bash me. The reality is if you guys made the same moves you would be screaming World Series winners and planning a parade. On paper the Jays are better right now. Let's wait and see when they any the games. Just stop making stupid comments like "scraps".

The Yankees have been winning the ALEast with old players since 1996....until they crap out they deserve respect. The Jays basically couldn't develop their own players and get good veterans mixed in to play in that pit.

And nobody said the Jays didn't improve with their dumpster diving scraps! Maybe your Jays will win 86 but still 7-8 behind the Rays and Yanks.

Too many new players thrown in the pot.....it never works out......the Rays are still better than the Jays.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    While I understand your concern, we have been in so much worse situations then this and still made it to the postseason.

Youkilis should give you roughly the same production A-Rod gave us last year. Austin Romine, although he doesn't have the power Martin does, will DEFINITELY hit for a better average then Martin. More times on base, mre opportunities to score. Brett Gardner is back, one of the best defensive outfielders and something he possesses that we desperately need, speed on the basepaths.

Not to mention, I think a lot of people forget, Tex was injured for about a month. He may not hit .300 anymore, but assuming he stays healthy, I think it is fair to expect at least 7-8 homers more from him. A full year of Ichiro gives us something we sure as hell could use: more speed on the basepaths, and a clutch hitter. Sure, he may not consistently hit a double or a homer when you need it, but the guy hits, gets on base, and most of the time, scores.

The reason I stress speed on the basepaths is because just look at those numbers last year. Absolutely pathetic. If I am not mistaken, Ichiro led the team in stolen bases.....in half a season! lol I think with this extra tool the Yanks have, we more then make up for any production we lost.

Not to mention, I doubt we are finished. Expect one more signing/trade to get plugged into our lineup.

The Yanks will be a 93-96 winning team if CC, Andyand Kuroda make all of their starts and they are also effective.....the offense is no doubt lacking firepower but I still believe they will score enough to win enough games to make the postseason.....

2014 is where the change begins....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Alas, point proven. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you......the epitomy of ignorance.
    Your sarcasm meter could stand to be calibrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    The Yankees won 95 games. They didn't have to get any better.

The Jays won 73 games. Time will tell if they got 22 games better.

vCash
    When the Toronto Marlins crap out in 2013 this dude will be no where to be found on this forum..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    the yankees won 95 games. They didn't have to get any better.

The jays won 73 games. Time will tell if they got 22 games better.
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    when the toronto marlins crap out in 2013 this dude will be no where to be found on this forum..
    boom!!!!:d:d

vCash
    I'm editing this post cause I amd a nicey guy and Oak told me too!
    Last edited by TrueYankee; 12-30-2012 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    I'm editing this post cause I amd a nicey guy and Oak told me too!

Copy/paste

I LOVE copy/paste on the computers.
    Last edited by TrueYankee; 12-30-2012 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    I'm editing this post cause I am a nicey guy and Oak told me too!

But I still stand by what I said! OAK AND SLICK AS MY WITNESSES@!
    Last edited by TrueYankee; 12-30-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast