Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Name one.
    David Wright would certainly upgrade our 3rd base situation and let ARod DH full time once he returns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    David Wright would certainly upgrade our 3rd base situation and let ARod DH full time once he returns.
    Cause he's available?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    And who would ever want that contract?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Josh Johnson is always injured, Ex WhiteSox pitcher will start decline, Reyes legs will not hold up on that turf, and save the good things about the new turf, still not the same, And RA will get smacked around in the AL.

You just filled holes with scraps...
    This is another reason why I hate posting on this forum. You guys (not all, but most) are so hypocritical its comical. Why are all the Blue Jay pickups going to decline and/or get injured and when the same thing is mentioned about Rivera or Jeter (for examaple) you guys are so quick to defend them.

I saw nothing in either Buerle' or Reyes' games last year that indicates a decline in the near future. Hell Buerhle has been a 200 inning a year guy for a long time. So now that he is a Jay he is going to decline?

And if you mean filling holes with scraps; filling LF gap with last years NL batting champ°, filling SS with Reyes, filling rotation holes with last years NL CY Young winner-and two other TORPs. Just another asinine Yankee fan comment.

Go ahead and try to bash me. The reality is if you guys made the same moves you would be screaming World Series winners and planning a parade. On paper the Jays are better right now. Let's wait and see when they any the games. Just stop making stupid comments like "scraps".

vCash
    But the blue jay's play in Canada...Nuff said!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    This is another reason why I hate posting on this forum. You guys (not all, but most) are so hypocritical its comical. Why are all the Blue Jay pickups going to decline and/or get injured and when the same thing is mentioned about Rivera or Jeter (for examaple) you guys are so quick to defend them.

I saw nothing in either Buerle' or Reyes' games last year that indicates a decline in the near future. Hell Buerhle has been a 200 inning a year guy for a long time. So now that he is a Jay he is going to decline?

And if you mean filling holes with scraps; filling LF gap with last years NL batting champ°, filling SS with Reyes, filling rotation holes with last years NL CY Young winner-and two other TORPs. Just another asinine Yankee fan comment.

Go ahead and try to bash me. The reality is if you guys made the same moves you would be screaming World Series winners and planning a parade. On paper the Jays are better right now. Let's wait and see when they any the games. Just stop making stupid comments like "scraps".
    Nice post. I dont get all the hate for JJ, Buehrle, Reyes and Dickey. There are some questions about health with JJ and Reyes but Dickey and Buehrle IMO are solid. If JJ can manage 20 starts and Reyes plays 140 games then look out. I would take the "scraps" the Jays got any day of the week. The Jays are for real and will be contenders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Nice post. I dont get all the hate for JJ, Buehrle, Reyes and Dickey. There are some questions about health with JJ and Reyes but Dickey and Buehrle IMO are solid. If JJ can manage 20 starts and Reyes plays 140 games then look out. I would take the "scraps" the Jays got any day of the week. The Jays are for real and will be contenders.
    22 Games is a big gap, Reyes on concrete ouch

vCash

Career-wise, Jeter and Rivera are hall-of-fame, elite players who are on another level than Reyes, Buerhle, and RA who are not hall-of-famers. Yes all players have question marks, but I believe the TOR players are more susceptible to the question marks with a new environment, age, different league/division. etc.
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

vCash

it's because no one knows how to put their Yankee fan bias aside to have a baseball conversation. When they say the Blue Jays are no different than the Marlins it would be no different if you came here and said the Yankee offense will be no different than it was the last two weeks of 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    But the blue jay's play in Canada...Nuff said!
    Alas, point proven. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you......the epitomy of ignorance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I knew there were some levelheaded people in here. Its too bad you're not the majority.

If the Yankees added these same pieces to their line-up. World Series favorites, no question. They didn't and we'll just have to see how everyone gels on the Jays.

That being said, I believe that baseball is the easiest sport to gel in. My reasoning is that so much of the game is individual performance, as in a batter will hit or not hit the ball-he doesn't need his teammates help to do so. Same thing with pitchers.

vCash
    I knew there were some levelheaded people in here. Its too bad you're not the majority.

If the Yankees added these same pieces to their line-up. World Series favorites, no question. They didn't and we'll just have to see how everyone gels on the Jays.

That being said, I believe that baseball is the easiest sport to gel in. My reasoning is that so much of the game is individual performance, as in a batter will hit or not hit the ball-he doesn't need his teammates help to do so. Same thing with pitchers.
    Yanks won 95 games.... And the Jays were great ?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Moneyball, we're replacing swish in the aggregate. And I don't think we'll miss martin's (lack of) production that badly.
    Martin was frustrating but do ppl really believe Romine who has never been known for his bat and two back-ups can replace him.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Swisher is gone but Gardner is back and Ichiro will be there for a full season. Obviously, they'll lose some HRs, but I'll take the speed guys over the HRs.

Martin and his .200 average, however, will be sorely missed.
    Speed is important but we're talking about Garner who missed most of the season and a player in his late 30s. Outside of two months with the Yankees Ichiro was terrible.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Yanks won 95 games.... And the Jays were great ?!
    ??? Who said anything remotely close "the Jays were great"? I hope they will be but that never came up in any of my posts, but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast