Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i'm not going to comment on what the final standings will be in december, but as of now the Yankees are definitely worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    i'm not going to comment on what the final standings will be in december, but as of now the Yankees are definitely worse
    On paper? It is hard for me to believe in a "team" that has not played together yet, has not proven to gel, the whole thing might fall apart. Winning the off season means nothing (see 2011 Red Sox, 2012 Marlins). Say what you want about how the Yankees didn't change, but we do know that this group can win, has won and will win in the upcoming season.

Probably best to not comment on MLB standings in Dec. or go into the whole "on paper" debate... but hit us back next Oct and we will see who wound up on top the New York Yankees or the Toronto Marlins..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-28-2012 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    On paper? It is hard for me to believe in a "team" that has not played together yet, has not proven to gel, the whole thing might fall apart. Winning the off season means nothing (see 2011 Red Sox, 2012 Marlins). Say what you want about how the Yankees didn't change, but we do know that this group can win, has won and will win in the upcoming season.

Probably best to not comment on MLB standings in Dec. or go into the whole "on paper" debate... but hit us back next Oct and we will see who wound up on top the New York Yankees or the Toronto Marlins..
    what part of not saying about the final standings in december didn't you understand?

vCash
    what part of not saying about the final standings in december didn't you understand?
    Harry, you're such a troublemaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Harry, you're such a troublemaker.
    our partnership died with dewayne wise

vCash
    Kinda spoke out of both sides of your mouth there..
    Now while I was agreeing it was best not to comment on December, I disagree that the Blue Jays are superior in any sense since we haven't seen them on the field..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-29-2012 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Probably the month

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    By the way, I don't know what the fack has gotten into everybody's head (not just some Yanks fans but EVERYONE in the MLB forum) but the Yanks are winning the division.

We had a DOGSHIET postseason, but we were still tops in pretty much every offensive category, and have every reason to believe the rotation gets better. If Kuroda pitches the same, Pettitte stays healthy and CC goes back to pre-2012 CC, we are locked and loaded
    The offense is nowhere near the same as you say....they will score less runs and CC,Pettitte and Kuroda must make 85-90 starts and to be effective if they want to contend.

If, if,if......

Locked and loaded?

Huh?
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Our team is no worse. Gardner + Ichiro should make up for Swisher + Martin. The starting pitching is the same but Pettitte should be there all year. Mo will be back.

The O's are not any better. The Rays got worse. The Red Sox are irrelevant. The Jays became the Marlins.

93-94 wins, AL East champs.
    They will score less but hopefully the pitching gives up less and then 93-94 might be possible...
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Never remember a player hurting his BA because of being of juice. Normally the power goes away (see A-Rod).Could be wrong, but you guys have more knowledge then I do with regards to PEDs. What I ask is to stop being hypocritical, don't tell me Melky is going to fail while in the same breath, Pettite succeeded.

As for the scraps from the Marlins; interestingly enough, the Jays got their best pitcher, the chisox ex-best pitcher, and one of the best SS in all baseball. I'll take those "scraps" every day of the week.

Try taking off the Yankee colored sunglasses.
    Josh Johnson is always injured, Ex WhiteSox pitcher will start decline, Reyes legs will not hold up on that turf, and save the good things about the new turf, still not the same, And RA will get smacked around in the AL.

You just filled holes with scraps...
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Josh Johnson is always injured, Ex WhiteSox pitcher will start decline, Reyes legs will not hold up on that turf, and save the good things about the new turf, still not the same, And RA will get smacked around in the AL.

You just filled holes with scraps...

vCash
    Blue Jays go 150-12.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    How bout the pitcher the Jays ended up with....
    Let's see how he makes out in the AL East. Then we can answer that question. I have a feeling that answer will be no.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Let's see how he makes out in the AL East. Then we can answer that question. I have a feeling that answer will be no.
    I'd be pretty confident that Dickey would be an upgrade for our team. I'm not pretending I think he's an ace. But I do think it's foolish to think there's no player on the Mets team that would be worth anything to the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I'd be pretty confident that Dickey would be an upgrade for our team. I'm not pretending I think he's an ace. But I do think it's foolish to think there's no player on the Mets team that would be worth anything to the Yankees.
    Name one.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast