Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 1001
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where ever the battle is
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Lawrie still has yet to show that he's a stud, he has great potential, but he has yet to match it. NL Batting Champ is off the juice, I'd put money on him having a very down year. You guys also took a bunch of the scraps from the Marlins, I'm willing to bet Reyes and Johnson both spend time on the DL this year. The Blue Jays are the paper champions, but as the Red Sox showed a few years ago, that doesn't mean you guys will be the dominant team you expect to be.
    Never remember a player hurting his BA because of being of juice. Normally the power goes away (see A-Rod).Could be wrong, but you guys have more knowledge then I do with regards to PEDs. What I ask is to stop being hypocritical, don't tell me Melky is going to fail while in the same breath, Pettite succeeded.

    As for the scraps from the Marlins; interestingly enough, the Jays got their best pitcher, the chisox ex-best pitcher, and one of the best SS in all baseball. I'll take those "scraps" every day of the week.

    Try taking off the Yankee colored sunglasses.
    Last edited by TRIUMPHATOR; 12-28-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: stupid auto correct

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    How are they no worse than last yr with everyone being a yr older and they haven't replaced the production they lost with Martin and Swisher leaving?
    Moneyball, we're replacing swish in the aggregate. And I don't think we'll miss martin's (lack of) production that badly.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,879
    vCash
    1500
    Is this the same Blue Jays guy who listed Ricky Romero as an asset?

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Never remember a player hurting his BA because of being of juice. Normally the power goes away (see A-Rod).Could be wrong, but you guys have more knowledge then I do with regards to PEDs. What I ask is to stop being hypocritical, don't tell me Melky is going to fail while in the same breath, Pettite succeeded.

    As for the scraps from the Marlins; interestingly enough, the Jays got their best pitcher, the chisox ex-best pitcher, and one of the best SS in all baseball. I'll take those "scraps" every day of the week.

    Try taking off the Yankee colored sunglasses.
    Pettitte used steroids back in like 2002-3. The guy knows how to pitch. Also, I'm not sure steroids help pitchers as much as position players. It's nice to be strong being a pitcher, but it doesn't help you throw the ball any better, control wise. It doesn't help to do anything other than potentially add a couple extra mph on the ol' number one.

    Hitters like the extra distance the balls travels. A lazy can of corn turns into a first or second row bomb. (Not counting the absolute no doubters.)

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,826
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    How are they no worse than last yr with everyone being a yr older and they haven't replaced the production they lost with Martin and Swisher leaving?
    Swisher is gone but Gardner is back and Ichiro will be there for a full season. Obviously, they'll lose some HRs, but I'll take the speed guys over the HRs.

    Martin and his .200 average, however, will be sorely missed.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,826
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Thanks for reading my entire post and only offering two rebuttals.

    The Jays are much deeper than the Marlins. They added the best players on the Marlins (minus Stanton), NL Cy, NL Bat champ, and kept their own best......I know you don't want to agree (hometown aside) but the reality is the Yankees are 1b this season IMHO.
    Sorry for not responding to each and every one of your words.

    Once I read them again, I realized that you guys have it wrapped up. Congratulations on your championship off season.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,826
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Is this the same Blue Jays guy who listed Ricky Romero as an asset?
    Ricky Romero is a great asset to the rest of the AL East.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    ^ especially since we have several other power guys.

    I hope this turns us into a more balanced team, rather than a HR or nothing team. Hopefully Kevin Long works with Granderson on his plate discipline to eliminate some of his K's. If he can get back up to .275 or .280 with 30 HRs I'll be happy.

    I want us to be able to get hits when we need to, aka the post season. We can win the division on power and pitching, but the playoffs are a different animal. How did the giants win again? They can hit for average too!

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,299
    vCash
    1500
    Ricky romero is still a good piece to have. I realize he was aweful last year but he has huge upside and did show it plenty of times.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,879
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Ricky romero is still a good piece to have. I realize he was aweful last year but he has huge upside and did show it plenty of times.

    One good season, One Great and than last years diabolical that had with a near 6 ERA, leading the entire AL in walks and ending the year with precautionary elbow surgery? No structural damage was found, but I guess they had to blame his complete breakdown of command on something..
    No sorry I do not buy the bounce back and I'm not penciling this guy in for a Cy Young like most Blue Jays fans..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-28-2012 at 04:30 PM.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,663
    vCash
    1500
    Slick, you truly crack me up. Thank you.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,557
    vCash
    1500
    It's too bad the Yanks and Mets can't help each other out.

    I can't even think of a realistic Met we want.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    It's too bad the Yanks and Mets can't help each other out.

    I can't even think of a realistic Met we want.
    How bout the pitcher the Jays ended up with....

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    How bout the pitcher the Jays ended up with....
    I would have loved him but no shot in hell they traded him to the yanks.

    I'd say Duda might be worth a shot....but we don't need more lefties.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I would have loved him but no shot in hell they traded him to the yanks.

    I'd say Duda might be worth a shot....but we don't need more lefties.
    i'd take wright not at that contract tho,
    i'd take harvey, i'd take johan for free only, i'd take wheeler but i'm just dreaming.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

    My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •