Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    if by excited you mean why do I think he could be a solid bat? I'm not suggesting this guy is Asdrubal Cabrera. Mostly it's because I think it's a risk worth taking and I really don't think it's that big of a risk. I posted earlier about my opinion on achieving a more balanced lineup is to have more balanced hitters. It not necessarily about getting a guy who gets 250 hits, or a guy who hits 60 bombs, or a guy who steals 60 bags. It's about getting a guy who can do some of each. I think Nunez can be that type of player.
    Harry, do you think of Cervelli as a good hitter?

Because he and Nunez have put up very similar numbers in roughly the same number of big league ABs and both are considered sub-par defensively.

Nunez: .272/.318/.384
    Cervelli: .271/.339/.353

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I like Nunez. But I actually prefer Adams. And I hate Youk being here, despite liking Youk. I just hate the "toolsy" tag. I am not a fan of promotions, signings, etc based on a mans athleticism.
    preaching to the choir my friend. But that goes more for pitchers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Harry, do you think of Cervelli as a good hitter?

Because he and Nunez have put up very similar numbers in roughly the same number of big league ABs and both are considered sub-par defensively.

Nunez: .272/.318/.384
    Cervelli: .271/.339/.353
    c'mon slick, I'm not new here. As i mention before it's clear to me that Nunez has the approach and swing to be a capable hitter at the major league level, which Cervelli does not. I know it was only one at bat, but the at bat Nunez had against Verlander last October shows more to me what kind of Major League hitter he can be than the numbers he put up in the at bats he had sprinkled over the last 3 years.

vCash
    It was definitely a nice at bat but like you said it was one AB. To think one AB points more towards what he's capable of than the previous 3 years of ML ball and 3+ years of Minor League ball is kinda crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Until it fails miserably, nobody can say the current course is wrong. The old course got us one ring in 12 years with annual playoff appearances.

This current course probably won't do much worse.

I'm all for the one year deals until we can shake the albatross deals on the books.
    The kids are 2-3 yrs away
    The roster is old
    They will no longer outspend their mistakes
    And a number of guys like Hughes, Cano, and Grandy mighty not be back next yr.

It has a chance to be much worse.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    It was definitely a nice at bat but like you said it was one AB. To think one AB points more towards what he's capable of than the previous 3 years of ML ball and 3+ years of Minor League ball is kinda crazy.
    why? his entire skill set was tested. plate coverage, discipline, bat speed, power, and the one skill that has been talked about in this forum more than anything: coming through against elite pitching in the post season. the point is it's just as crazy to take the numbers of a platoon player, spread them out for a year's worth of at bats and say that's what kind of player he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    c'mon slick, I'm not new here. As i mention before it's clear to me that Nunez has the approach and swing to be a capable hitter at the major league level, which Cervelli does not. I know it was only one at bat, but the at bat Nunez had against Verlander last October shows more to me what kind of Major League hitter he can be than the numbers he put up in the at bats he had sprinkled over the last 3 years.
    Harry, ONE at bat?

vCash
    Come on guys.. Nunez could never start at third because of his crap defense and he is a below average major leaguer at best. His numbers are not special and he did not do enough to prove he belongs at a starting position player for the New York Yankees..

I feel like we are just clinging to him since he is the only youngish player who could crack the roster.. and he will.. on the bench.. Seriously, stop blowing him up like he is the next Griffey jr. because of a couple good at bats against Verlander..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-27-2012 at 08:33 AM.

vCash

The Official 2012-2013 New York Yankees Offseason Thread IV

What do you guys think about berkman for our DH spot?, he can also fake it in the outfield and first base if his knees are good. He'll probably run the Yankees 5-8Mill and only for one year. I don't know but I think it would be good since he's a switch hitter and only requires one year deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    The kids are 2-3 yrs away
    The roster is old
    They will no longer outspend their mistakes
    And a number of guys like Hughes, Cano, and Grandy mighty not be back next yr.

It has a chance to be much worse.
    I can accept some bad years if they have a comprehensive plan within the entire organization. 2012 offseason have just been tire patches because as always the good young talent is 2-3 years away.

The plan should have been to let CC walk at the time and let the wheels fall off for a few years. This would have allowed Brian to reshape the 40 man roster with some AA and AAA players filtering in to see who can play and who can not. But when you have CC and Teix you kind of have to cater to their needs for being on the team. And their needs are to be surrounded by good-decent major league talent....Youk an Ichy are examples.....

After 2013 Brian needs to try to trade CC and Teix.....and just let Alex rot at DH....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    After 2013 Brian needs to try to trade CC and Teix.....and just let Alex rot at DH....
    Won't happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan16 View Post
    What do you guys think about berkman for our DH spot?, he can also fake it in the outfield and first base if his knees are good. He'll probably run the Yankees 5-8Mill and only for one year. I don't know but I think it would be good since he's a switch hitter and only requires one year deal...
    Would rather have an OFer who can play the field so the DH can be rotated evenly...Joe did a great job in keeping players fresh with that method.
    Nick

vCash
    A-rod is not having hip surgery till January. Yikes. Won't see him till summer.

vCash
    I'm still on the Michael Morse bandwagon for right field/1B/DH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    He would be a nice pickup. I wonder if we've even kicked the tires on a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Agreed. Could also play LF/RF.

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast