Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For those who keep whining about trading Montero for a young potential ace........imagine we traded Josh Reddick ( who is probably better than montero) for a set up man in Bailey?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    i hate how people criticize cash on a poor job

given the situation and financial restraints what the heck would you have done differently.

the only questionable issue here is the youk signing because he got 12 m he's prob worth 7-8

i mean resigning swish was just not an option, giving martin 3 years is pretty dumb and raul made 500k last year now he's making 3m plus incentives( for a part time DH)

did you want the yanks to resign soriano i would assume not

so tell me how many times can cash pull a rabbit out of the hat to make everyone happy.

Be mad at the ownership for being cheap. and even to that i say **** happens time to move on george is dead.

let's not all forget most of us were hating the raul signing last year now we are pissed off he's not back?
    I would have started by giving Nunez the job at third instead of signing Youkilis. I don't know how no one seems to think Nunez is legit with the bat, it's mind boggling. His defense stinks but I'd like to see Beltre, Phillips, Barney or any of those other guys rotate in between three positions while taking several days on the bench in between and see how comfortable they look. I would have signed Pierzynski. Granted nobody here knows how any negotiations went if there were any but 7.5 isn't tough to outbid, especially when you take away Youkilis's 12. I wouldn't have brought Granderson back either. A lot of people are trashing swisher, but how can you tell me Granderson is not worse. Please don't respond with the fact that he's only on a 1 year deal. That philosophy doesn't make any sense. This is a team full of guys with only 1 year deals and the payroll is just as high as ever and it's set to have a huge turnover next year. I wasn't expecting Cashman to put together a mega team with all the restrictions he has to deal with, but I expected him to put the team in a better way to handle next offseason when he'll have about 8 holes to fill with a strict budget to work with (thanks in large part to this "1 year" mentality). Good luck with that.

vCash
    Until it fails miserably, nobody can say the current course is wrong. The old course got us one ring in 12 years with annual playoff appearances.

This current course probably won't do much worse.

I'm all for the one year deals until we can shake the albatross deals on the books.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Until it fails miserably, nobody can say the current course is wrong. The old course got us one ring in 12 years with annual playoff appearances.

I'm all for the one year deals until we can shake the albatross deals on the books.
    So we only have to endure 4-5 more years of one year deals to 40 year olds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    I would have started by giving Nunez the job at third instead of signing Youkilis. I don't know how no one seems to think Nunez is legit with the bat, it's mind boggling. His defense stinks but I'd like to see Beltre, Phillips, Barney or any of those other guys rotate in between three positions while taking several days on the bench in between and see how comfortable they look. I would have signed Pierzynski. Granted nobody here knows how any negotiations went if there were any but 7.5 isn't tough to outbid, especially when you take away Youkilis's 12. I wouldn't have brought Granderson back either. A lot of people are trashing swisher, but how can you tell me Granderson is not worse. Please don't respond with the fact that he's only on a 1 year deal. That philosophy doesn't make any sense. This is a team full of guys with only 1 year deals and the payroll is just as high as ever and it's set to have a huge turnover next year. I wasn't expecting Cashman to put together a mega team with all the restrictions he has to deal with, but I expected him to put the team in a better way to handle next offseason when he'll have about 8 holes to fill with a strict budget to work with (thanks in large part to this "1 year" mentality). Good luck with that.
    I really wonder what people see in Nunez to love his offense so much. For a SS he seems like he could put up okay numbers but why do people love his offense as much as they do?

Its not like he was hitting .300 or hitting 20 bombs in the minors or anything. He's a career .271/.314/.365 hitter in the minors. In the majors he's a career .272/.318/.384 hitter. He is what he is. An okay, but not great hitting SS that can't field. His bat probably isn't good enough to be average or above average anywhere else on the field. Certainly not DH like some people have suggested.

If the Yankees thought he had a lot more upside with the bat than they've seen they would just live with his defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Oh. That.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Although its better than 8-10 yr deals to guys over 30, no?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash

so after 3 weeks when nunez throws the ball into the stands 5 times in a row will you change your mind and say damn we should have signed a 3rd basemen.

Yanks didn't want an offensive catcher, girardi perfers defense from his catcher. Thats the whole reason jorge didn't even touch catcher his last year.

swisher was not going to sign a one year deal cuz if he was he would have accepted the qualifying 1 year offer. Granderson at his current value is a steal, he's underpaid it's a not brainer to bring him back even if it is just to trade.

Rivera and pettite would only sign one year deals so who cares? they earned the right to dictate how long they want to play.

Yankees will find bargains at the end i'm not worried.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

and then what?

I really wonder what people see in Nunez to love his offense so much. For a SS he seems like he could put up okay numbers but why do people love his offense as much as they do?

Its not like he was hitting .300 or hitting 20 bombs in the minors or anything. He's a career .271/.314/.365 hitter in the minors. In the majors he's a career .272/.318/.384 hitter. He is what he is. An okay, but not great hitting SS that can't field. His bat probably isn't good enough to be average or above average anywhere else on the field. Certainly not DH like some people have suggested.

If the Yankees thought he had a lot more upside with the bat than they've seen they would just live with his defense.
    he may not have put up incredible numbers but his tools are pretty apparent. he's got a good swing to all parts of the field, has some pop, and definitely has speed. I think Nunez could be a Jon Jay type offensive player.

vCash
    and then what?

he may not have put up incredible numbers but his tools are pretty apparent. he's got a good swing to all parts of the field, has some pop, and definitely has speed. I think Nunez could be a Jon Jay type offensive player.
    Lots of guys are toolsy and amount to nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    so after 3 weeks when nunez throws the ball into the stands 5 times in a row will you change your mind and say damn we should have signed a 3rd basemen.

Yanks didn't want an offensive catcher, girardi perfers defense from his catcher. Thats the whole reason jorge didn't even touch catcher his last year.

swisher was not going to sign a one year deal cuz if he was he would have accepted the qualifying 1 year offer. Granderson at his current value is a steal, he's underpaid it's a not brainer to bring him back even if it is just to trade.

Rivera and pettite would only sign one year deals so who cares? they earned the right to dictate how long they want to play.

Yankees will find bargains at the end i'm not worried.
    When the Yankees can't get their payroll under the threshold and still compete will you change your mind and say "damn, I wish they would have integrated some youngers guys where they had the chance to."

apparently they didn't want an offensive anything. And I'd like to think that as a former catcher who had a big helping hand in forming Posada at the MLB level, Girardi can't feel too comfortable about a rookie trying to handle salty veteran after veteran on the pitching staff.

Granderson is a steal? Really?....c'mon really?....Seriously, really? the guy is truly a corner outfielder who does what corner outfielders are supposed to do. 15 million for 200 punchouts a year is a steal? It's worse now because he doesn't even run that much anymore. You could get two years of Josh Willingham or Jason Kubel for 1 million dollars less than one year of Granderson.

I've already stated bringing Kuroda and Pettitte back were the only right things they've done so far. Regardless, that's two more pitchers they have to replace next year (3 including Hughes).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Lots of guys are toolsy and amount to nothing.
    you can say that about any young player ever

vCash
    you can say that about any young player ever
    Why get so excited about Nunez despite no track record suggesting solid success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Why get so excited about Nunez despite no track record suggesting solid success.
    if by excited you mean why do I think he could be a solid bat? I'm not suggesting this guy is Asdrubal Cabrera. Mostly it's because I think it's a risk worth taking and I really don't think it's that big of a risk. I posted earlier about my opinion on achieving a more balanced lineup is to have more balanced hitters. It not necessarily about getting a guy who gets 250 hits, or a guy who hits 60 bombs, or a guy who steals 60 bags. It's about getting a guy who can do some of each. I think Nunez can be that type of player.

vCash
    if by excited you mean why do I think he could be a solid bat? I'm not suggesting this guy is Asdrubal Cabrera. Mostly it's because I think it's a risk worth taking and I really don't think it's that big of a risk. I posted earlier about my opinion on achieving a more balanced lineup is to have more balanced hitters. It not necessarily about getting a guy who gets 250 hits, or a guy who hits 60 bombs, or a guy who steals 60 bags. It's about getting a guy who can do some of each. I think Nunez can be that type of player.
    I like Nunez. But I actually prefer Adams. And I hate Youk being here, despite liking Youk. I just hate the "toolsy" tag. I am not a fan of promotions, signings, etc based on a mans athleticism.

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast