Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I can understand that. But I guess if they made their plans public, it would be foiled.

I'll trust they have a legit plan......they've given me 20 years in a row of insanely good teams......no reason to think that will not continue.
    True but those yrs of insanely good teams was built on the foundation of them using their financial advantage to either swallow mistakes or add pieces to the team to replace players or pick up the slack for guys on the decline.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I think Jeter might reject the player option and retire if thats what he gets to come back to.
    Really? I think no way in hell.. Jeter and the Yankees will come to terms at say 10-12 million (we still save 6-8 mil) and keep going. Jeter is a fierce competitor and he has some gaudy records in his sight, he ain't bowing out over financial pride.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Really? I think no way in hell.. Jeter and the Yankees will come to terms at say 10-12 million (we still save 6-8 mil) and keep going. Jeter is a fierce competitor and he has some gaudy records in his sight, he ain't bowing out over financial pride.
    Jeter played hardball on his last contract. There's no team in baseball that would pay hi what he's getting aside from NY.

vCash
    It'd be a lot easier if there was any inkling of an actual plan. Nothing they have done recently makes me believe they have an actual plan on how to do what they are saying they want to do.
    Wow..

Chill man.. I am pretty confident that the Yankees front office has a solid plan to field an actual full roster in 2014. Breath easy, because even with the budget constraints in 2014 we will STILL be able to sign a few free agents next year (we are losing a ton of salary at the end of 2013).

Honestly you can rest assure the New York Yankees aren't flying blind and have a full plan for not only the nest year or two, but the new decade.

vCash
    Wow..

Chill man.. I am pretty confident that the Yankees front office has a solid plan to field an actual full roster in 2014. Breath easy, because even with the budget constraints in 2014 we will STILL be able to sign a few free agents next year (we are losing a ton of salary at the end of 2013).

Honestly you can rest assure the New York Yankees aren't flying blind and have a full plan for not only the nest year or two, but the new decade.
    In 2014 the Yankees will most likely be without Granderson and Cano. Jeter will more than likely be done at SS. I know people have been saying that for the last 5 years but I truly think he will be done. So they would have to fill those holes and thats assuming Romine pans out or Sanchez is ready. The 2014 freee agency class outside of pitching is horrible. So they better have the answers from within.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Jeter played hardball on his last contract. There's no team in baseball that would pay hi what he's getting aside from NY.
    Disagree

Jeter won't go play for any other team in baseball. And he isn't Arod and won't want to look like a money grubbing douche.

The organization and him will find a comfortable mutual middle ground for 2014.

vCash
    Disagree

Jeter won't go play for any other team in baseball. And he isn't Arod and won't want to look like a money grubbing douche.

The organization and him will find a comfortable mutual middle ground for 2014.
    Then explain his last contract.....

vCash
    Wow..

I'd like to believe this but what have they done to make you think they have a plan? The one move they actually did to attempt to set up for the future blew up in Cashman's face completely (the Pineda trade).

They could have done a million things to make things easier for 2014. They could have talked extensions with Cano two years ago. But because they have rules about no extensions (something only a team with no budget limits would come up with) we are looking at losing Cano for draft picks or signing him until he's 40.

They could have started integrating a couple more farm guys into the team recently but instead they exhaust all veteran options they can before even giving guys shots at bench roles.

They could have been a little proactive and signed Beltran or Cespedes last offseason and traded Swisher for prospects to start building the farm up again.

Despite what it may look like on here, I'll still enjoy the team next year and watch and go to as many games as I usually do. I just think Cashman hasn't done a great job with setting up the team for the next year or two. Despite what everyone says, with a little creativity and the highest payroll in the majors for who knows how long we could have gone through the next couple years without the half hearted rebuilding thing. Some smarter moves and there would be no need to rebuild or knowingly go into the season with huge holes on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    In 2014 the Yankees will most likely be without Granderson and Cano. Jeter will more than likely be done at SS. I know people have been saying that for the last 5 years but I truly think he will be done. So they would have to fill those holes and thats assuming Romine pans out or Sanchez is ready. The 2014 freee agency class outside of pitching is horrible. So they better have the answers from within.

Well I'm gonna disregard your gut feeling on the most iconic YANKEE player of the last 3 decades with an 8 million dollar option.Who hasn't really slowed down with the bat.

And honestly I hope Granderson and Cano and their extreme contractual demands are gone. A guy called Ellsbury will be a free agent next year or we can get Choo and leave Gardner in CF.

As for 2b perhaps Adams can replace Cano as an option at 2b if not.. Zorbist will be a free agent as well as Drew and Peralta (for SS).

So yes there are options.. Worried about Kuroda, Pettite and Hughes? Garza, Haren, Jimenez, Floyd, Lester, Johnson, Halladay, Wainright, Yoon, Linececum, the list goes on..

As I said before. the team is losing a lot of players next season and with that a lot of money they will be FAR under the 189 million dollar budget (still quite a big budget as far as most teams go). With these savings they will sign some players to fill holes. There is also this little thing called trading they can do.

I just don't think the sky is falling in 2014 and they will be in last place fielding the AL version of the Marlins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Then explain his last contract.....
    He wasn't 40

vCash
    I'd like to believe this but what have they done to make you think they have a plan? The one move they actually did to attempt to set up for the future blew up in Cashman's face completely (the Pineda trade).

They could have done a million things to make things easier for 2014. They could have talked extensions with Cano two years ago. But because they have rules about no extensions (something only a team with no budget limits would come up with) we are looking at losing Cano for draft picks or signing him until he's 40.

They could have started integrating a couple more farm guys into the team recently but instead they exhaust all veteran options they can before even giving guys shots at bench roles.

They could have been a little proactive and signed Beltran or Cespedes last offseason and traded Swisher for prospects to start building the farm up again.

Despite what it may look like on here, I'll still enjoy the team next year and watch and go to as many games as I usually do. I just think Cashman hasn't done a great job with setting up the team for the next year or two. Despite what everyone says, with a little creativity and the highest payroll in the majors for who knows how long we could have gone through the next couple years without the half hearted rebuilding thing. Some smarter moves and there would be no need to rebuild or knowingly go into the season with huge holes on the team.
    I agree Cashman isn't my favorite GM and yes using 20/20 hindsight would have been nice to have to know that Cespedes was a gamble worth taking or that Beltran would bounce bat at the rate he did. However, at the time it wasn't worth the risk. And sure they could have resigned Cano instead of waiting, but perhaps there is something there we don't know about his character, he would have wanted a 8-10 year deal 2 years ago as well. Not to mention he hired Boras 2 years ago and once he did that any extension options were not happening.

In the end I think it is naive to think the NY Yankees aren't considering more than 1 year at a time right now. the team always puts a good product on the field, and they will in 2014. They won't just throw their hands in the air and say, were are going to finish last.
    Last edited by Thump; 12-23-2012 at 10:49 PM.

vCash

Well I'm gonna disregard your gut feeling on the most iconic YANKEE player of the last 3 decades with an 8 million dollar option.Who hasn't really slowed down with the bat.

And honestly I hope Granderson and Cano and their extreme contractual demands are gone. A guy called Ellsbury will be a free agent next year or we can get Choo and leave Gardner in CF.

As for 2b perhaps Adams can replace Cano as an option at 2b if not.. Zorbist will be a free agent as well as Drew and Peralta (for SS).

So yes there are options.. Worried about Kuroda, Pettite and Hughes? Garza, Haren, Jimenez, Floyd, Lester, Johnson, Halladay, Wainright, Yoon, Linececum, the list goes on..

As I said before. the team is losing a lot of players next season and with that a lot of money they will be FAR under the 189 million dollar budget (still quite a big budget as far as most teams go). With these savings they will sign some players to fill holes. There is also this little thing called trading they can do.

I just don't think the sky is falling in 2014 and they will be in last place fielding the AL version of the Marlins.
    Sure they're going to sign players but they aren't going to go out there and sign long term big money contracts unless the player is a no brainer.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Sure they're going to sign players but they aren't going to go out there and sign long term big money contracts unless the player is a no brainer.
    Why not? I mean just cause it was the 2013 policy doesn't mean it will be the 2014 policy.

Bottom line is they lose these contracts come off the books..

AJ Burnett - 8.5 Million
    Granderson - 15 Million
    Kurdoa - 15 Million
    Pettite - 12 Million
    Cano - 15 Million
    Jeter - 18 Million
    Youklis - 12million
    Rivera - 10 Million

that is over 100 Million dollars in savings going into the 2014 Free Agent Market.. and even if they gave Jeter 15 Million they still save 90 million, a lot of which can and will be used. And don't forget they gave Ichiro a 2 year deal.

So I see no reason why their stance of making some long term commitments wouldn't change going into next years off season. They will have a ton of holes to fill, payroll coming off and some better options in the market than this off season, especially in pitching.

vCash
    Why not? I mean just cause it was the 2013 policy doesn't mean it will be the 2014 policy.

Bottom line is they lose these contracts come off the books..

AJ Burnett - 8.5 Million
    Granderson - 15 Million
    Kurdoa - 15 Million
    Pettite - 12 Million
    Cano - 15 Million
    Jeter - 18 Million
    Youklis - 12million
    Rivera - 10 Million

that is over 100 Million dollars in savings going into the 2014 Free Agent Market.. and even if they gave Jeter 15 Million they still save 90 million, a lot of which can and will be used. And don't forget they gave Ichiro a 2 year deal.

So I see no reason why their stance of making some long term commitments wouldn't change going into next years off season. They will have a ton of holes to fill, payroll coming off and some better options in the market than this off season, especially in pitching.
    you nailed it with all that money starting in 2014 i expect the Yanks to have a big time starting rotation seeing as how all the other big market teams except Boston and Texas will not be able to spend big

vCash
    As it stands right now the following are our 2014 Salary Obligations:

Bear in mind these are the AAV

- Alex Rodriguez 27.5M
    - Mark Teixeira 22.5M
    - CC Sabathia 24.4M
    - Derek Jeter 14.75M (assuming he picks up his player option)
    - Ichiro Suzuki 6.5M
    - Brett Gardner (last year of arbitration) assume his 2014 salary would be around 4-5M.
    - David Robertson (last year of arbitration) see above
    - Ivan Nova (first year of arbitration)
    - Eduardo Nunez / Francisco Cervelli (1st year of arbitration if they get ML service time this year)

Total comes out to about: 103M in total salary

We would have about 86M to work with. We still need at least one outfielder, probably 2 considering I don't think Ichiro will be all that his 2nd year. We need a DH, a 2B, a C, 3 starting pitchers and probably a bullpen arm or two.

Yeah, some of those slots are HOPEFULLY, filled adequately by prospects but there is no way all of those spots will go to prospects.

We can all salivate at the contracts coming of the books but we need to stay under the 189M mark until the end of the 2014 season, which is when all the payroll/luxury tax/stuff is calculated. It's not like things will be SO much better next off-season, considering we will actually have a strict budget to follow.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast