Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How about finding a guy that isnt a streak hitter. The Yankee line up rxcept for Itchy and Jete flow hot and cold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    You are exactly right. I dont see how some people think that the yankees will be able to keep cano. And quite frankly, if he is looking for 10 years, I dont wan them to sign him. But back to your point, next off season they are looking at possibly losing Pettite, Kuroda, Hughes, Rivera, Cano, and Granderson. Not to mention Jeter and arod. Next year will be a disaster.
    Wait, how are we losing Jeter and ARod?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You make it sound like they finished 15 games back last season. They were one of the better teams in baseball. How much improvement did they need? My only concern is the fact that they've lost some home run power and haven't replaced it. I know you people don't like home runs, which is totally absurd.

Consider this...last season the top 5 teams in steals and sucessful hit and run did NOT make the postseason, nor did the top 2 teams in sac bunts. Yet, 3 of the top 4 teams in home runs made the postseason. Hmmm......
    And this team has won how many world series when leading the league in home runs? What this team needs is players who can hit above .250. And you can preach home runs all you want but how many did they hit off of pitchers like Verlander, Price, etc? You know, the pitchers you actually face in the post season.

vCash
    2014 lineup

Itchy
    Jeter
    Tex
    Arod
    Nunez
    Romine
    Heathcott/Austin/Williams (one of em)
    Adams
    Gardner
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You make it sound like they finished 15 games back last season. They were one of the better teams in baseball. How much improvement did they need? My only concern is the fact that they've lost some home run power and haven't replaced it. I know you people don't like home runs, which is totally absurd.

Consider this...last season the top 5 teams in steals and sucessful hit and run did NOT make the postseason, nor did the top 2 teams in sac bunts. Yet, 3 of the top 4 teams in home runs made the postseason. Hmmm......
    Awesome post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Who knows what to expect from arod after another hip surgery. And does Jeter have another year left after this upcoming year? I honestly do not know the answer to that question. But he himself is coming off a major injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Well Jeter does have that player option so who knows whats gonna happen with that. Everyone keeps saying theres no way he will accept an $8M option but how high is the team actually gonna go on a strict budget? Obviously its most likely he'll be back one way or another though. Whether he can still play SS at his age coming off major surgery is probably another question.

And A-Rod's corpse will obviously be here. We just probably will need a 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    And this team has won how many world series when leading the league in home runs? What this team needs is players who can hit above .250. And you can preach home runs all you want but how many did they hit off of pitchers like Verlander, Price, etc? You know, the pitchers you actually face in the post season.
    They won in 2009. Which is more than the vast majority of teams in baseball.

vCash
    Maybe we can trade for swisher next year. He walks a lot and seems like a cool guy.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    2014 lineup

Itchy
    Jeter
    Tex
    Arod
    Nunez
    Romine
    Adams
    Gardner
    I think Jeter might reject the player option and retire if thats what he gets to come back to.

vCash
    Maybe we can trade for swisher next year. He walks a lot and seems like a cool guy.
    If all it takes is a Wilson Betemit type I'd do it. It'd still be a steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    If all it takes is a Wilson Betemit type I'd do it. It'd still be a steal.
    A 32 yr old average player on a five year deal for $70 mil is not what our roster needs at the moment.

We can all suck it up for a year or two while they attempt their plan to get younger by 2014/15.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    A 32 yr old average player on a five year deal for $70 mil is not what our roster needs at the moment.

We can all suck it up for a year or two while they attempt their plan to get younger by 2014/15.
    It'd be a lot easier if there was any inkling of an actual plan. Nothing they have done recently makes me believe they have an actual plan on how to do what they are saying they want to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    It'd be a lot easier if there was any inkling of an actual plan. Nothing they have done recently makes me believe they have an actual plan on how to do what they are saying they want to do.
    I can understand that. But I guess if they made their plans public, it would be foiled.

I'll trust they have a legit plan......they've given me 20 years in a row of insanely good teams......no reason to think that will not continue.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    2014 lineup

Itchy
    Jeter
    Tex
    Arod
    Nunez
    Romine
    Adams
    Gardner
    If that's the 14 line-up welcome to 3rd or 4th place. I'm not a heavy drinker but that line-up would push me over the edge lol.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast