Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hughes got a decent amount more than he was projected to get. He got $7.15M and was projected for something closer to 5M I think.

Should have just signed him to an extension.

vCash
    FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal report that the Mariners are close to acquiring Michael Morse.
    The Washington Post's Adam Kilgore says it's a three-team deal that will send A.J. Cole to the Nats and John Jaso to the A's. Morse, who is under contract for $6.75 million in 2013 before hitting free agency, became expendable after the Nats traded for Denard Span and re-signed Adam LaRoche. The 30-year-old has batted .297/.343/.515 with 49 homers over the last two years for Washington. He'll slide into a corner outfield spot.

Buh Bye

vCash
    George Kottaras designated for assignment by the A's following the acquisition of John Jaso

.351 OBP
    .415 SLG
    .766 OPS

He's a left handed catcher to come in and compete with Cervelli, Romine, and Stewart.

Hit 9 homeruns last year and came into the majors through the Sox Minor league system

vCash
    would hughes net us a draft pick if he has a good year?
    i'm assuming d rob would
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Damm M's got Morse on the cheap..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    George Kottaras designated for assignment by the A's following the acquisition of John Jaso

.351 OBP
    .415 SLG
    .766 OPS

He's a left handed catcher to come in and compete with Cervelli, Romine, and Stewart.

Hit 9 homeruns last year and came into the majors through the Sox Minor league system
    Do it
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    This is why I can't stand these MLB Insiders. Heyman says....Yanks in on Morse. Will engage in talks once Laroche passes physical. Then, nothing.

It's all crap and we, as fans, fall for it.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    This is why I can't stand these MLB Insiders. Heyman says....Yanks in on Morse. Will engage in talks once Laroche passes physical. Then, nothing.

Completely agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

Just to be completely honest, I didn't fall for it and usually never fall for the media reporters and insiders. If its on espn, I'll believe it.

It's fun to speculate, sure. But everyone we've been "linked" to hasn't panned out or, as a matter of fact, even been close. I'm sure the Yankees were talking to everyone but they haven't engaged anything past pure questioning of availability. Guaranteed Cashman called the Nats and asked if Morse was available, but that's it.

Let's just all watch for the stuff on espn from now on lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Just to be completely honest, I didn't fall for it and usually never fall for the media reporters and insiders. If its on espn, I'll believe it.

It's fun to speculate, sure. But everyone we've been "linked" to hasn't panned out or, as a matter of fact, even been close. I'm sure the Yankees were talking to everyone but they haven't engaged anything past pure questioning of availability. Guaranteed Cashman called the Nats and asked if Morse was available, but that's it.

Let's just all watch for the stuff on espn from now on lol
    You do realize espn is like the tmz of sports and they are also wrong as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You do realize espn is like the tmz of sports and they are also wrong as well?
    Are they now? I'm not talking the crappy espn reporters like Bucher and Hollinger (basketball I suppose) but more like the Ichiro trade last year. It was on espn, so obviously real. Speculation that we're in on Morse or Upton from MLBTR just doesn't do it for me.

vCash
    Sign Jesse Barfield!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Sources: Yankees eye Michael Morse

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8825660/new-york-yankees-interested-washington-nationals-michael-morse-sources-say

vCash
    Slickified!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    I disagree that the Nationals traded him away cheaply. It cost 2 pitching prospects for him, one of whom the Nationals had reluctantly traded to the A's last year for Gio Gonzalez, that they wanted to reacquire. They had a surplus position player, who was not going to play much and who was going to be a free agent next year.

I doubt that the Yankees would have traded Banuelos and another pitching prospect for him and especially without signing him to a multi-year contract at a reasonable salary first.

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast