Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Yes, but it was equally obvious that the pitching staff after CC was being patched together with 1 year of Pettitte, 1 year of Kuroda, and a bunch of question marks. It was also not obvious that Montero would have solved any of the offensive problems.
    The fact that the rotation is still being patched together after him taking control in 05 is a problem. At this point they were suppose to have developed an ace already.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Exactly, TallicaFan. It's harder to find good young pitching than good young hitting. And we all know pitching wins championships. Our offense is always good. It was great last year, we just couldn't keep it up when it mattered. Thankfully, pitching stepped up late. We need both to click all year this coming season.
    The offense wasn't great last yr. They had issues all season long.

Their farm was suppose to produce those young pitchers and we're still waiting for that to happen.

I think the offense might be worse this season.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post

Their farm was suppose to produce those young pitchers and we're still waiting for that to happen.

Not IF, and I stress IF, Granderson and Tex get back to hitting for average instead of power all the time.

vCash
    The Yankees have claimed Russ Canzler off of waivers from the Indians, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports (on Twitter). This marks the third time this winter that the first baseman/designated hitter has been claimed. The Blue Jays claimed him on December 21st before Cleveland claimed him back on January 2nd.

Canzler will provide the Yankees with another right-handed bat, assuming he remains on New York's roster. The 26-year-old appeared in 26 games for the Indians this past season. He posted a .269/.299/.398 batting line in 97 MLB plate appearances while playing first base and left field. He spent most of the season at Triple-A, where he posted a .265/.328/.487 batting line with 22 home runs and 36 doubles in 539 plate appearances.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#VSJOmCEZiGD1lR7q.99
    Better than Upton!

vCash
    The fact that the rotation is still being patched together after him taking control in 05 is a problem. At this point they were suppose to have developed an ace already.
    That has nothing to do with the Montero trade.

vCash

The offense was ranked #2 out of 30 MLB teams (only 4 runs fewer than #1 Texas). It was pretty great.

vCash
    The offense was ranked #2 out of 30 MLB teams (only 4 runs fewer than #1 Texas). It was pretty great.
    Thanks for pointing that out slick, I was like, there's no way we were bad offensively last year haha. This guy's crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Better than Upton!
    Guy is from 15 minutes away from my house. Hope to see him get a chance.

vCash
    That has nothing to do with the Montero trade.
    Actually it does. They traded Montero because they couldn't sign or develop a number 2 pitcher.

It was not a great last yr. It's a bully pile on offense.

Not IF, and I stress IF, Granderson and Tex get back to hitting for average instead of power all the time.
    I can see Grandy doing it but Tex is on the decline and pull happy so the odds are against him.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out slick, I was like, there's no way we were bad offensively last year haha. This guy's crazy.
    Did I say it was bad or that it wasn't great? The offense last yr was frustrating to watch. We all watched the games last season. They were an all or nothing offense.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Better than Upton!

So basically we traded Swisher to the Indians for Russ Canzler.

This is our righthanded hitter? Nice.......
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    How would Travis Hafner fare hitting at Yankee Stadium for 81 potential games?
    Nick

vCash
    Actually it does. They traded Montero because they couldn't sign or develop a number 2 pitcher.
    Do Wang and Kennedy count as developed #2 starters?

Do Pettitte and Kuroda count as signed #2 starters?

It was not a great last yr. It's a bully pile on offense.
    I have no idea what this means. Whatever it means, it's not supported by the fact that they won more games than any other AL team and finished 2nd in MLB in runs scored.

vCash
    To make room for Russ Canzler on the 40-man roster, the Yankees have designated Chris Dickerson for assignment.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How would Travis Hafner fare hitting at Yankee Stadium for 81 potential games?
    Maybe OK if he could manage to stay off the DL. I can't see us signing another lefty though, especially one who can't really play the field.

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast