Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I'm saying for DH just like in the playoffs...
    I hope he does get some time. But I do think we have a bunch of aging vets, some will be coming off injury. I do not see a fulltime DH, but more of a revolving door. And if Nunez gets into 3 games a week at SS, DH, & 3rd, good. I am intrigued and he has some tools. But thus far, for all the tools he has, they haven't really amounted to much production.

vCash
    As of right now the only thing Cashman has done right was resigning Pettitte and Kuroda. The rest have basically been patches on a tire of a broken down jalopy.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-25-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I'm saying for DH just like in the playoffs...
    Oh, sorry for the misinterpretation. Still think he's way too light of a hitter for DH though it would be the short end of a DH platoon so I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world to squeeze him in there every once in a while to get some swings in. Just not all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    As of right now the only thing Cashman has done right was resigning Pettitte and Kuroda. The rest have basically been patches on a tire of a broken down jalopy.
    i hate how people criticize cash on a poor job

given the situation and financial restraints what the heck would you have done differently.

the only questionable issue here is the youk signing because he got 12 m he's prob worth 7-8

i mean resigning swish was just not an option, giving martin 3 years is pretty dumb and raul made 500k last year now he's making 3m plus incentives( for a part time DH)

did you want the yanks to resign soriano i would assume not

so tell me how many times can cash pull a rabbit out of the hat to make everyone happy.

Be mad at the ownership for being cheap. and even to that i say **** happens time to move on george is dead.

let's not all forget most of us were hating the raul signing last year now we are pissed off he's not back?
    Last edited by carnage101; 12-25-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Casdhman is the best and itks us that don't know what we're talkning about. Ichiro/Dickey 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    i hate how people criticize cash on a poor job

given the situation and financial restraints what the heck would you have done differently.

the only questionable issue here is the youk signing because he got 12 m he's prob worth 7-8

i mean resigning swish was just not an option, giving martin 3 years is pretty dumb and raul made 500k last year now he's making 3m plus incentives( for a part time DH)

did you want the yanks to resign soriano i would assume not

so tell me how many times can cash pull a rabbit out of the hat to make everyone happy.

Be mad at the ownership for being cheap. and even to that i say **** happens time to move on george is dead.

let's not all forget most of us were hating the raul signing last year now we are pissed off he's not back?
    Cashman didn't just find out about the budget this offseason. He knew what was coming and could have done plenty to put them in a better position.

As for this offseason, how about signing Melky for a couple million more than they signed Ichiro? Maybe Melky completely falls off the face of the earth without the roids like people keep saying, but chances are he will be a better player than Ichiro over the next two years. Steroids probably had something to do with his success the last couple years but it wasn't all of it.

vCash
    DULUTH, Ga. -- Former Atlanta Braves star center fielder Andruw Jones was free on bond after being arrested in suburban Atlanta early Tuesday on a battery charge, according to jail records.

Around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, police responded to a call for a domestic dispute between Jones and his wife in Duluth.

Gwinnett County Detention Center records say Jones was booked into the jail around 3:45 a.m. and had been released on $2,400 bond by 11 a.m.

Once one of the premier players in the big leagues, Jones broke into the majors with the Braves in 1996 and won 10 consecutive Gold Gloves from 1998-07 as their center fielder. He has 434 career home runs over the span of 17 seasons in the majors.

Jones spent last season with the New York Yankees, hitting .197 with 14 homers and 34 RBIs in what was primarily a reserve role.

Jones earlier this month signed a $3.5 million, one-year contract with the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles of Japan's Pacific League.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

RECOMMEND8TWEET25COMMENTS0EMAILPRINTSUBSCRIBE
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Cashman didn't just find out about the budget this offseason. He knew what was coming and could have done plenty to put them in a better position.

As for this offseason, how about signing Melky for a couple million more than they signed Ichiro? Maybe Melky completely falls off the face of the earth without the roids like people keep saying, but chances are he will be a better player than Ichiro over the next two years. Steroids probably had something to do with his success the last couple years but it wasn't all of it.
    Not sure the BlueJays would allow that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post

the yanks split melky and cano for a reason.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    The Yankees are being slow and deliberate and sometimes it costs them, whenever another team swoops in and offers a player more money than they wish to spend. However, I'm not saying it is wrong to be slow and deliberate.

When Ichiro was signed, the Yankees were forced to cut a prospect from their 40 man roster the same day to make room for him. Had they signed Ibanez, they would have had to cut another. Since they were also entertaining talks for trading Granderson, which would hopefully net at least 2 prospects, it was in their best interests to wait as long as possible to lose as few players / trading chips as possible.

vCash
    I think one more move for the RH outfield bat and Cash is done this offseason. Uneventful for us spoiled fans, but let's just hope next year will bring better spoils.

vCash
    I still haven't figured out why they dont like Cervy? They can get Diaz or Francouer for a ham sandwich. The only problem I see is moving Grandeeson or Cano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy51 View Post
    I still haven't figured out why they dont like Cervy? They can get Diaz or Francouer for a ham sandwich. The only problem I see is moving Grandeeson or Cano.
    Because he's not a good catcher

vCash
    Yanks just signed Diaz

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    matt diaz agrees to terms with yankees
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    Diaz gets an invite to big-league camp on minor-league deal. fits nyy as righty hitter. 1st reported by @FeinsandNYDN
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast