Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    it wasnt about the anual salary bu the years, he might get the security of a 4 year deal
    He will get 3 max and it will happen in late January.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Any word if Cashman's righthanded power bat is Soriano?

Who do they trade with Theo paying 75%?
    He's making 18 million per for the next 2 seasons. I suspect we're looking for a 1 year deal here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    He's making 18 million per for the next 2 seasons. I suspect we're looking for a 1 year deal here.
    But I think $10 million would be all the Yanks would owe if they did trade for Soriano.

And if they did trade for him would his average salary($18 million) be added to the Yanks total?
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    But I think $10 million would be all the Yanks would owe if they did trade for Soriano.

And if they did trade for him would his average salary($18 million) be added to the Yanks total?

Even at 5 million we're still paying 11 million per season to fill RF. How is that really much of a savings?

And I believe only the portion we pay counts towards AAV. The same reason why we can't eat all of ARod's salary and just dump him to help towards cap relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Even at 5 million we're still paying 11 million per season to fill RF. How is that really much of a savings?

And I believe only the portion we pay counts towards AAV. The same reason why we can't eat all of ARod's salary and just dump him to help towards cap relief.

Understand, obviously he is not coming unless Hal approves any more $ and that is not happening...
    Nick

vCash
    Theo likes Betances.

Trade him for Soriano.

Cubs pay all but $5 mill.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Theo likes Betances.

Trade him for Soriano.

Cubs pay all but $5 mill.
    That is a fair trade to help the lineup get some power from the right side.
    Nick

vCash
    Via Dan Martin: The Yankees have rejected a request for Robinson Cano to play in the Dominican Winter League playoffs. The more big league service time a player has, the more control their team has over their winter ball usage. Robbie is well beyond the point where the Yankees can prevent him from playing.

Cano, 30, is going to be counted on quite a bit offensively next season given the expected production hit the team will take in right field and behind the plate. Robbie has also played in at least 159 games in six straight years, the third most in MLB, so the extra rest and decreased wear-and-tear won’t be a bad thing. I have no problem with the team holding him out of winter ball to reduce the risk of injury (among other things) prior to 2013. It’s not like he’s a young prospect in need of extra reps.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/12/yan...er-ball-80837/

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    what about the wbc?

vCash
    Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News speculates that Matt Diaz could be a potential fit for the Yankees.

The Yankees are targeting a right-handed outfielder to platoon with Ichiro Suzuki, and could have an interest in Diaz, who has a career .324/.364/.498 batting line against left-handed pitching. After being limited to 51 games in 2012, Diaz claims to be completely recovered from August thumb surgery. He seems likely to settle for a one-year deal this offseason.
    Rotoworld

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Why the f is no one talking about nunez as the righty bat? Im sorry, he can absolutely mash and run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Why the f is no one talking about nunez as the righty bat? Im sorry, he can absolutely mash and run.
    Because he's not an outfielder nor does he have the bat or experience to claim to be one.

From his very limited appearances in the outfield, he had extreme difficulties tracking the ball and just looked very awkward overall.
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 12-25-2012 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Because he really can't mash. He's a below average hitter. And certainly not one that crushes LHed pitching. And I think they want an OFer to give the lefthanded OF we've built days off vs. tough lefties.

vCash
    Willingham is the answer.

He's not perfect by any means but he represents what this current roster lacks (right handed outfielder with power) and has an affordable salary ($7 million in 2013 and in 2014). And I'd bet he wouldn't require an Upton-like haul of prospects to obtain which is extremely important when considering most of our elite talent are at the lower levels and therefore have limited value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    Because he's not an outfielder nor does he have the bat or experience to claim to be one.

From his very limited appearances in the outfield, he had extreme difficulties tracking the ball and just looked very awkward overall.
    I'm saying for DH just like in the playoffs...

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast