Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    It's only DECEMBER!!!!!!!!
    So whats your point? That they are waiting until February to pounce on a good DH???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Healthy, this team is crap.

C Cervelli 1B Teixeira 2B Cano SS Jeter 3B Youkilis DH A-Rod LF Gardner CF Granderson RF Ichiro

The Yankees will just rotate craps in the DH spot until A-Rod comes back. Book it. To see this team is over $200 million payroll is pathetic. So many overpaid guys.

Nothing exciting about the pitching either... CC, Kuroda, Hughes, Nova, Pettitte with a returning Pineda.

They've let go of Martin, Ibanez, Jones, Chavez, Swisher and probably Soriano. Good. But they haven't replaced anyone, which is a huge issue. These owners suck.

Hopefully they continue course next year letting go of Granderson, Hughes, Youkilis and letting Rivera & Pettitte retire. Cano better not get a big deal either for like 8 years at age 30.

This season is already in the toilet before it started.

That's totally ridiculous!!!!

Toronto will be dominant.

Toronto will be lucky to finish 3rd.....if not lucky....forget them.

The Rays are always tough.

Rays are minus Shields and have less offense than they had last season.

Baltimore was great last year.

Last year has NOTHING to do with the coming season.

And then you have the Red Sox who could come back after Dempster, Napoli, Victorino and Harandan were acquired.
    Yeah....COULD.....or NOT!!!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Yankees Baseball Tonight has a new edition to it which makes each speaker "Be the GM"

Jack Curry made a trade with the Cleveland Indians to land Asdrubal Cabrera

Yankees acquire SS Asdrubal Cabrera & Indians acquire Nunez, Nova, Phelps

1. ichiro Suzuki RF
    2. Derek Jeter DH
    3. Asdrubal Cabrera SS
    4. Robinson Cano 2B
    5. Mark Teixeira 1B
    6. Curtis Granderson RF
    7. Kevin Youkilis 3B
    8. Brett Gardner LF
    9. Austin Romine C

His rationale, the Indians make up 2/5 th of their rotation and get a SS replacement while the Yankees get Cabrera who fills in at Short for Jeter.

I would totally welcome something like this.

Fantasy baseball.....don't you just love it..........
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    I want anybody who thinks this team has improved to explain it to me. Please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Yes! You moron! Enjoy being 70-92 every year!
    If you don't like him, why do you care where he plays or how much he's being paid? Doesn't make sense.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I don't think we have. But I also don't think we're in horrible trouble. We've lost some offense from Swisher and Martin. And we have some question marks due to guys coming off injuries and just general aging. But we still have 2 guys who have been MVP candidates in Granderson and Cano. And we still have Teixeira, Jeter, Ichiro. And our pitching staff is solid, though not as deep as i like. But there's still time to make a trade or sign some depth. Just because we didn't overspend on some of these FAs doesn't mean we're doomed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber583 View Post
    Fans that want a winning team are not spoiled.
    And when was the last time the Yankees haven't had a winning team.....AND THAT DOESN'T MEAN CHAMPIONSIP....it means WINNING
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I don't think we have. But I also don't think we're in horrible trouble. We've lost some offense from Swisher and Martin. And we have some question marks due to guys coming off injuries and just general aging. But we still have 2 guys who have been MVP candidates in Granderson and Cano. And we still have Teixeira, Jeter, Ichiro. And our pitching staff is solid, though not as deep as i like. But there's still time to make a trade or sign some depth. Just because we didn't overspend on some of these FAs doesn't mean we're doomed.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I didnt really want Cash to go out and sign a Hamilton or Greinke but I also didnt want him to do nothing (outside of Pettite and Mo). But the flaws this team had were pretty obvious all of last post season and nothing was done to fix them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Plus they need a righthanded bat.

Then why were you so concerned about Ibanez? Does he bat from the right side?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I don't think we're doomed next year. I think the chances of missing the playoffs are almost as good as their chances of making it though which is certainly something different.

As bad as this offseason has felt I think next offseason is going to be 10x worse. The Yankees didn't like the prices this year in FA, how do they expect it to be when the team has to fill out a majority of its roster under an actual strict (self-imposed) budget. The team would probably be lucky to fill a couple important spots from the farm system.

vCash
    So whats your point? That they are waiting until February to pounce on a good DH???
    My POINT is, it's only DECEMBER. There will be zero games until MARCH. There's still plenty of time for things to happen. Let's make believe they know more about what they're doing than anyone on this board.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I don't think we're doomed next year. I think the chances of missing the playoffs are almost as good as their chances of making it though which is certainly something different.

As bad as this offseason has felt I think next offseason is going to be 10x worse. The Yankees didn't like the prices this year in FA, how do they expect it to be when the team has to fill out a majority of its roster under an actual strict (self-imposed) budget. The team would probably be lucky to fill a couple important spots from the farm system.
    You are exactly right. I dont see how some people think that the yankees will be able to keep cano. And quite frankly, if he is looking for 10 years, I dont wan them to sign him. But back to your point, next off season they are looking at possibly losing Pettite, Kuroda, Hughes, Rivera, Cano, and Granderson. Not to mention Jeter and arod. Next year will be a disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    My POINT is, it's only DECEMBER. There will be zero games until MARCH. There's still plenty of time for things to happen. Let's make believe they know more about what they're doing than anyone on this board.
    And what points to that...

vCash
    You are exactly right. I dont see how some people think that the yankees will be able to keep cano. And quite frankly, if he is looking for 10 years, I dont wan them to sign him. But back to your point, next off season they are looking at possibly losing Pettite, Kuroda, Hughes, Rivera, Cano, and Granderson. Not to mention Jeter and arod. Next year will be a disaster.
    Yup. And thats on the team for not planning ahead for when this actually happened. There have been plenty of moves (and non-moves) they could have done to put them in a better position for 2014.

I've probably said it a million times already but you really have to wonder who in the Yankees FO thinks going into 2014 with as many holes as they do is a good idea.

vCash
    You make it sound like they finished 15 games back last season. They were one of the better teams in baseball. How much improvement did they need? My only concern is the fact that they've lost some home run power and haven't replaced it. I know you people don't like home runs, which is totally absurd.

Consider this...last season the top 5 teams in steals and sucessful hit and run did NOT make the postseason, nor did the top 2 teams in sac bunts. Yet, 3 of the top 4 teams in home runs made the postseason. Hmmm......
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast