Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

dickey's knuckleball in slow-mo

this can be deleted if not thread-worthy.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/watchi...-it-is-to-hit/

this is nasty - makes me even more excited.

vCash
    That look on the batters face lol.. also the catcher blinks before catching it. Nasty!

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    REpost:

Holy crap...as a hitter...how to you even process that?
    In the last frame...The hitters face is gold...you know he's thinking...WTF was that!?

Dam...look at the catchers glove. OMG.
    The catcher head turned away as if it was going to hit him.

Complete gold.

Dickey's ours!
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    What you have to know about RA's knuckler is that usually, batters have all the time in the world to try to adjust to it. But RA throws it 80 MPH, must faster than the traditional knucklers. That means batters have to deal with the erratic nature of the pitch with little to no time to react to it.

You're gonna love him.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    WOW... At 80 mph that has to be impossible to even get a read on, let alone try and hit! I'm thinking most batters just guess, close their eyes and swing and see what happens.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Does Dicey throw the KB all the time? Does he have any other pitches?

Just staying if he did...that would really mess a hitter up in the bottom of the 9th...full count in the WS...and Dicey throws a curve ball. 8-)
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Does Dicey throw the KB all the time? Does he have any other pitches?

Just staying if he did...that would really mess a hitter up in the bottom of the 9th...full count in the WS...and Dicey throws a curve ball. 8-)
    Knuckler 84% of the time (he has a hard knuckler in the high 70s and a soft one in the high 60s), fastball 15% of the time (low-mid 80s), and a curveball 1% of the time (54-65mph).

vCash
    Nice find.

Love the comment below the article:

Glad I'm not the one who has to wash Nickeas's underwear after he catches Dickey.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Knuckler 84% of the time (he has a hard knuckler in the high 70s and a soft one in the high 60s), fastball 15% of the time (low-mid 80s), and a curveball 1% of the time (54-65mph).
    I heard he has a change up now too.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    LOL is that Thole behind the plate? Whoever the catcher is, he's lucky to have gotten a glove on that ball, considering his eyes are closed from flinching so hard. That pitch honestly looks inhuman. Like seriously, when we throw things they just don't do that unless you're magic or in outer space. Love the WTF look on the batter's face, gonna show this link to some of my buddies who don't really understand who RA Dickey is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I heard he has a change up now too.
    I was taking those pitch designations from PitchFX- I wouldn't be surprised if the curve I listed is actually a changeup that got misclassified by the system. Any changeup you throw that slow is bound to have the bottom fall out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    LOL is that Thole behind the plate? Whoever the catcher is, he's lucky to have gotten a glove on that ball, considering his eyes are closed from flinching so hard. That pitch honestly looks inhuman. Like seriously, when we throw things they just don't do that unless you're magic or in outer space. Love the WTF look on the batter's face, gonna show this link to some of my buddies who don't really understand who RA Dickey is.
    It's Nickea I believe. Straight up nasty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I think you're right, I should of read the whole thread. I've never thought of this until now, but it must be much more difficult for home plate umpires to call knuckleballers. If the batter, catcher and pitcher for that matter are having trouble tracking it, it can't be much easier for the umps to do the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    I think you're right, I should of read the whole thread. I've never thought of this until now, but it must be much more difficult for home plate umpires to call knuckleballers. If the batter, catcher and pitcher for that matter are having trouble tracking it, it can't be much easier for the umps to do the same.
    I remember hearing before that it's very tough for umps to call. Can't say I've seen enough knuckleballers over the years to give an honest opinion. Also...this-

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-a-changeup#FG

Dickeys changeup is pretty nasty as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Nickeas is correct. The bad news is both he and Thole suck.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast