Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Santonio Holmes misunderstood?

I was just thinking about this whole fiasco that has taken place over the last two years, and I think it's possible Santonio Holmes isn't the evil cancer we were all lead to believe he is. Is it possible Santonio, coming off a tour of duty with a great organization like the Steelers, simply wasn't happy with this inferior organization? Maybe he didn't want to drink the Kool-Aid the Jets organization was force feeding everyone else. The dude is a super bowl MVP and a winner, and maybe it was eating at him watching the Jets transform from an 11-5 AFC championship team to an 8-8 team with a horrible gimmick offense. Maybe Santonio Holmes resisted the direction the Jets organization was going and in turn was painted in a horrible light... There is no question the guy is/was disgruntled, but maybe he had a reason to be.

What do you guys think??
    Last edited by CrAzEDJeT; 12-21-2012 at 05:22 PM.

"Let's be clear. Coples is not only the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the 2012 draft he's also the most talented senior prospect, regardless of position. "CBS Sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzEDJeT View Post
    I was just thinking about this whole fiasco that has taken place over the last two years, and I think it's possible Santonio Holmes isn't the evil cancer we were all lead to believe he is. Is it possible Santonio, coming off a tour of duty with a great organization like the Steelers, simply wasn't happy with this inferior organization? Maybe he didn't want to drink the Kool-Aid the Jets organization was force feeding everyone else. The dude is a super bowl MVP and a winner, and maybe it was eating at him watching the Jets transform from an 11-5 AFC championship team to an 8-8 team with a horrible gimmick offense. Maybe Santonio Holmes resisted the direction the Jets organization was going and in turn was painted in a horrible light...

What do you guys think??
    I think the only reason the Steelers practically gave him away to the Jets was that he was pulling the same crap in Pittsburgh.

Sorry dude, but unless you're Santonio's mama, I don't know how you could believe what you're posting.

At least make a thread suggesting that he can change rather than deny his past. Then there could at least be a debate.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I simply think this organization is a joke. If I was Santonio Holmes I wouldn't submit to the BS that this organization pumps out, and in turn I would be disgruntled. I'm not making excuses for Santonio just looking at things from a different perspective.

"Let's be clear. Coples is not only the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the 2012 draft he's also the most talented senior prospect, regardless of position. "CBS Sports

vCash
    But he was disgruntled in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if he's ever actually been gruntled.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    He was pushed out of Pittsburgh because of his substance abuse issues.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    But he was disgruntled in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if he's ever actually been gruntled.
    I love the use of the word gruntled. It is weird that we almost never use it and the antonym is used quite regularly.

vCash
    Well, I don't think he's super awful. He's not on TO level of cancer with the Eagles bad that's for sure. At the same time, he's also not that good so what does that matter. Holmes is a cancer. He had those kind of traits in Pittsburgh, which is why he was traded here... and he hasn't changed. You say he was disgruntled because of the fall from 11-5 to 8-8 but the difference was he was even causing problems with the team in our AFC Championship year. He was immediately asking for the the team to fire Schotty. That's not his place.

Holmes isn't a good teammate.

vCash
    Who cares the whole team sucks he is just the one player to take the blame, if it wasn't for Holmes game winning catch and runs we would've never made the playoffs those years anyway
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Every team has a "diva" or "cancer" type player. And I'm not saying every team has a T.O. But what everyone needs to understand is the words "cancer player" has a very broad definition. Santonio Holmes is not the only cancer on this team, in there own way Tim Tebow, Bart Scott and Rex Ryan can all be considered cancers. Why? Because all of there actions and or words have been hurting the team.

Bart Scott with his BS media blackout

Rex Ryan with all his talk and bravado

Time Tebow with every damn footstep he makes

See where I'm going here? Holmes is not the bad guy we make him out to be. He hasn't gotten into legal trouble or anything since being a jet. But we label him as a cancer, how clever we are in NY!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Not a chance.

vCash
    Bart Scott is just a passionate guy. He is mad at himself that his skills are fading, and at the team for the way they are playing. He isnt a problem in the locker room.

vCash
    Holmes was traded more due to his comments of demanding a big payday which is never a well-received comment in Pittsburgh.
    It nearly bit them in the *** if the Jets had beaten them again in the championship game after prevailing weeks earlier. Luckily, they prevailed and didn't get deserved egg all over their faces. It was stupid of them to trade such a talent to a team that had recently reached the championship game.

vCash
    i don't understand why everyone says Holmes is such a "cancer" to the team. His first year here he wasn't. He had one issue at the end of last season, which i don't blame him for being upset when the offense sucked and it's wayne "turnstile" hunter giving you ****. I think it was Plaxico was the main poison in the locker room that caused a divide. I've seen Santonio supporting this team since he's been out, he even travelled with the team to Tennessee. i think as long as he gets his touches, he'll be fine.
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    Now that I look at in this perspective - My QB sucks, why should I try? he is a cancer, but I agree with the little **** on that one. Sanchez *****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Well, I don't think he's super awful. He's not on TO level of cancer with the Eagles bad that's for sure. At the same time, he's also not that good so what does that matter. Holmes is a cancer. He had those kind of traits in Pittsburgh, which is why he was traded here... and he hasn't changed. You say he was disgruntled because of the fall from 11-5 to 8-8 but the difference was he was even causing problems with the team in our AFC Championship year. He was immediately asking for the the team to fire Schotty. That's not his place.

Holmes isn't a good teammate.
    The difference is that TO was actually good
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast