Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    The article clearly states that we get game manager, Alex Smith, while we rebuild the team, AND look to acquire our true franchise QB - what I call "the great QB," that a team needs to be a perennial contender - AND VICK IS NEITHER OF THOSE!

Here's his quote, "That man is Alex Smith. He would be a great temporary fix in N.Y. as they wait to pick and groom their future franchise quarterback."

Even us Jet Homers know we're nowhere near an AFC Championship. We can be competitive with a guy like Smith - IF - we start building an explosive offense - all the while looking for that "great QB," and when we find him - the team will be in place for him to make us a perennial powerhouse.

We need to build through the draft, and be willing to cut average players that have been on the team awhile, rather than give them their next contract. It is so clear, that to be more than a "one and done" playoff team - and wait another several years to become a "one and done" playoff team, we need a "great QB," with a high powered offense, strong pass rush and as strong a defense as we can develop without sacrificing our high powered offense - and we can't have a high powered offense without having a "great QB!" It won't happen overnight - but it can happen - just not with this GM/HC/OC? current QBs, RBs, WRs.

GO JETS!!!

GO JETS!!!
    Build through the draft? You know our core group is getting on in years. I think only a few key moves are needed and believe it can happen overnight. I don't think they're that far.
    The team needs to build up the running game a bit and get a game managing QB and they'll be fine. Don't forget the matchup nightmare we give pass-heavy teams when Revis returns. A little more team speed on defense will help a ton at LB. We can't afford to keep Pace, Scott and Eric Smith out there taking poor angles or just being 2 steps slow.
    It's hard for a team to endure 50 turnovers from one position. Minimize that and you'll see an immediate change.

As for Alex Smith, I recall his performance in New York - he makes all the throws, uses his TE's and backs and throws to the open guy - he checks down and moves the chains and doesn't turn it over. I think he IS our guy and can play another 8 years. And I don't buy into this personna needed for NY. If he wins, he'll be accepted just fine. Heck, Eli is a prectically an introvert. Thats' an overrated trait IMO.

As for the article, it was weak and had no points worth discussion IMO. Very Poor.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-25-2012 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    Again how do you expect any qb be successful with that terrible coaching offensively and below average talent at best. Edwards powell and green kerly your playmakers?only qb's like peyton brees and rodgers can deem them serviceable. There arent many qbs that can.

vCash
    The Jets aren't as bad as it may seem to some. We have some holes but so do most teams. Alex Smith is exactly who we need at QB for those who want Vick don't get it. Not saying that solves all but wit a new RB an O lineman or two and maybe another TE we can produce enough points to win games because of our D. We also have a couple.issues on D some we just need to let the young boys we have play. We need a new GM and prolly a new OC not a whole new team. But yeah we really need Alex Smith, he's everything Mark isn't, accurate, smart & someone who perseveres.

vCash
    I'm going to chime in that Vick isn't worth it even for off-the-field reasons. Tebow had his own circus going; after living in Philadelphia when the Eagles acquired him, I can tell you that all of Tebow's media sideshow ringleaders won't be packing up their stuff with him if Vick comes into town.

I would much rather stick with Sanchez than take Vick, that's for sure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverquit11611 View Post
    Again how do you expect any qb be successful with that terrible coaching offensively and below average talent at best. Edwards powell and green kerly your playmakers?only qb's like peyton brees and rodgers can deem them serviceable. There arent many qbs that can.
    No, your playmakers are Keller and Holmes making the other players freer. Take into account Hill's progression through next camp as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    No, your playmakers are Keller and Holmes making the other players freer. Take into account Hill's progression through next camp as well.
    Regardless the Jets need another WR - and not from the draft.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Regardless the Jets need another WR - and not from the draft.
    I disagree when healthy a group of Holmes, Hill, Edwards, Kerley & Gates is pretty sufficient. Throw in Keller or an even more imposing TE and that group is pretty set. That is with a QB that can find em when they open and find the check down when they aren't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    I disagree when healthy a group of Holmes, Hill, Edwards, Kerley & Gates is pretty sufficient. Throw in Keller or an even more imposing TE and that group is pretty set. That is with a QB that can find em when they open and find the check down when they aren't
    Look at every team in the playoffs - We don't compare to any of them WR wise.

vCash
    Well all teams in playoffs have a competent QB. I'm not going to try make light of our WRs after the offensive year we had (pun intended). With a Manning or Brady that group could throw up big numbers. Holmes and Edwards have proven then can do it in this league. Kerley balls if he ain't #1 option and hill will be better. After we signed Braylon I think that group is set. If we can get a stud (Fitz or Jennings) sure but why sign another decent vet.

vCash
    I think bad is a bad word to use with the Jets WR's. I think the Jets WR's are too "inconsistent" Take Jeremy Kerley-- Has 7 catches for 86 yards against New England on Thanksgiving and then has 8 receptions for 75 yards the next 4 games. Stephen Hill, 5 catches 89 yards and 2 TD's in week 1, 16 catches for 163 the next 10 games he is in. Like I have said time and time again, when Braylon Edwards gets picked up Wednesday, has 1st practice in new offense Thursday and is starting and playing the 2nd highest percentage of snaps behind Kerley on Monday, that should tell everyone about our WR corp, especially considering he was the #4 WR in Seattle.

There is no one on the Jets that you can depend on for 5-7 receptions for 75-100+ yards and a TD week in and week out.
    Last edited by ccugrad1; 12-26-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    I strongly disagree this this.

A healthy Holmes and (apparently healthy) Edwards can still produce.

Hill now knows what play in the NFL is like, this offseason is very important to his development. His progress is key.

Kerley has shown to be a playmaker from the slot.

Talent-wise there aren't many teams that have better WRs, but those teams do have better QBs throwing the ball to their WRs, that's the biggest difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I strongly disagree this this.

A healthy Holmes and (apparently healthy) Edwards can still produce.

Hill now knows what play in the NFL is like, this offseason is very important to his development. His progress is key.

Kerley has shown to be a playmaker from the slot.

Talent-wise there aren't many teams that have better WRs, but those teams do have better QBs throwing the ball to their WRs, that's the biggest difference.
    Producing isn't what they need, at this point I doubt you're gonna be a good team in the NFL without a receiver that can rack up 1,000 yards on a yearly basis.

vCash
    Producing isn't what they need, at this point I doubt you're gonna be a good team in the NFL without a receiver that can rack up 1,000 yards on a yearly basis.
    Both Seattle and San Fran doing it, and they look scary. The Jets are striving to be what those 2 teams are. It can be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    Both Seattle and San Fran doing it, and they look scary. The Jets are striving to be what those 2 teams are. It can be done.
    It can not be done, maybe it can be in 5 years. Seattle and SF both have elite running backs and elite defenses. The Jets aren't anything close to them and that's clear.

I think it's almost safe to say that every aspect of SEA/SF's game is better than the Jets.....

vCash
    It can not be done, maybe it can be in 5 years. Seattle and SF both have elite running backs and elite defenses. The Jets aren't anything close to them and that's clear.

I think it's almost safe to say that every aspect of SEA/SF's game is better than the Jets.....
    That because both Seattle and San Fran have COMPETENT QBs, something the Jets don't have.

And it's in having those competent QBs that allows the Seahawks and 49ers defense to rest and catch there breathe, then resume carnage.

Greetard, to not look at a QB and see the role they play in the passing game is asinine.
    Ask yourself is Russell Wilson and Colin Kap better than Mark Sanchez?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast