Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    That because both Seattle and San Fran have COMPETENT QBs, something the Jets don't have.

    And it's in having those competent QBs that allows the Seahawks and 49ers defense to rest and catch there breathe, then resume carnage.

    Greetard, to not look at a QB and see the role they play in the passing game is asinine.
    Ask yourself is Russell Wilson and Colin Kap better than Mark Sanchez?
    To say that Russ and Colin are the reason that their defenses are as good as they are is a bit ridiculous. Look at the Jets in Sanchez first two years, elite defense, good running game = success. They still had Mark at the helm....and Sanchez back then isn't better than Russell Wilson and Colin Kap now.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,949
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    To say that Russ and Colin are the reason that their defenses are as good as they are is a bit ridiculous. Look at the Jets in Sanchez first two years, elite defense, good running game = success. They still had Mark at the helm....and Sanchez back then isn't better than Russell Wilson and Colin Kap now.
    OK, let's do this.

    First of all Greetard, we're talking in the present.

    And both Seattle's and San Fran's defense are without a doubt good, but to think that there isn't a difference between a well rested defense and a that constantly gets put out on the field, is as you say ridiculous.

    Also, this is about WRs, and the passing game with Sanchez has never been all that great, even during his first 2 years, but Sanchez the QB was still able to fundamentally manage the team and keep the defense rested.
    The past 2 years the passing game has been bad, because Sanchez was asked to do more, and it's clear that he couldn't.

    How bad are the 49ers WRs that they weren't that good under Alex Smith at QB, compared to now that Colin Kap has taken over and now the 49ers have a vertical passing game.

    Again, you are excluding what the QB brings to the passing game which is asinine.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brandon, FL
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    To say that Russ and Colin are the reason that their defenses are as good as they are is a bit ridiculous. Look at the Jets in Sanchez first two years, elite defense, good running game = success. They still had Mark at the helm....and Sanchez back then isn't better than Russell Wilson and Colin Kap now.
    You are pretty much making my point yourself. You said can't be done but are giving me the reasons why it can be done. Then your saying that Jets did it 2 years in a row. While I would love to be a pass first team we aren't. But just cuz no 1000 yard WR yearly doesn't mean no offs for you. And also the opposite just cuz you gotgreat paying game don't mean offs for you, ie Giants & Lions

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    You are pretty much making my point yourself. You said can't be done but are giving me the reasons why it can be done. Then your saying that Jets did it 2 years in a row. While I would love to be a pass first team we aren't. But just cuz no 1000 yard WR yearly doesn't mean no offs for you. And also the opposite just cuz you gotgreat paying game don't mean offs for you, ie Giants & Lions
    You misinterpreted what I meant - I said the Jets can not get their run game elite and defense elite.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,103
    vCash
    1500
    The biggest thing for the Jets is they need to draft better. If you look at Indianapolis, what is a large reason that they are 10-5? All you need to do is look at their draft-- Andrew Luck, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen (before getting hurt), T.Y Hilton, Vick Ballard, Jerrell Freeman. All of them are playing big roles.

    Or Washington with RGIII and Alfred Morris, a 6th round pick.

    There is a reason youtube has the Greatest Jets Blunders in history and could keep adding to them.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    Both Seattle and San Fran doing it, and they look scary. The Jets are striving to be what those 2 teams are. It can be done.
    Of course they can. I love these posters who impose these ridiculous "rules" to success. There are many ways to get there and I got a secret for all of you - it's not by passing alone. It's a word called "balance". I know a lot of you have never heard of the word. If you don't have balance, you'll get weeded out either in the regular season or the first playoff games. A free lesson for the Maddenites infesting the airwaves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •