Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: weeden mallet

vCash

weeden mallet

would u take ryan mallet over weeden right now?

vCash
    no
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    I agree. I want to keep Brandon and add a Vet WR and the most a damn coach with some balls.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    I actually believe Weeden is a better leader and is more intelligent that Mallet. I am still not happy with Weeden but Mallet is prob not the answer. Lets just get Bray in the third instead.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Fans these days are just to much for me anymore. Not saying anyone here but just fans overall. Weeden is a ROOKIE weather he's 29 or 18 he's a ROOKIE and will make alot of dumb plays his first year.

Manning had 28 picks his first year. Maybe the Colts should've dumped him right? people need to think before they speak. and how people wanna start Colt McCoy now. really? what in the world will that accomplish? we need to see every bit of film on Weeden.

There are no sure thing QB's in this draft class and the best QBs for trade would be Alex Smith or Flynn. or how bout Vick im sure some pople would love him ha! Weeden gets next season to grow and have better coaching. Thats the best option for this team going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Fans these days are just to much for me anymore. Not saying anyone here but just fans overall. Weeden is a ROOKIE weather he's 29 or 18 he's a ROOKIE and will make alot of dumb plays his first year.

Manning had 28 picks his first year. Maybe the Colts should've dumped him right? people need to think before they speak. and how people wanna start Colt McCoy now. really? what in the world will that accomplish? we need to see every bit of film on Weeden.

There are no sure thing QB's in this draft class and the best QBs for trade would be Alex Smith or Flynn. or how bout Vick im sure some pople would love him ha! Weeden gets next season to grow and have better coaching. Thats the best option for this team going forward.
    I agree.

Two most important offseason moves IMO:

1. Fire Shurmur and hire an offensive-minded HC. One that will install an offense around Weeden's strengths, also utilizing T-Richardson in a variety of ways.

2. Draft a cornerback using the first round draft pick. Also could use another linebacker and safety. Aside from possibly another Right/Left guard or tight end I'm actually satisfied with the offensive side of the ball. Coaching and experience was our biggest hurdle on the offense this year.

BELIEVELAND 2014 WE PUSHIN

"George Hill is a better pg/player than Kyrie Irving"

-Spursfan1/WadeKobe/Jamiebcaller

vCash
    There are multiple times throughout most games where I would like to hit Weeden in the head with a Mallet...does that count?

vCash
    [QUOTE=prodigy;24818006]Fans these days are just to much for me anymore. Not saying anyone here but just fans overall. Weeden is a ROOKIE weather he's 29 or 18 he's a ROOKIE and will make alot of dumb plays his first year.

There are no sure thing QB's in this draft class and the best QBs for trade would be Alex Smith or Flynn. or how bout Vick im sure some pople would love him ha! Weeden gets next season to grow and have better coaching. Thats the best option for this team going forward.[/QUOT

Weedens pocket presence is horrible though he gets balls batted down, stares down
    WR and just makes stupid plays with the ball. This is something that takes a couple of years to develop. By the time he is ready to be a legit starting QB 2 years AT LEAST he will already be 32 this gives him what another year or 2 at most. IMO thats the diff between Manning and him. Manning it was okay for him to take his lumps bc he had time to develop. Payton took 7 years to win a super bowl and he was a lot better prospect then Weeden.

vCash
    Like I said befre the Season Ill take Wilson, Cousins, Foles, in that order before Weeden, I wish we had the Chiefs pick, so we could get Geno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    Like I said befre the Season Ill take Wilson, Cousins, Foles, in that order before Weeden, I wish we had the Chiefs pick, so we could get Geno.
    Carl, I'll give you Wilson. You did say you would want him but you also said you would take him in the 5th round so you also did undervalue him with that as well.

Cousins and Foles though the jury is still out on just like Weeden. I'm pretty sure that Shurmur would have killed anything that resembled a football player in Foles and Cousins as well. Remember Cousins made the Browns D' look atrocious because of the gameplan and he ran that gameplan to perfection but I don't think he would succeed with Shurmurs constant lack of a gameplan. Foles looked like Weeden yesterday too especially in that last drive. All three are kind of in the same territory right now, the only difference is that you have more game film on Weeden and that is why you think negatively of him compared to the other two that are in much better systems, much better coaching situations and don't have a lot of pressure on them as they did not start the year and came in to play off the fact that the starter was injured.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 11tg635 View Post
    Weedens pocket presence is horrible though he gets balls batted down, stares down WR and just makes stupid plays with the ball. This is something that takes a couple of years to develop. By the time he is ready to be a legit starting QB 2 years AT LEAST he will already be 32 this gives him what another year or 2 at most. IMO thats the diff between Manning and him. Manning it was okay for him to take his lumps bc he had time to develop. Payton took 7 years to win a super bowl and he was a lot better prospect then Weeden.
    you can't put a time table on someone's development. He def could turn it around next season. Also at 32 why would he only have 1 or 2 more years left? I mean he has not takin nearly the punishment younger QB's have.

It took manning 7 years to win a SB not to develop. This still a team sport and there are alot of reasons why Colts took a long time to win one.

Heres the main point. Who right now would be better/or worth going after? Do you really wanna use another high draft pick on a QB class that quiet frankly sucks? Flynn? Smith? the Browns are more then a QB away. So i say lets attack other needs While keeping Weeden and see if he is the QB of the future or not.