Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lets see what we are our ownership is made of...

New ownership. New look sixers. Time to sure it up. HOW FAR ARE WE WILLING TO GO?

Jrue Holiday...4 years 41 million-->WIN. Great signing. Isn't cheap, but also phenomenal value for one of the best young guards in the game.

Evan Turner...still locked in on a deal this year and next...I say if the cap is available...resign him to another deal at least the length of Jrue's.

3/4/5...We need to lock down here and figure out our future. Everyone is expendable besides the 2 above in my opinion.

With Kevin Love seemingly available...I don't see a better time to go after him HEAVY. If we resign Turner, we will likely have a trio of Jrue/Evan/Love for under 35 million for the next 4 years. Gives you awesome flexibility going forward. Guys like Bynum, Thad, anyone besides Jrue/Evan as I mentioned would be worth it. If there was ANY way of pretty much gutting the team and working a big trade for a guy like Varajaeo and Love I'd dig it.

Tired of mediocrity...the push for Bynum was great but it hasn't paid off yet...and to be fair it could pay off great in the coming months...but for now, I'm impatient and I want to lock up top talent in the NBA when it's available. Do our owners have the guts and drive? Bynum still has appeal and a guy like Thad is a great young piece to work into a deal.

LETS MAKE MOVES

vCash
    Kevin love may be seemingly available, but how do we "go after him heavy" without giving up Jrue or Turner? I see no realistic package that could come close to what Minny would want in return without either of them. He's arguably a top 10 player in the league. A package centered around Thad? Not even close, sorry.

I mean, MAYBE a Thad/Bynum package with draft picks to give them a huge expiring contract. If they're desperate, it's something to consider. But Minnesota is not desperate, regardless of how unhappy Love is playing for that team. Because he's signed through at least 2014-2015. They have him for 3 more years and would never deal him for an expiring with that much time left on his contract.

vCash

Id trade bynum and thad for love..... Wed prob have to take brandon roy tho..... Id try to get derrick williams instead if possible even tho he sucks

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I think ideally...injuries factored in and everything...if you can get rid of a bad contract, and give up Kevin Love a young stud in the game...getting a return of Andrew Bynum (gamble sure but T'Wolves aren't making noise otherwise) and Thad as security to link him with then that's pretty solid. As mention too about Varajaeo...we could look into maybe a potential deal where Cavs get Bynum, and a package of Waiters, Thad, and someone could get the wheels turning.

vCash
    ^^ i like wheels....

i dont like vareijo tho, even tho i know im in the minority.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Wait what? To get Love, we'd have to give up Holiday, Thad, and multiple first round picks at bare minimum. And it would have to be a three-way deal as Minnesota doesn't need Holiday.

The most realistic players to trade for are Varejao, Bargnani, and Derrick Williams. And Varejao will be hard to get. So take your pick there.

vCash
    theres no way the MINIMUM for Love would be Jrue, Thad AND Multiple 1st roudners. Also no point in trading for a big man who doesnt play in the post/rebound like Williams and Bargs. Not sure if Id want Vareajo because he is 30 and likely wont ever play any better then he is right now.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    theres no way the MINIMUM for Love would be Jrue, Thad AND Multiple 1st roudners. Also no point in trading for a big man who doesnt play in the post/rebound like Williams and Bargs. Not sure if Id want Vareajo because he is 30 and likely wont ever play any better then he is right now.
    sounds about right
    you know that in this league a big is worth more than a small and love is better than jrue a package around Jrue would need much more too it.

2012 allstar

vCash
    sorry there is no way in hell id give that package for Love.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    sorry there is no way in hell id give that package for Love.
    an automatic 20 10 every night best player at his postion. on his way to a HOF level carrer in terms of rebounding mabye one of the top 5-10 rebounders the game has ever seen serviceable 3 point and Free throw shooter.

Still only 24 years old and no where near his prime he may be having a down year so far but Jrue and Thad and couple middling picks are no where near the level of someone like love you have to give up things u like to get things you want in this league.

I think we all want the 2nd best big in the game Hands down Jrue at best will only ever be a top 5-7 PG and that will never start on a contender unless that contender has an allstar in the middle these are not untouchable pieces Kevin love however is.

This coming from one of the biggest Jrue fans on this board.

2012 allstar

vCash

We cant get love for jrue and thad.... Point is moot.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    We cant get love for jrue and thad.... Point is moot.
    But the conversion is if we could do u do it.
    Its a no brainer that u would imo.

2012 allstar

vCash

Obviously u do it....

Pg is the deepest position in the league and if u can get the best pf in the game then u do it.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Love isnt a post player tho, hes not some force in the middle like Bynum was/is/hopefully will be. We would have a crap roster around Love and ET and seemingly no other big time players available to make them a contender.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Love isnt a post player tho, hes not some force in the middle like Bynum was/is/hopefully will be. We would have a crap roster around Love and ET and seemingly no other big time players available to make them a contender.
    Thats the thing u take it 1 peice at a time.
    Get love frist worry about the rest later
    also Notice how if u do that Deal as posted we still have bynum. so whats the problem

2012 allstar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast