Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Hell, WILL the Nets even make the playoffs?

Coming into this season, it was a given that the Nets would make the playoffs. People( including myself) had the Nets anywhere from the 6th seed all the way up to the 2nd seed. But after watching them for a quarter of the season, I see them as just an average team. They will win most of their games vs under 500 teams and lose most of their games vs above 500 teams.

Currently, they have 3 wins vs above 500 teams( Lac,Bos,Nyk) out of their 25games. Overall they are 4-10 vs such teams. I think that trend will continue. I just dont see how they are going to get better. They are not learning a new offense. It's mostly still the same " core" players with the addition of JJ. And they are healthier (in turns of players available to them,) then most teams in the East. Here is the top 10 seeds in the East. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Boston and Philly finished ahead of the Nets

1 New York 19 6 - currently 1st place, prolly finish 2nd. Still waiting on Shump, Camby and Amare
    2 Miami 17 6 - Just coasting, should finish ahead of NYK with a much easier Division
    3 Atlanta 15 8 - A surprise to some. They are playing good D and replaced JJ's output with Lou Will and a few others
    4 Chicago 14 10 - Playing their usual strong D and holding it down until D Rose come back
    5 Milwaukee 13 11 - Scrappy group who can beat the best and lose to the worst on back to back nights
    6 Indiana 14 12 - Good squad that learned to win last year. Starting to find their groove and will only get better with Granger returning
    7 Brooklyn 13 12 - N/A
    8 Boston 13 12 - Knows how to pace in the regular season. Not as good as season's past but still has a very very good coach
    9 Orlando 12 13 - Started off strong but then faded. Actually playing well now but took a hit with Big Baby getting hurt. I expect them to fade again
    10 Philadelphia 12 14 - Think when it's all said and done, they catch and past the Nets. They should stay close to or a little bit above 500 and hopefuuly they get Bynum at some point.

I think by season's end, the Nets will be battling it out with the Bucks for the final spot.

How high do you feel the Nets will finish?

PS..... This aint a diss thread, just a real thread
    Last edited by elledaddy; 12-21-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Still very much a playoff team, and still very much trying to develop chemistry, while other teams, like the Magic, won't maintian their current winning percentage.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    no not a diss thread at all. Orlando will fall Philly will prob make it. Nets will be at least the 7 seed prob the 6
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Of course.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    lololololololololololololol

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    No Raptors are making the playoffs.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    They make the playoffs without a doubt. At least the 8th seed... Orlando cannot compete with Brooklyn talent.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Barring an I jury to Lopez, they'll be in the playoffs
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    this is not going to end well once dmf and wavey get off eachother
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    They will probably be top 6 but definitely in the postseason.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    If they don't, their rich owner will be pissed.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Dumb question.

vCash
    I am thinking about making a thread Hell, WILL the Nets even lose a playoff series? Orlando is a team full of bums that I dont think won 11 out of 15 games like the nets and have no chance to this year.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Who knows. DWill is bound to injure his wrist at some point and Brook has at least 2-3 more foot flare ups left in him.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I am thinking about making a thread Hell, WILL the Nets even lose a playoff series? Orlando is a team full of bums that I dont think won 11 out of 15 games like the nets and have no chance to this year.
    You pretty much beat the same teams Jeremy Lin beat with Jeffries and Fields starting last season to get to 11-4. I remember the combined records of your opponents at that point was way below .500.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast