Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    3rd or 4th at best, but i wouldn't trade him i would rather have a backup just in case. You never know with these mobile qbs. Let him walk at the end of year and let him enjoy his superbowl ring
    49ersssss

vCash
    For the people saying don't trade him, we need a backup for this year, you all know there is a trade deadline that has come and gone for the year already?

vCash
    Great discussion. How much leverage do the 49ers have when he's due a 8 million (or something like that) roster bonus by March 1?

I disagree that the Jets would be a perfect fit. I think better options might actually be teams like Arizona or Kansas City. He knows the division or will have a weak division to play in with a solid running attack.

As for compensation. I will hope for a 2nd rounder, and would be disappointed with a Terrell Owens type trade. I think SF could have a bidding war for him, by contacting the teams that most desperately need a QB. I guess Jacksonville also qualifies for a QB.

The 49ers would also be in the market for a backup QB though.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Great discussion. How much leverage do the 49ers have when he's due a 8 million (or something like that) roster bonus by March 1?

I disagree that the Jets would be a perfect fit. I think better options might actually be teams like Arizona or Kansas City. He knows the division or will have a weak division to play in with a solid running attack.

As for compensation. I will hope for a 2nd rounder, and would be disappointed with a Terrell Owens type trade. I think SF could have a bidding war for him, by contacting the teams that most desperately need a QB. I guess Jacksonville also qualifies for a QB.

The 49ers would also be in the market for a backup QB though.
    His total salary for next year is $9.5 million, which is pretty reasonable for a starting quarterback. He ranks around 20th in the league as far as quarterback salary goes.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    With our cap situation going into next year, we can't risk having to pay both the roster bonus and the guaranteed portion of the salary. Unless a deal is verbally agreed upon prior to the bonus date, Alex will be cut.

vCash
    Only way we get a first for Alex is if we include our first to move up in draft. Otherwise I see a mid to late 2nd rd pick for him and a high 3rd at the worst for him. Either way we'll be getting a good player and Alex will get the shot he deserves to start somewhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    I don't think the Niners care what they get for him, but they want to make sure they dictate which team he plays for.
    This.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I was reading in another forum about trading Smith for Harvin. The dude said he has been in a Vikings board where most of the Vikings members would do that trade. Imagine Harvin in this offense. Plus he can take over Ginns return duties.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    For the people saying don't trade him, we need a backup for this year, you all know there is a trade deadline that has come and gone for the year already?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy king 88 View Post
    I was reading in another forum about trading Smith for Harvin. The dude said he has been in a Vikings board where most of the Vikings members would do that trade. Imagine Harvin in this offense. Plus he can take over Ginns return duties.
    Bout the dumbest thing I've ever heard
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Bout the dumbest thing I've ever heard
    It does sound dumb but I'd love Harvin on this team. Of course the trade would never happen. I wanna see the Vikings board that said they would be okay trading Harvin for Smith lol.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

vCash
    I just went on the Vikes forum and one of the dudes said he would trade Harvin for Smith lol
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

vCash
    Dude, I would literally give my left nut for a chance to get Percy Harvin. He is one of my favorite players. We could trade Alex Smith, Anthony Dixon, and a 2nd rd pick for Percy Harvin (Obviously never happen but a guy can dream)

vCash
    If we traded Smith for Harvin, pretend it was a trade of Goldson & Smith for Harvin because we'd no longer have the cap space to even franchise Goldson.

vCash
    The 49ers have like 13 picks in the 2013 Draft. We can ship 1 or 2 of those pics and Alex to someone and MIGHT get a 2nd at best. more then likely the most probable situation would be Alex/6th/7th for a 3rd

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast