Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    lolphillies was a Alex supporter for a while there
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    yeah, I wonder if Seattle is going to cut Flynn
    Don't know...they may be willing to send him to KC for a 4th or something to get a little something and dump his salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    That team is ****ed. They can't get anyone to accept a GM spot there. They are in salary cap hell with a very flawed roster and have a lame duck coach. Going to the Jets would be the worst possible situation for Alex.

Only someone who hated Alex Smith would wish the jets upon him.
    AMEN to that....

vCash
    I actually think the Jets is a probable destination for Alex Smith. Kansas City could be another if they pass on drafting Geno Smith. I also wouldn't rule the Browns, Jags, Raiders, or Titans out as landing spots for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I actually think the Jets is a probable destination for Alex Smith. Kansas City could be another if they pass on drafting Geno Smith. I also wouldn't rule the Browns, Jags, Raiders, or Titans out as landing spots for him.
    The NY media would rattle Alex.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    The NY media would rattle Alex.
    Give Alex more credit than that. Alex would lift that franchise to relevance.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Interesting.........

According to Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk, Smith has a clear preference. A source with knowledge of the situation tells Florio that Smith is expected to ask for his release before free agency.
    link

vCash
    Niners have to try and trade him.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Interesting.........

link
    Well of course he wants to choose where he goes, but if we can get a return for him in the way of a draft pick, that's what will happen, business side of things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well of course he wants to choose where he goes, but if we can get a return for him in the way of a draft pick, that's what will happen, business side of things.
    I'm not sure. I think there's a chance we could grant his wish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I'm not sure. I think there's a chance we could grant his wish.

vCash

Exclamation Alex Smith: Expected to request release

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...ZRk1UA1yTQtDMD

San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Alex Smith is expected to ask for his release before the free-agent signing period begins on March 12, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com reports.
    Smith opened the 2012 season as the 49ers' starting quarterback, completing more than 70 percent of 218 pass attempts for 1,737 yards with 13 touchdowns and five interceptions before sustaining a concussion in a Week 10 tie with the St. Louis Rams. Smith was inactive the following week against the Chicago Bears and was replaced in the starting lineup by 2011 second-round pick Colin Kaepernick.
    Smith earned the starting job in head coach Jim Harbaugh's first season as 49ers head coach and guided the club to the NFC championship game by playing mistake-free football, completing 61.3 percent of his pass attempts for 3,144 yards with 17 touchdowns and just five interceptions.
    Despite their deep playoff run with Smith at the helm of the offense, the 49ers allowed Smith to test free agency as they themselves flirted with Peyton Manning, who had been released by the Indianapolis Colts prior to the start of free agency. Smith visited the Miami Dolphins, but after Manning signed with the Denver Broncos, the first overall pick of the 2005 NFL draft signed a three-year, $24 million contract that included $15.5 million (partially) guaranteed money to remain with the 49ers.
    Smith received a $3 million roster bonus on March 26, 2012 - $1 million of which was deferred until March 15, 2013 - and his $5 million base salary in 2012 was fully guaranteed. Smith is due to earn $7.5 million in base salary in 2013, with $1 million already fully guaranteed. If Smith is on the 49ers' roster on April 1, the remaining $6.5 million will become fully guaranteed.
    While the 49ers would prefer to trade Smith, who the team has invested tens of millions of dollars in over the last eight seasons, they will have a very short window of opportunity to do so. According to a source with knowledge of the contract, Smith is due a $1 million roster bonus on the third day of the 2013 league year, which gives the 49ers around 48 hours to move Smith, and his contract, to another team's roster.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Pretty sure mine at least walked the fine line of thread worthy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Pretty sure mine at least walked the fine line of thread worthy...
    It was already posted in the Trade Alex Smith thread though.

vCash
    Oh, didn't know that.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast