Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree that Alex Smith will not be a back up next season. Not on this team and not on any team. If he lands in Arizona, he's already better than Kolb or Skelton. He could also end up on a team like the Ravens (if Flacco isn't brought back), Jaguars, Jets or Chiefs. All of those teams need a starting QB.

You have to take into consideration the coaching past of Alex Smith. Different coaches and offensive coordinators in his first 5 years which really hindered his development. None of those coaches were "QB" coaches like Harbaugh either. Smith is also 28 years old and if developed correctly, would be in his prime of his career. Imagine if he had a coach like Harbaugh right off the bat instead of guys like Nolan and Singletary. What kind of QB would Smith be now? Drew Brees wasn't the Brees we all now know until he was 26 years old.

Handing the reigns over to Kaepernick, IMO, was a premature move that could come back and bite them in the *** in the playoffs and for the future.

vCash
    Poor Alex smith even when he's playing the best he's ever played he still gets benched

2-1

vCash
    Really wish people would move on from the Smith to Kap switch. It's over, 99% of the people who were against it have accepted that as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Really wish people would move on from the Smith to Kap switch. It's over, 99% of the people who were against it have accepted that as well.
    Alex Smith has been a conversation/debate even after gong 20-6 in the last season and half. This Kaepernick debate will be open until he shows that he's better than Smith, which he hasn't done yet. He's shown that he could make passes and plays with his legs that Smith can't, but that doesn't mean he's better. He's 4-2 now. If he betters or matches 20-6 in the next 20 games or they win the Super Bowl, then I'll let it go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Alex Smith has been a conversation/debate even after gong 20-6 in the last season and half. This Kaepernick debate will be open until he shows that he's better than Smith, which he hasn't done yet. He's shown that he could make passes and plays with his legs that Smith can't, but that doesn't mean he's better. He's 4-2 now. If he betters or matches 20-6 in the next 20 games or they win the Super Bowl, then I'll let it go.
    Ahhh so your one of those types that thinks that W-L record is a QB stat, good game or not against Seattle by Kap and we still would have lost with how our D and STs played. QBs are measured by their stats and leadership, both of which Kap has shown the same basic abilities as Smith in only his 2nd year.

vCash
    Ahhh so your one of those types that thinks that W-L record is a QB stat, good game or not against Seattle by Kap and we still would have lost with how our D and STs played. QBs are measured by their stats and leadership, both of which Kap has shown the same basic abilities as Smith in only his 2nd year.
    Kap did nothing either that could have led to a win
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    The Seahawks haven't given up more than 23 points at home this season, how dare Kaepernick not put up more than 42 to make up for the terrible 49ers defensive showing.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    The Seahawks haven't given up more than 23 points at home this season, how dare Kaepernick not put up more than 42 to make up for the terrible 49ers defensive showing.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Lol Kap put up 1 touchdown in garbage time...Don't act like he was playing remotely well
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I never said he was. I'm not huge on Kaepernick, but it's hard even for me to point a finger at him for the loss when the defense put the 49ers in a deep hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Kap did nothing either that could have led to a win
    Not the point. Winning or losing is a TEAM stat, he could have played as well as he did in NE and we still would have lost. You need all 3 phases of a football team to show up, we had zero last week. If the defense had held Seattle to less than 20 then yes, the loss would go on Kap, but because the D was worked over like dogs, its a team loss.

vCash
    Not the point. Winning or losing is a TEAM stat, he could have played as well as he did in NE and we still would have lost. You need all 3 phases of a football team to show up, we had zero last week. If the defense had held Seattle to less than 20 then yes, the loss would go on Kap, but because the D was worked over like dogs, its a team loss.
    Nice. I only wish people would see it the same way when Smith lost a game. Especially the loss to the NY Giants last year in the NFC Championship game.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them getting that far this year. I'm OK with Kaep starting, I just wish they would go back to the many different formations that led them to a dominant running game instead of using a gimmick Pistol offense.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by chunj22 View Post
    Nice. I only wish people would see it the same way when Smith lost a game. Especially the loss to the NY Giants last year in the NFC Championship game.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them getting that far this year. I'm OK with Kaep starting, I just wish they would go back to the many different formations that led them to a dominant running game instead of using a gimmick Pistol offense.
    Alex didn't lose that game Kyle Williams did. Alex Smith however didn't exactly win that game either. One completion to a WR? Comon Alex! Throw your hands up and say it with me chumj22, "comon Alex!"

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Kaepernick has gotten you to 4-3-1 since the idiots in charge took the reigns from Smith. If I'm not mistaken Smith only signed a 1 year deal last season anyway. He should be a free agent with a chip on his shoulder shortly. Good luck with your project player on a team with the talent to go all the way going forward. That move ruined the niners chances of doing anything in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Muttly View Post
    Kaepernick has gotten you to 4-3-1 since the idiots in charge took the reigns from Smith. If I'm not mistaken Smith only signed a 1 year deal last season anyway. He should be a free agent with a chip on his shoulder shortly. Good luck with your project player on a team with the talent to go all the way going forward. That move ruined the niners chances of doing anything in the playoffs.
    Ummm... he's 4-2-1 as a starter and that tie should not go against him since the only reason they did end of tying them was that Kaep got them back in that game.

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast