Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Anyone think there's any possibility the plan is to keep Alex and trade Kaepernick?
    Idk why, but I'm really uncomfortable with Kaep and his throwing motion and how he loves to throw laser beams. Then again, I've always been a biased Alex Smith fan, as I am also a Utes fan.
    I remember my gut feeling when they drafted Kaep it was to make him trade bait and, right now we couldn't have timed things better, with the RG3s, Russell Wilsons, Lucks, Newtons, and all the young mobile qbs of the league we should get more if we trade the high upside of Kaepernick, over the "slow and steady wins the race" type that Alex is. I like the methodical time consuming drives that let the defense rest.

Call me crazy but I truly believe we should keep Alex and trade Kaep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by savimoosavi View Post
    Anyone think there's any possibility the plan is to keep Alex and trade Kaepernick?
    Idk why, but I'm really uncomfortable with Kaep and his throwing motion and how he loves to throw laser beams. Then again, I've always been a biased Alex Smith fan, as I am also a Utes fan.
    I remember my gut feeling when they drafted Kaep it was to make him trade bait and, right now we couldn't have timed things better, with the RG3s, Russell Wilsons, Lucks, Newtons, and all the young mobile qbs of the league we should get more if we trade the high upside of Kaepernick, over the "slow and steady wins the race" type that Alex is. I like the methodical time consuming drives that let the defense rest.

I would say that there is a 0% chance that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I wish people would realize that the only thing Harbaugh has done for Smith is make him more efficient.

The two years before Harbaugh, if Smith played all 16 games, he was on pace to throw for about 3600 yards both years. 26 td's one year and 22 the other. He would have threw more int's as well, but he would have had pretty decent years.

Go back and take a serious look at Alex's numbers....He's had 2 bad seasons. His rookie year, and the year he ****ed up his shoulder. He's never had talent at the Wr position until this year either. Here are his numbers (not counting his rookie year or his 3rd year for his broken shoulder)

16 257 442 58.1 2,890 6.54 16 75 16 6 -- 74.8
    11 225 372 60.5 2,350 6.32 18 73 12 3 40.2 81.5
    11 204 342 59.6 2,370 6.93 14 62 10 4 40.1 82.1
    16 273 445 61.3 3,144 7.07 17 56 5 5 45.8 90.7
    9 152 217 70.0 1,731 7.98 13 55 5 3 70.1 104.1

Progression...and then this year he was on pace to have by far his best season. There are other Qb's in the league who have Qb ratings in the 80's year in and year out. Eli Manning has 2 years where he was in the 90's, everything else is in the 80's. Cutlers is always in the 80's and Palmers is always in the 80's....Alex for his whole career has been at least average while have some of the worst coaching in the league, with some terribly depleted (offensive) talent around him. He can very easily be a good Qb in this league, he's really just scratching the surface himself.
    Wait... what? I thought he had reached his peak?

Very well said post. Honestly I have believed that Alex has been a very good QB that was surround by horrible. There was a reason he was drafted #1 overall, because we were a horrible team back then with the worst record in the NFL. It wasn't just due to QB play either back then, and unlike teams like the Colts and the Redskinks that just needed a QB to get back into relevance.

I can't say if Alex would have been Aaron Rogers if those two would have switched places in the draft, but I can say Aaron Rogers would not be the same Aaron Rogers we know today.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Yea, I'm going to have to agree here. I think that bridge between Harbs and Alex is burned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Yea, I'm going to have to agree here. I think that bridge between Harbs and Alex is burned.
    I don't think it has anything to do with burned bridges. It won't happen because the better QB is younger and making significantly less money. There would be no positive in trading Kap and keeping Alex.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by savimoosavi View Post

Well my gut feeling told me he was the future franchise QB, so that's that for gut feelings. It's clear you are holding on to your biases. I cheered for Alex and supported him but winning is what I want for my franchise above personal attachments to people that don't even know me, so improvement is welcome with open arms if it's a clear upgrade, and to me it is. Slow and steady winning the race isn't a great asset of Alex, it's the justification for why we stuck with him. When Harbaugh arrived literally no one wanted the guy to stick around. So he had success under the new coach, so now everyone wants to play the pity card because of the way he lost his job, I really try not to come off as someone who dislikes Alex because I am not, but to mope about the situation is just plain weak in my humble opinion, and is a immature way of thinking to expect rosy outcomes to every scenario in life. The guy got benched for someone better mid season, it sucks for him but get over it.

I don't mean to attack you about it but fans are clinging so hard to the Alex story, just let it go guys. I honestly think it's an age thing. People who are too young to remember anyone else but Alex seem to want his era to never end. People like me who remember other QBs don't seem to be bothered as much by the change. Why it's so hard for people to accept is unfathomable to me. It's not like he was some huge impact player and a legend like Barry Bonds, or some potential star like Monta Ellis leaving the Warriors, it was a guy that most everyone wanted him gone or at the very least accepted that there was much better around. Now that his time is up fans are acting like a great injustice has been done, when it's really just about winning football games.

Sure you can say well that's just homer talk, you are just on CKs nuts, or whatever quick exit from rational thought might bring you to say, but the bottom line is this, just like with me thinking CK will be great, we just have to wait and see. We can revisit this very post in 4 years and I guarantee you, unless he becomes a bust, and I highly doubt Harbaugh's "guy" will become a bust, those of you who are having trouble leaving the teat will look back and laugh at how silly you were.
    Agreed.
    I don't think it has anything to do with burned bridges. It won't happen because the better QB is younger and making significantly less money. There would be no positive in trading Kap and keeping Alex.
    Exactly.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Smith will be traded and Kaep is the face of the franchise pretty much now. If he can learn to stay in the pocket just a tad longer he could be great. He has size, running ability and a accurate laser beam of an arm. He just needs to learn patience and this kid could be one of the better QB's in league.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

vCash
    I'm just saying that bridge has been burned, and it wasn't an accident. Harbs has no intention on going back to Alex as a starter, and Alex has no intention on being a backup.

vCash
    What if Alex actually took significantly less money to be a backup. win/win for everyone but the few select fans who would rather he start somewhere else, even if he didn't want to himself.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    There is no way Smith is a backup.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Probably not. Just like there's no way the Giants win 2 in 3 with SaBochuff and close to no improvement to the lineup. Oh wait...no but seriously, I was just playfully imagining, before you go off and list reasons as to why it wouldn't happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Smith will be traded and Kaep is the face of the franchise pretty much now. If he can learn to stay in the pocket just a tad longer he could be great. He has size, running ability and a accurate laser beam of an arm. He just needs to learn patience and this kid could be one of the better QB's in league.
    First off, Kap is not the face of the franchise...moving on

Kap needs to move more, not stay in the pocket. He isn't a pocket passer. He is a million times more dangerous outside the pocket than in the pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Alex would not have lost in Seattle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookanbetty View Post
    Neither would Jeff Garcia have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookanbetty View Post
    Shaun Hill would not have lost in Seattle. See, we can do this with anyone.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast