Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I miss alex smith!!... but only because i miss laughing at his one or two hop passes 5 yards in front of the intended receiver. Somebody should've told him bounce passes don't work in football.
    49ersssss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chunj22 View Post
    Nice. I only wish people would see it the same way when Smith lost a game. Especially the loss to the NY Giants last year in the NFC Championship game.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them getting that far this year. I'm OK with Kaep starting, I just wish they would go back to the many different formations that led them to a dominant running game instead of using a gimmick Pistol offense.
    I see the Pistol as a safety net, alot like how Washington has incorporated the Baylor offense to make RG3 more comfortable. Neither will stay long as they aren't viable NFL schemes long term. We may not win the SB this year, but it won't be for lack of ability or talent, there are alot of good teams this year and even making it there would be a feat in and of itself. I think the talent that we have under contract for the next few years gives us as good a chance as any to get there and win one in that time frame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Ahhh so your one of those types that thinks that W-L record is a QB stat, good game or not against Seattle by Kap and we still would have lost with how our D and STs played. QBs are measured by their stats and leadership, both of which Kap has shown the same basic abilities as Smith in only his 2nd year.
    In case you haven't noticed, thats the way of the NFL and thats how QBs are measured. The Seattle loss may not have been Kap's doing, but the Ram's was. If you're going to dive into the details of each win and loss, then you have to look at the Saints' game in which the defense won, not Kaepernick, and I'd concede that the defense did a lot of that while Smith was the QB. But the fact that you can't argue is Smith's 20-6 record with Harbaugh. Thats an undisputed truth.

Not sure you could say that Kap shows the same basic abilities. Smith can be pressured and still make plays. When Kap got pressured, he crumbled and made bad decisions. And the overlooked aspect of Smth's game is his ability to adjust the line and recognize defenses. Kap has made some bad calls at the line thus far. I understand he's a second year QB and he may or may not get better which is my whole point. Why risk a Super Bowl season?
    Last edited by WestCoastSportz; 12-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, thats the way of the NFL and thats how QBs are measured. The Seattle loss may not have been Kap's doing, but the Ram's was. If you're going to dive into the details of each win and loss, then you have to look at the Saints' game in which the defense won, not Kaepernick, and I'd concede that the defense did a lot of that while Smith was the QB. But the fact that you can't argue is Smith's 20-6 record with Harbaugh. Thats an undisputed truth.

Not sure you could say that Kap shows the same basic abilities. Smith can be pressured and still make plays. When Kap got pressured, he crumbled and made bad decisions. And the overlooked aspect of Smth's game is his ability to adjust the line and recognize defenses. Kap has made some bad calls at the line thus far. I understand he's a second year QB and he may or may not get better which is my whole point. Why risk a Super Bowl season?
    Still doesn't make it correct. The QB is the figurehead of a team most of the time, but a teams winning or losing is not a QB stat. You can contribute something or things that a QB does to a loss or a win, but if you look up QB, or any other positions, statistics you will never find wins and losses under a players name. Wins and losses are a coaches stat. That is the truth of it.

Smith CAN be pressured and still make plays, but he also was more likely to have a panic attack in the pocket, get happy feet, freeze up on a throw, and take a sack and possibly fumble. The fact of it is, Smith was highly efficient under Harbaugh, but he was not playing like a QB who can command a team to a victory. Its clear that the coaching staff knows who they want in there, and I'll accept the decision of a coach who was a QB, who knows QBs, over anything else.

vCash
    Not the point. Winning or losing is a TEAM stat, he could have played as well as he did in NE and we still would have lost. You need all 3 phases of a football team to show up, we had zero last week. If the defense had held Seattle to less than 20 then yes, the loss would go on Kap, but because the D was worked over like dogs, its a team loss.
    If Kap played as well as he did in NE you bet your *** we win that game. Our special teams put the defense in a hole big time, the offense didn't help either, and the defense said **** it. (and RJF sucks). Kap leads us down the field for a TD on the first drive, or moves the ball AT ALL...takes the crowd out of it a bit, helps build momentum up, and our defense would have played better. Seattle wouldn't of had the ball for 35 minutes in that game, and would not have put up 40+ points either
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Still doesn't make it correct. The QB is the figurehead of a team most of the time, but a teams winning or losing is not a QB stat. You can contribute something or things that a QB does to a loss or a win, but if you look up QB, or any other positions, statistics you will never find wins and losses under a players name. Wins and losses are a coaches stat. That is the truth of it.

Smith CAN be pressured and still make plays, but he also was more likely to have a panic attack in the pocket, get happy feet, freeze up on a throw, and take a sack and possibly fumble. The fact of it is, Smith was highly efficient under Harbaugh, but he was not playing like a QB who can command a team to a victory. Its clear that the coaching staff knows who they want in there, and I'll accept the decision of a coach who was a QB, who knows QBs, over anything else.
    Again...Smith was made more efficient by Harbaugh, but always has had the talent to pass the ball. Has done it every year he has played
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I love how we win in spite of Alex and he is the savior, yet when we lose Kaepernick gets blamed for even the defense. Sounds fair.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I love how we win in spite of Alex and he is the savior, yet when we lose Kaepernick gets blamed for even the defense. Sounds fair.
    Thats beyond comical. Alex helped beat the Packers, but the defense got the win for that game. People say we can't count the Jets or Bills games because we slaughtered them...Some of you guys are just hilarious. The Seahawks game was a complete meltdown that I am putting on the coaching staff. Neither side of the ball as ready to play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    I wish Al Davis was alive. He'd give us a first for him.
    Im not sure Alex is fast enough for Al Davis' liking

vCash

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Before Kaep's debut, you were on Alex's nuts. In fact, I believe you listed his dick as your location...

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    What on earth? Did you just become a 49er fan in 2011? Most fans blamed no one BUT Alex Smith from 2005 to 2010.... then harbaugh proved that Alex wasn't the problem all those years.

vCash
    Uh.....what. Alex rarely got credit for wins...Hear that? That's any shred of credibility you had being shredded.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Before Kaep's debut, you were on Alex's nuts. In fact, I believe you listed his dick as your location...
    He did? Or are you confusing him with me?

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    This is like completely backwards.

Go Braves/49ers!

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast