Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ALEX SMITH, yo!!

vCash
    The only feasible financial option is to trade Alex Smith. With Tebow reportedly going to the Jaguars, that takes one of the teams that need a QB out of the equation. For the money he's making, I wouldn't expect a team to give up too much for him. Maybe a 4th-5th round pick from the Cardinals.

I understand CK is the future, at least for next season, but I'm still not sold on him. He had a few good games where teams couldn't prepare for and I think this offense will really struggle with him next season.

vCash
    I'm surprised Baltimore hasn't come up in the conversation yet. Flacco's a free agent at the end of the year, and it seems he's suffering from the "familiarity breeds contempt" syndrome that has plagued Smith. Clearly, Baltimore would've been a better team with Smith at the helm during Flacco's tenure, but with Baltimore entering a transition phase, I guess it comes down to how the ownership and FO view the team's prospects in the short term.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cangrejo View Post
    I'm surprised Baltimore hasn't come up in the conversation yet. Flacco's a free agent at the end of the year, and it seems he's suffering from the "familiarity breeds contempt" syndrome that has plagued Smith. Clearly, Baltimore would've been a better team with Smith at the helm during Flacco's tenure, but with Baltimore entering a transition phase, I guess it comes down to how the ownership and FO view the team's prospects in the short term.
    Agreed. I just hope he doesn't go to a rival, or anyone in the NFC for that matter, no need to be taking losses from The Phoenix any more than we have to.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    The only feasible financial option is to trade Alex Smith. With Tebow reportedly going to the Jaguars, that takes one of the teams that need a QB out of the equation. For the money he's making, I wouldn't expect a team to give up too much for him. Maybe a 4th-5th round pick from the Cardinals.

I understand CK is the future, at least for next season, but I'm still not sold on him. He had a few good games where teams couldn't prepare for and I think this offense will really struggle with him next season.

Funny, I've never been sold on Alex. This might be the first year I didn't criticize as much as I have in the past. I mean you go 8 years and never throw 4 TD's in a game, and Kaep does it in his 5th start on the road against New England???

I'm sold on Kaep, and just keep in mind 49er fans (not all) gave Smith 8 years... but yet Kaep doesn't even get a full season?

Kaep is the present and the future. You can't have a guy sit on the bench for 4-5 years. He'll leave before you know what you have.

Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, RG3, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, and Ryan Tannehil are the future of those teams... they are playing right now.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cangrejo View Post

Not so clearly... Flacco can throw a deep ball to Torrey Smith, Smith can't.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Funny, I've never been sold on Alex. This might be the first year I didn't criticize as much as I have in the past. I mean you go 8 years and never throw 4 TD's in a game, and Kaep does it in his 5th start on the road against New England???

I'm sold on Kaep, and just keep in mind 49er fans (not all) gave Smith 8 years... but yet Kaep doesn't even get a full season?

Kaep is the present and the future. You can't have a guy sit on the bench for 4-5 years. He'll leave before you know what you have.

Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, RG3, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, and Ryan Tannehil are the future of those teams... they are playing right now.
    The only thing that was correct about this post was that Kaepernick is the future and that you can't have him sit for 4-5 years. Everything else about this post, including your logic, is just flat out incorrect.... and rather idiotic. The majority of your post is factually false, and your logic is pretty bad. Your post right here makes me realize why everyone in this forum shoots down what you say, all the time.

vCash
    Why are people acting all upset about if Smith signs with a rival? It makes me wonder just how long some people have been fans of this team. Seriously, Ive seen Montana as a Chief....Rice/Craig/Rathman/Lott as Raiders, Haley/Deion as Cowboys. Watters as an Eagle.....All of these guys have had significant roles in leading this franchise to Super Bowls. Alex Smith has done nothing...I repeat, NOTHING for this franchise. I like the guy and as long as he's a member of the team Ill support him but he's not Peyton Manning. He's not putting up astronomical Hall of Fame numbers. In 7 years of him as a QB, 6 of which have been a losing season. Smith didnt make the Niners/Harbaugh...Harbaugh made Alex Smith. If we were using a "Madden Scale" (just for simplicity reasons) a Cardinals team with their rotation of QBs would be like a 69. A Cardinals team with Smith at QB would be a 70! I can honestly say I would not be worried in the least knowing my team is lining up across from a team led by Alex Smith. I wish him well and a long and healthy career anywhere he ends up but I will not fear playing against Alex Smith at all!

vCash
    To say Alex has done nothing for this franchise is extremely ignorant.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    Why are people acting all upset about if Smith signs with a rival? It makes me wonder just how long some people have been fans of this team. Seriously, Ive seen Montana as a Chief....Rice/Craig/Rathman/Lott as Raiders, Haley/Deion as Cowboys. Watters as an Eagle.....All of these guys have had significant roles in leading this franchise to Super Bowls. Alex Smith has done nothing...I repeat, NOTHING for this franchise. I like the guy and as long as he's a member of the team Ill support him but he's not Peyton Manning. He's not putting up astronomical Hall of Fame numbers. In 7 years of him as a QB, 6 of which have been a losing season. Smith didnt make the Niners/Harbaugh...Harbaugh made Alex Smith. If we were using a "Madden Scale" (just for simplicity reasons) a Cardinals team with their rotation of QBs would be like a 69. A Cardinals team with Smith at QB would be a 70! I can honestly say I would not be worried in the least knowing my team is lining up across from a team led by Alex Smith. I wish him well and a long and healthy career anywhere he ends up but I will not fear playing against Alex Smith at all!
    Do you have any idea how bad it PO'd me to watch Rice be a Raider?

And there are several teams out there that Alex will make better. Pretty much any that would be willing to consider him... there are some really crappy QB's out there right now.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    If we were using a Madden scale for sound argumentation, you would receive a 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I wish people would realize that the only thing Harbaugh has done for Smith is make him more efficient.

The two years before Harbaugh, if Smith played all 16 games, he was on pace to throw for about 3600 yards both years. 26 td's one year and 22 the other. He would have threw more int's as well, but he would have had pretty decent years.

Go back and take a serious look at Alex's numbers....He's had 2 bad seasons. His rookie year, and the year he ****ed up his shoulder. He's never had talent at the Wr position until this year either. Here are his numbers (not counting his rookie year or his 3rd year for his broken shoulder)

16 257 442 58.1 2,890 6.54 16 75 16 6 -- 74.8
    11 225 372 60.5 2,350 6.32 18 73 12 3 40.2 81.5
    11 204 342 59.6 2,370 6.93 14 62 10 4 40.1 82.1
    16 273 445 61.3 3,144 7.07 17 56 5 5 45.8 90.7
    9 152 217 70.0 1,731 7.98 13 55 5 3 70.1 104.1

Progression...and then this year he was on pace to have by far his best season. There are other Qb's in the league who have Qb ratings in the 80's year in and year out. Eli Manning has 2 years where he was in the 90's, everything else is in the 80's. Cutlers is always in the 80's and Palmers is always in the 80's....Alex for his whole career has been at least average while have some of the worst coaching in the league, with some terribly depleted (offensive) talent around him. He can very easily be a good Qb in this league, he's really just scratching the surface himself.
    Last edited by rapjuicer06; 12-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I wish people would realize that the only thing Harbaugh has done for Smith is make him more efficient.

The two years before Harbaugh, if Smith played all 16 games, he was on pass to throw for about 3600 yards both years. 26 td's one year and 22 the other. He would have threw more int's as well, but he would have had pretty decent years.

Go back and take a serious look at Alex's numbers....He's had 2 bad seasons. His rookie year, and the year he ****ed up his shoulder. He's never had talent at the Wr position until this year either. Here are his numbers (not counting his rookie year or his 3rd year for his broken shoulder)

16 257 442 58.1 2,890 6.54 16 75 16 6 -- 74.8
    11 225 372 60.5 2,350 6.32 18 73 12 3 40.2 81.5
    11 204 342 59.6 2,370 6.93 14 62 10 4 40.1 82.1
    16 273 445 61.3 3,144 7.07 17 56 5 5 45.8 90.7
    9 152 217 70.0 1,731 7.98 13 55 5 3 70.1 104.1

Progression...and then this year he was on pace to have by far his best season. There are other Qb's in the league who have Qb ratings in the 80's year in and year out. Eli Manning has 2 years where he was in the 90's, everything else is in the 80's. Cutlers is always in the 80's and Palmers is always in the 80's....Alex for his whole career has been at least average while have some of the worst coaching in the league, with some terribly depleted (offensive) talent around him. He can very easily be a good Qb in this league, he's really just scratching the surface himself.
    You're absolutely correct. Alex receives a lot of undue criticism. Even though I think Kap is the better option, I still believe that Alex Smith is one of the top 15-20 QBs in the NFL and should be a starter in this league. Will he be? I'm not so sure. I think he'll get a starting job on a team that has a young QB waiting in the wings. He'll always have to look over his shoulder.

vCash
    Just another dumb Alex hater that wants to blame 1 player for all those losing seasons. Don't blame the fact the there was no talent on the team. Don't blame the fact that we had defensive minded coaches that almost ruined Smith's career and would have done the same to Rodgers had they drafted him. Don't blame the fact that we had inexperienced play callers like Jim Hostler calling plays, or Jimmy Raye who had already been fired from 2 other teams. Don't blame the fact that there was no stability or continuity on offense until Harbaugh showed up.

All those who think Alex has done nothing for this franchise are idiots that need to get a life. It's the same people who have been saying that Kaep would be exploding with 300 yd games and 3 to 4 TDs a game.

Take a look at the numbers people. There's a really good sample size now. Kaep is completing 63% of his passes averaging 8.1 yds per pass attempt and throws a TD pass every 23 pass attempts. Smith has completed 70% of his passes for 8.0 yds per pass attempt and threw a TD pass every 16 pass attempts. So please tell me why I should be happy with this change? What happened to our dominant running game? You know the one that the Niners got so much credit for coming up w/ such great run formations? Now we get the Pistol 50% of the time.

Where is the explosive offense you fools have been claiming would come w/ this QB change?? It won't happen until you get a different play caller. In fact since they've gone to Kaep, and the gimmick Pistol offense, this O has no continuity. Gore is avg 1.5 yds less per rush attempt, and our time of possession has dropped considerably.

My point is this, blaming the QB for the teams record is dumb when you don't factor in the team as a whole. That includes, players, coaches, and both offensive and defensive scheme.
    Last edited by chunj22; 12-27-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast