Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

How good can Kaepernick become?

Watching the draft review show on the nfl network, jaws made a statement that I thought to be pretty darn bold... especially coming from a former NFL quarterback. He said "Kaepernick has potential to be the best QB of all time." I realize his upside is pretty effing awesome, but that is some awfully high praise from someone who has watched a lot of film on a lot of great QB's.

Is he right? With CK's size, rocket arm and ability to make plays with his legs...does he have potential to be at least one of the greatest being molded by Harbaugh with the offensive line and weapons we have to put around him?

NOTE: Last year he beat 3 of the best QB's in the NFL in Brady, Rogers and Brees when they went head to head, came 5 yards away from leading this team to a SB , and had basically the same passer rating as Tom Brady.

vCash
    Literally has the talent to be the best in the league. We'll see how he does with the success, but he sure seems to have the drive.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Like I've said before, CK is like a real life Madden create a player QB. Great size, great arm, great speed. He just has to stay consistent and he will at very least beone of the best in the league currently. If he maxes out his potential, then ya it's possible he could be one of the all time greats. Only time will tell. I just hope the kid brings a trophy or three home.

vCash
    There is no cap on Kap's potential. He has the ability to do anything, we just have to wait and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    CK was a stud last year, I'm really interested to see if he will still be a stud this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    CK was a stud last year, I'm really interested to see if he will still be a stud this year.
    Not just CK, but RGIII and Russell Wilson as well. Those 3 and the read-option took the league by storm last year and now teams will have film on them and will have defense's in place to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    He can become a golden god to Niner fans.... just let that soak in for a second.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Really weird seeing Richard Sherman having so many good things to say about Kap on the Top 100 show.

vCash
    Hes good enough to get an endorsement deal with Jaguar

vCash
    He could be a top tier QB, he has the skill set. In fact, if he continues to thrive in the read option, and gets it done with his arms and kegs, he could be the best QB in the league. Not a guarantee, but a definite possibility.

vCash
    I actually hope we see a lot less read-option this year. I don't mind the shotgun or pistol as long as it's used as a PA tool or something, but I like Kaepernick as a passer that takes off when nothing is there. He had the long run vs GB, but he just tore them up when they had their backs turned in pass D and he just took off.

vCash
    I think what I like most about CK was that he wasn't afraid to throw the ball down the field. It seemed he tailed off on doing that as the season went on, but hopefully he can do that again. Keep defenses honest.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I actually hope we see a lot less read-option this year. I don't mind the shotgun or pistol as long as it's used as a PA tool or something, but I like Kaepernick as a passer that takes off when nothing is there. He had the long run vs GB, but he just tore them up when they had their backs turned in pass D and he just took off.
    Agreed.

vCash
    I think its going to be one way or the other with a no in between for Kap. He's either going to be great or he's going to suck. If team's figure out how to guard the read option, then I think it will be the latter.

He's a great runner and has a rocket for an arm, but so did guys like Michael Vick. Will Vick every be considered one of the all time greats? No. He has to show much more than that for me to consider him an elite QB. Team's will be focused on stopping Kaepernick more next season. Its how he'll adjust that will show me what kind of NFL QB he and that he's not just some gimmick play QB.
    Last edited by WestCoastSportz; 05-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.

vCash
    Kap is gonna be tough....his ability to remain focus and adjust his game in the face of defenses that play to stop his running ability is more than enought to show me the sky is the limit for him...this was revealed in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST ATLANTA....HE DID NOT PANIC BUT ADJUSTED AND MADE OTHER THINGS HAPPEN....
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast