Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Hindsight is 20/20.Reid instead of firing Castillo,should have fired Washburn at that time.Things would most likely been very different.Then again I have never seen a team gift wrap so many balls to other teams in my life.The Eagles need a turnover coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    Agreed! No one can tell me the problem is cuz Vick is too short, I see Russell Wilson and Drew Brees doing just fine!

He has the arm, Reid just stopped rolling him as much and designing him to use his legs (he does his best when throwing on the run)
    Drew Brees is succesful because of how accurate he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

...in or outside of the pocket. He doesnt need to roll out to be effective, many of his success comes from inside the tackles. Mike Vick however is and always has been consistantly inaccurate, that isnt fixed whether he is inside or outside the pocket...is it limited on rollouts, sure but his real value was his legs and playmaking ability through his legs and this year has show us that he is gradually losing that.

And for those who complain about Vick "running for his life", how often do you see Foles running for his??? Not as frequent is it? Is it because the line has stepped up? No, they are just as "bad" as they've always been, its because Foles is far more aware inside the pocket and has better pre snap reads and blitz recognition...something Vick always struggled with. Im sick of all the excuses constantly allowed for Vick. If you need to make that many excuses for someone it is more likely that his skills just arent up to par. Whatever team he goes to next year I guarantee he will have the same problems, always has...always will. That said I am of the opinion that Foles will be an average-above average NFL starter or future high end backup so I am not saying this because I am pro-Foles either for the record.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    My comment was that there have been people saying vick gets a lot of tipped balls or misses receivers cuz of his size but obviously it doesn't.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    My comment was that there have been people saying vick gets a lot of tipped balls or misses receivers cuz of his size but obviously it doesn't.
    I wasnt really directed towards you...more the general whole haha
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    This can be very interesting, seems like a lot of our top players are begging for Reid to be brought back, so Jeff might cave in and keep him.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    sadly as much as i want andy back the eagles have proved 1 thing to me time after time with Jeff Lurie.... ITS A BUSINESS....point blank...Love Andy still doubt hes back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Agreed! No one can tell me the problem is cuz Vick is too short, I see Russell Wilson and Drew Brees doing just fine!

He has the arm, Reid just stopped rolling him as much and designing him to use his legs (he does his best when throwing on the run)
    Drew Brees is succesful because of how accurate he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

...in or outside of the pocket. He doesnt need to roll out to be effective, many of his success comes from inside the tackles. Mike Vick however is and always has been consistantly inaccurate, that isnt fixed whether he is inside or outside the pocket...is it limited on rollouts, sure but his real value was his legs and playmaking ability through his legs and this year has show us that he is gradually losing that.

And for those who complain about Vick "running for his life", how often do you see Foles running for his??? Not as frequent is it? Is it because the line has stepped up? No, they are just as "bad" as they've always been, its because Foles is far more aware inside the pocket and has better pre snap reads and blitz recognition...something Vick always struggled with. Im sick of all the excuses constantly allowed for Vick. If you need to make that many excuses for someone it is more likely that his skills just arent up to par. Whatever team he goes to next year I guarantee he will have the same problems, always has...always will. That said I am of the opinion that Foles will be an average-above average NFL starter or future high end backup so I am not saying this because I am pro-Foles either for the record.
    Yup
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    This can be very interesting, seems like a lot of our top players are begging for Reid to be brought back, so Jeff might cave in and keep him.
    I noticed that and I might want to give him one more year BUT

PLEASEEEEEEE get rid of Marty More4thdowns as the offensive coordinator.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Last day of the Reid era. Im actually kind of sad even though Ive been calling for this day for the last 4 or 5 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12