Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 backup QB for Foles

I think its safe to say that the Eagles will have Foles for 2013 as a starter. But my only question is who will be the backup next year.. I was thinking that Hasselbeck won't be with the Titans next year. His cap number is pretty high, 7m. I am sure the Titans will cut him. I think he might be a good teacher to Foles. Just a thought.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    I wouldn't hate it.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Hasselbeck either, a veteran player behind Foles would be nice.

vCash
    If they did bring in someone like Hasslebeck they better have the o-line beefed up.A slow moving old QB would be destroyed with the current line.I think Edwards could be a solid number 2.He is still pretty nimble footed.

vCash
    Hasselbeck will probably prefer an opportunity to start, if he can find one.

It might just be Trent Edwards.

vCash
    I doubt we bring in anyone significant as a backup...most likely we draft a mid-late round QB and develop him for backup duties and push Foles.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    I see Chip Kelly being hired with either Vick or Geno Smith starting with Foles as backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    I see Chip Kelly being hired with either Vick or Geno Smith starting with Foles as backup.
    Vick ray:
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I am making a very bold statement here...

IF Chip Kelly is hired as the HC Vick WILL be back, if not.....Geno Smith will be our QB....

argh... im not a fan of the idea but i am a fan of the team so i have to root for whoever we put out there.

but please lord if we retain Vick and get Kelly here get him a #1 wr...

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Foles!! No matter who the coach is should be the starting QB!

vCash
    I to think Foles can be a QB but his long ball is really worrying me because our offense is built for many long ball opportunities. Also watching Foles these past few weeks, he loves his possession type receivers but it doesn't seem like he's a timing type of QB that can handle a guy like Reggie Wayne.

I love Foles and am indifferent whether he starts next year or not, you can't question the guys toughness and ability to learn one bit but I really think he's a solid backup QB, and I love me some mobile QB's that add another dimension to this team. When your WR's are getting shut down like ours do often we need a QB that can make plays on his own.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I to think Foles can be a QB but his long ball is really worrying me because our offense is built for many long ball opportunities. Also watching Foles these past few weeks, he loves his possession type receivers but it doesn't seem like he's a timing type of QB that can handle a guy like Reggie Wayne.

I love Foles and am indifferent whether he starts next year or not, you can't question the guys toughness and ability to learn one bit but I really think he's a solid backup QB, and I love me some mobile QB's that add another dimension to this team. When your WR's are getting shut down like ours do often we need a QB that can make plays on his own.
    In other words, if Foles can't hit deep, Jackson is useless.

Foles has done quite amicable with possession guys (Maclin and Avant).

vCash
    I'm not going to argue this WR crap over and over again with you.

To me Maclin sucks and is nothing special or worth noting, while Djax is a proven player that took a huge step this year when up against top tier CB's. He's a 1B that would be unstoppable with a Bowe type. Maclins a 2 and hasn't shown any upside towards 1 status.

When Jeremy Maclin knows how it feels to have a 1000 yard season under his belt or gets 80+ catches in a season to prove he's some sort of "possession" type WR, then come to me and maybe you'll have a valid argument.

If Maclin is this "true" WR like you said then accomplishing a 80+ catch season with 1000 yards and close to double digit TD's should easily be accomplished when you have above average QB's throwing to you.
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 12-25-2012 at 11:32 AM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I'm not going to argue this WR crap over and over again with you.

To me Maclin sucks and is nothing special or worth noting, while Djax is a proven player that took a huge step this year when up against top tier CB's. He's a 1B that would be unstoppable with a Bowe type. Maclins a 2 and hasn't shown any upside towards 1 status.

When Jeremy Maclin knows how it feels to have a 1000 yard season under his belt or gets 80+ catches in a season to prove he's some sort of "possession" type WR, then come to me and maybe you'll have a valid argument.

If Maclin is this "true" WR like you said then accomplishing a 80+ catch season with 1000 yards and close to double digit TD's should easily be accomplished when you have above average QB's throwing to you.
    Keep telling yourself this.

vCash
    I will cause he does, never will be anything special, waste of a first rounder.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast