Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Another Mike Vick thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld:

An NFL source "familiar with (Michael Vick's) thinking" tells the Philadelphia Inquirer he's unwilling to restructure his contract.
    If true, it would leave the Eagles with precious little leverage if they decided to explore Vick's trade market, and would increase the pressure to release him before $3 million of his 2013 salary becomes guaranteed three days after the Super Bowl. Currently due $15.5 million in 2013 and in line for a solid payday if he hits the open market, Vick's reluctance to renegotiate is understandable. Unless the Eagles hire read-option maestro Chip Kelly, Sunday should be Vick's final game in an Eagles uniform.

Really dont know whether to be mad or say well yeah...thats what you get (to the Eagles).

But regardless you cannot blame Vick for not wanting to move on his contract but at the same time this just goes to show you what HIS priorities are and where he stands... he has things in his current contract that would protect him against injuries...

Dont be surprised to see Vick get an "INJURY" this week...just saying I would not put it past him. Hes just simply that type of person. Say what you want about his past, I have no mentioned that at all nor will I...I am talking about the type of person and character he is as a HUMAN BEING...

If your such a "TEAM" player why wouldnt you want to stay here with an organization that will give you the best CHIPs (no pun) available.... Unless he knows something we clearly dont Im going to have to call a rat what a rat is.....

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Just stop. Vick has already said publicly that he would be willing to restructure.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    pft... I have not heard of that. If he did come out and say that then kudos to him.

But everything that he has said and this was from a comcast sportsnite interview he said he will be trying out for his next team this week. Dont think hes expecting to be back with the Eagles....

but if he would restructure then sure, I would consider him...in a perfect world Andy is back and Vick is the starter next year with a juicy deal that we save money on him. Have a good healthy backup to learn the system again...with a fresh oline and give me some Dwayne Bowe trade Maclin and get me Greg Jennings too... hahaah hell's yeah. Then go get me a safety and draft another and lets do this!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    pft... I have not heard of that. If he did come out and say that then kudos to him.

But everything that he has said and this was from a comcast sportsnite interview he said he will be trying out for his next team this week. Dont think hes expecting to be back with the Eagles....

but if he would restructure then sure, I would consider him...in a perfect world Andy is back and Vick is the starter next year with a juicy deal that we save money on him. Have a good healthy backup to learn the system again...with a fresh oline and give me some Dwayne Bowe trade Maclin and get me Greg Jennings too... hahaah hell's yeah. Then go get me a safety and draft another and lets do this!!!
    Oh and Chip Kelly as OC!

vCash
    Priority Number One is his family. He lost a lot of money (100 million dollar contract and endorsements) during his time incarcerated and was bankrupt.

Even if he isn't willing to restructure, it makes sense, why not get as much money as you can now(he is only getting older), reconstructing a contract where a team can cut you at any time does not make economic sense.

He has done nothing wrong in his time here for me to question his moral character anymore.He served his time and In fact he has been a model player, human being and teammate since he has been here. He has just been appreciative of the second chance he was given.
    Last edited by Gangreenseason; 12-28-2012 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    Who knows how much longer he will be in the league. He needs to get as much money as he can, while he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Just stop. Vick has already said publicly that he would be willing to restructure.
    what he said it Publicly

Lol no **** he said it publicly....No way he restructures with how much money he owes....He wants as much as possible and knows damn well if they cut him he will have many shots with several other teams.

Lol he said it publicly....he also said he was really really sorry for killing dogs and all that other ********.

Also if I was in his shoes I would do the same damn thing...No chance I would restructure. At this point he needs to get every single dollar he can as a starter because he is on the decline.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash

Another Mike Vick thread...

Its a business right? I see nothing wrong with it, the teams planning on either cutting him or asking him to take less, sit on the bench, and dont explore better options. That seems like a tough one, he doesnt owe this team **** just like this team doesnt owe him ****.

Guy didnt finish college and is a convicted felon what other options does he have if someone else is gonna pay him then good for him i hope he gets a shot with a contender.

vCash
    it's safe to say he's gone after this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    what he said it Publicly

Lol no **** he said it publicly....No way he restructures with how much money he owes....He wants as much as possible and knows damn well if they cut him he will have many shots with several other teams.

Lol he said it publicly....he also said he was really really sorry for killing dogs and all that other ********.

Also if I was in his shoes I would do the same damn thing...No chance I would restructure. At this point he needs to get every single dollar he can as a starter because he is on the decline.
    He's been a great teammate, and player in this team. He's taken a beating, keeps getting up. He has heart and has shown great character. That's all that matters.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    ill give you that he does have heart...but at the same time you could argue that any qb that goes behind that o-line has done the same exact thing.

but i have to give him props.... hes real good at kissing arse lol.... whether he is sincere or not he sure seems like hes being sincere

regardless to say the future doesnt scare me without having any type of proven caliber QB and COACH frightens the piss out of me...

very scared as a fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And things change. At this point there's no benefit to him restructuring....at least to himself. He's not going to start here next year unless we hire Kelly.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Goodbye and best wishes Mike Vick.I really do wish him well,I won't be sad to see him go though.Just hope he ends up on a team that doesn't play the Eagles very often.

vCash
    Aw poor Mike Vick everyone is so worried about him,give me a break !!!
    I hope he gets what he deserves he was paid way more then what he is worth.He is older,injury proned makes poor decisions,cant read defenses he turns the ball over way to much and is no more than a back up.
    He doesnt deserve the love.

Oh 'and lets kick Tebow out of football without giving him the same oppertunities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Aw poor Mike Vick everyone is so worried about him,give me a break !!!
    I hope he gets what he deserves he was paid way more then what he is worth.He is older,injury proned makes poor decisions,cant read defenses he turns the ball over way to much and is no more than a back up.
    He doesnt deserve the love.

Oh 'and lets kick Tebow out of football without giving him the same oppertunities.
    Go away.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast