Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Reid doesn't deserve to be fired but he may need to be.

First off, I love Andy Reid, I think he's a great coach, one of the best in this league.

However, I think he's in over his head, he's doing too much.

Notice I said he's a great coach, not great at his job, which is Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

I think he has too much on his plate and his ego won't allow the Eagles to have a real GM so he has these two huge jobs and he can't put all his energy and mental capacities into one thing and both suffer for it.

If he were just Executive VP, I think the talent on this team would be loaded.

If he were just coach, this team would be very well coached.

But unfortunately he does both and letting a very good GM go to the Browns was a horrible idea and you can see that it's allowed this teams depth to suffer, I think a real GM doesn't sign Vick to that deal but Reid thought he could turn him into something he's not.

If Reid had stuck to Vick being Vick, I think we'd be fine but he's trying to turn him into a pocket passer and less running and that is not Vick.

We have one great and one good running back and it wasn't until Vick was hurt that he started to use Bryce Brown and Sunday we may see both used at least 15-20 times each!

Castillo should've never been fired. (or got his job but the D was good)

Mornhinweg should've never been hired.

Too much change is never good and even though all these acquisitions looked good, it messed with the chemistry of the team and firing your D coord after it was your offense getting turnovers that was losing games and your D was the reason you won the three games that they did, was just a poor decision.

Reid's head is just not there anymore.

I wish he could be successful here, but his time is come, he needs to go fine less green pastures and if the NFL comes to LA, I'll gladly welcome him home!
    (He was born and grew up out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid)

Lastly, if he comes back next season, I'll welcome him back just the same, after all the injuries and crap that's happened this year he definitely should get another chance.
    Last edited by Tymathee; 12-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Oh, another Andy Reid thread.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    First off, I love Andy Reid, I think he's a great coach, one of the best in this league.

However, I think he's in over his head, he's doing too much.

Notice I said he's a great coach, not great at his job, which is Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

I think he has too much on his plate and his ego won't allow the Eagles to have a real GM so he has these two huge jobs and he can't put all his energy and mental capacities into one thing and both suffer for it.

If he were just Executive VP, I think the talent on this team would be loaded.

If he were just coach, this team would be very well coached.

But unfortunately he does both and letting a very good GM go to the Browns was a horrible idea and you can see that it's allowed this teams depth to suffer, I think a real GM doesn't sign Vick to that deal but Reid thought he could turn him into something he's not.

If Reid had stuck to Vick being Vick, I think we'd be fine but he's trying to turn him into a pocket passer and less running and that is not Vick.

We have one great and one good running back and it wasn't until Vick was hurt that he started to use Bryce Brown and Sunday we may see both used at least 15-20 times each!

Castillo should've never been fired. (or got his job but the D was good)

Mornhinweg should've never been hired.

Too much change is never good and even though all these acquisitions looked good, it messed with the chemistry of the team and firing your D coord after it was your offense getting turnovers that was losing games and your D was the reason you won the three games that they did, was just a poor decision.

Reid's head is just not there anymore.

I wish he could be successful here, but his time is come, he needs to go fine less green pastures and if the NFL comes to LA, I'll gladly welcome him home!
    (He was born and grew up out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid)

Lastly, if he comes back next season, I'll welcome him back just the same, after all the injuries and crap that's happened this year he definitely should get another chance.
    i agree with everything

this team has players on the offensive side of the ball to be so bad, we really should have been run/balanced, that is what I've been saying all year.
    i wanted to see a lot of McCoy (15+) and Brown get some touches (5+) so we would have 20+ designed run plays a game. than there is the fact that so many OC in the NFL are looking to mobile QB because of the freakish athletes coming out of college on the defensive side of the ball, especially DLine. that's why 49ers made the switch, Sea hawks went with Russell, RGIII and CAM are so hard to game plan for. all those QB allow there OC to explore a Run Option Offense which makes the front 7 of the defense read and react on the fly instead of simply disrupting the pocket on their way to the QB.

i think we should restructure Vick and Nnamdi, get them playing in the right system because Foles haven't shown enough yet to be a starting QB and we don't want to be the NYJ. also the available QB are also product of a good system designed to fit them, just manage the game and the D will do the rest.
    that why Flynn is on the bench and so is Alex Smith.
    defenses in the NFL are too talented to simply Pass all day and DLines are too good to have your QB sit in the pocket looking to go Deep on 75% of the pass plays.

i think Andy and Marty (the OC) showed that they are unwilling to adjust to todays NFL, even NE has tweaked their Offense and run the ball more than expected.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    ^ well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    i agree with everything

this team has players on the offensive side of the ball to be so bad, we really should have been run/balanced, that is what I've been saying all year.
    i wanted to see a lot of McCoy (15+) and Brown get some touches (5+) so we would have 20+ designed run plays a game. than there is the fact that so many OC in the NFL are looking to mobile QB because of the freakish athletes coming out of college on the defensive side of the ball, especially DLine. that's why 49ers made the switch, Sea hawks went with Russell, RGIII and CAM are so hard to game plan for. all those QB allow there OC to explore a Run Option Offense which makes the front 7 of the defense read and react on the fly instead of simply disrupting the pocket on their way to the QB.

i think we should restructure Vick and Nnamdi, get them playing in the right system because Foles haven't shown enough yet to be a starting QB and we don't want to be the NYJ. also the available QB are also product of a good system designed to fit them, just manage the game and the D will do the rest.
    that why Flynn is on the bench and so is Alex Smith.
    defenses in the NFL are too talented to simply Pass all day and DLines are too good to have your QB sit in the pocket looking to go Deep on 75% of the pass plays.

i think Andy and Marty (the OC) showed that they are unwilling to adjust to todays NFL, even NE has tweaked their Offense and run the ball more than expected.
    Agreed! No one can tell me the problem is cuz Vick is too short, I see Russell Wilson and Drew Brees doing just fine!

He has the arm, Reid just stopped rolling him as much and designing him to use his legs (he does his best when throwing on the run)

vCash
    Think you're all missing the bigger picture.

Wilson, Kaepernick, RG3, and Cam are all mobile like Vick, the difference is they're all younger. Vick is in his 30s, he's not what he once way anymore, he cannot sustain running like he was once able to do.

vCash
    Running for your life is much different than running by design.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Think you're all missing the bigger picture.

Wilson, Kaepernick, RG3, and Cam are all mobile like Vick, the difference is they're all younger. Vick is in his 30s, he's not what he once way anymore, he cannot sustain running like he was once able to do.

i honestly think you are missing the point, the OLine was full of backups we were still asking Vick to stay in the pocket and had our WRs running deep, deep routes take time to develop, time that our OLine could never give any QB because most DLines get in the backfield on the best OLines when they dail up big plays.
    the real difference between all those guys and Vick is they all have an OC that understands that their ability to roll out and make things happen with their legs is an added weapon.
    how do we know if he couldn't do it anymore if we never try it?
    we would have never known what Brown could do either if McCoy didn't go down because we didn't even run enough for McCoy.

i'm sorry but Andy and Marty killed this team and i'll bet when/if a new coach comes in and have a run/pass balance Offence we'll be one of the best Offense in the NFL.
    obviously Andy don't know how to use his personals to their strengths.

oh by the way, have you noticed that we are Run heavy now?
    they are trying to cover for Foles, they try to dial a few deep plays to keep the Defense honest but he has been way short on those, like the one he under throw by 10 yards when the defender was beaten already.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Running for your life is much different than running by design.
    but oh so true

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    but oh so true
    It is.

Vick hasn't been effective as a runner because they went away from play design allowing him to use his legs. His initial burst may be slower, but he can still move. People act like he's got the speed of Foles all of a sudden.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Exactly. When Reid was forced to use Vick, he used ALOT of roll outs, designed runs, heck he just had fun with him, the two years since he's pocketed him alot and he's not that type of passer and he's not Donovan McNabb where he's going to learn it.

Oh and those other guys, are mobile qb's, those who run when they have to, not by design, Vick needs designed runs to throw off the defense, when they hike teh ball, i want the defense to see McCoy, Brown, Vick, Jackson and Maclin and have NO idea who is going to get the ball adn be scared of each one.

vCash
    It has nothing to do with vick being short or Vick being slow...it has everything with Vick not being able to read a damn defense. The rookies are years ahead of him on this. Its like Vicks defense reading stopped at highschool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    It has nothing to do with vick being short or Vick being slow...it has everything with Vick not being able to read a damn defense. The rookies are years ahead of him on this. Its like Vicks defense reading stopped at highschool.
    i guess Vick is the reason McCoy didnt get 20+ carries a game or was it McCoy inability to read defenses?
    until i see this team fail under a coach that is willing to run the ball i will stand on my belief that Andy and Marty are the real problems.
    Offense not putting up points, ok lets fire the DC.
    C'mon man!!!

Andy needs to go!
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    I bet juan castillo would be a better hc than reid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    I bet juan castillo would be a better hc than reid
    Yeah, you're probably right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast