Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Did AP have the best season by a running back of all time?

Yes, he failed 9 years short of Dickersons record....but 2097 yards, SIX YARDS PER CARRY (5.6 in Dickersons record season)

And factoring in he completely tore up his ACL in week 16/17? of the previous season...to come back at all and be ready for the start of the season is something most RBs dont do, let alone do they elevate their play to unseen levels.

He also did it with no help around him on offense. Ponder was really holding back the team all year.

OJ, LT, Faulk, Brown, Sanders, Dickerson all put up a good fight. But is it safe to say All Day's 2012 season is the greatest RB season of all time?

vCash
    no

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    No. OJ in fourteen games? That's still the best in my book.

vCash
    Nope.

vCash
    Ya I've said from the get go that the Juice had the best season. BUT...when you have to factor in coming from major surgery then you could argue he did. It took AD until around week 4 or 5 when the cartridge started to break up in his knee and then he went into beast mode. So he could have had even better numbers but it is what it is.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    best, nope.

maybe most impressive, considering the injury.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    2006 LT says hi.

vCash
    can someone find the league wide YPC from the 90's compared to today? IIRC, it's like half a yard higher now than it used to be.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    I'm leaning more towards 1963 Jim Brown or 1973 O.J Simpson. I think I might actually give Simpson's a little more credit because I am looking at the stats for the 1973 Buffalo Bills and their passing numbers are quite horrid, but teams weren't able to stop Simpson in spite of that. Barry Sanders in 1997 was also pretty good.

vCash
    Incredible season obviously, but it's not even hands down the best season from a running back in the last 5 years. CJ had over 500 yards receiving and set the yards from scrimmage record during his 2000 yard campaign. AD's was probably better overall if you paid attention to the actual games, but just having second thoughts comparing it to CJ's season means it's probably not the greatest of all time.

vCash
    lt in 2006 had 31 total td's

best season ever imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Yes, he failed 9 years short of Dickersons record....but 2097 yards, SIX YARDS PER CARRY (5.6 in Dickersons record season)

And factoring in he completely tore up his ACL in week 16/17? of the previous season...to come back at all and be ready for the start of the season is something most RBs dont do, let alone do they elevate their play to unseen levels.

He also did it with no help around him on offense. Ponder was really holding back the team all year.

OJ, LT, Faulk, Brown, Sanders, Dickerson all put up a good fight. But is it safe to say All Day's 2012 season is the greatest RB season of all time?
    Why would I factor that in if we're only regarding this season? LT had a better season.

vCash
    If we're talking just on his performance, disregarding circumstances, then no. OJ's 2000 yard season was better and I'm sure there are several others.

But considering the injury he came back from, I might say it's the best season any football player ever had. I don't think this kind of comeback has ever happened before and I doubt it ever does again

vCash
    Most impressive considering what he went through but OJ Simpson's 2000 in 14 games is unreal. Trying to stop him was like trying to stop a killer! Literally!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imDelusional View Post
    Incredible season obviously, but it's not even hands down the best season from a running back in the last 5 years. CJ had over 500 yards receiving and set the yards from scrimmage record during his 2000 yard campaign. AD's was probably better overall if you paid attention to the actual games, but just having second thoughts comparing it to CJ's season means it's probably not the greatest of all time.
    I'm glad you said this. johnson also had more tds than peterson. Wha I want someone to explain is why chris johnson got zero mvp votes?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast