Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    He'll be decent. The contract in today's world actually isn't all that bad.. plus, it's really all Pittsburgh can afford.

With that said, they have a very long season ahead of them.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Sorry we look at this objectively and see that Liriano has been awful the last 2 seasons. His main issue is that he is a head case and he has never thrown over 200 innings in his career. Hope he works out for the Pirates, I actually like that team.
    Exactly how is Cisco a head case? He's NEVER been a disruptive personality in any way, shape, or form in any locker room or dugout. And he has been nowhere near awful...he simply needs someone to finally get thru to him that he doesn't need to strike every guy out.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MG3 View Post
    The criticism and hypocrisy on this website is hilarious. The Pirates can do NO RIGHT. If they don't sign anyone, they're cheap. If they do go out and sign someone, it's ALWAYS a bad signing. Do people not understand that they have to literally go out and OVERPAY for players because no one wants to come here?

What do you expect? I mean honestly, they could sign Hamilton to a vet minimum and people would say, "this is why they have 20 losing seasons".

Considering they'll be dumping a 7 million dollar salary in Hanrahan for someone for a pitcher who has such a high ceiling and can be a number 4 starter on this staff, I'll take it.

By the way, should we bring up the A.J. Burnett forum where pretty much 90% said how horrible the Pirates are for dealing for the guy? This isn't as bad a deal as you people make it out to be. 2 years for 12.75 whose only downfall is control problems? If he gets that under control, he could be the #2 or even ace of this staff.
    He is 29 and has been issuing 5 BB per 9 the last two seasons and a high homer rate.

His control isn't likely to improve.

The issue with Liriano is that he is either an unhittable ace, or Oliver Perez 2.0 who can't find the strike zone and when he does, he is crushed.

He is the kind of guy that can give you 7 innings, 0 run, or 2 innings, 8 runs. You never know what you are going to get with him.

The issue most have with this deal is that it's a two year deal for a guy that hasn't shown any consistency, isn't all that durable, and just doesn't have the track record you want to see for a guy that gets a two year, guaranteed deal.

The dollars are fine overall, but I don't see why they gave him two years.

He could post a Cy Young season, or he could be in the minors by June. He is that hit or miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Exactly how is Cisco a head case? He's NEVER been a disruptive personality in any way, shape, or form in any locker room or dugout. And he has been nowhere near awful...he simply needs someone to finally get thru to him that he doesn't need to strike every guy out.
    Pretty close.

2011- 5.09 ERA, 4.54 FIP, 4.52 xFIP, 1.1 WAR, 7.50 K/9, 5.02 BB/9, 1.49 WHIP

2012- 5.34 ERA, 4.34 FIP, 4.14 xFIP, 1.8 WAR, 9.59 K/9, 5.00 B/9, 1.47 WHIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm a Twins fan, and my username is coined after the nickname that PA gave to Liriano. Frankie Freakout, Frankie Flopsweat, ect...

He isn't necessarily disruptive, but you can be a headcase without throwing tantrums in the clubhouse.

vCash
    I like the move for Pitt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana235 View Post
    Pirates going all out for 500.
    can you blame them?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The Pirates have signed Liriano once again. Deja vu of an offseason. Grilli was signed like 3 times, Karstens was on the team then off the team but is now back on the team.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    The financials were released on this deal, and it's much better than I originally suspected.

Making the deal much better than I thought.

10:52pm: If Liriano's option year vests at $5MM or $6MM, he can earn the difference between that and the full $8MM based on games started in 2014, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets.

10:13pm: The Pirates confirmed the signing via press release. Liriano will be guaranteed just $1MM in 2013 and can earn up to $4.75MM through incentives in 2013 based on time spent on the DL due to his right arm injury, a source tells Bill Brink of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (on Twitter). The left-hander can still make the original $12.75MM, however, if he stays healthy and has his option vest at $8MM (Twitter link). That option's value could be worth just $5MM or $6MM based on missed time.

12:27pm: Long after initially agreeing to terms, the Pirates have finalized their two-year agreement with free agent left-hander Francisco Liriano. Liriano passed his physical and his deal with the Pirates is now official, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter).

The deal now includes language that protects the Pirates in case Liriano misses time due to an injury to his non-throwing arm, Rosenthal reports. Liriano will still earn $12.75MM if he misses no time due to the right arm injury, but his 2013 salary would be reduced if he does miss time because of the injury, which occurred last month.

vCash
    He's gonna have a great season.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I can only hope so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    He's gonna have a great season.
    Great?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    The financials were released on this deal, and it's much better than I originally suspected.
    Yes, much better. I wouldn't have minded it even if it was the original price.

Hopefully he pans out well. Another fun reclamation project for the Pirates. I really enjoyed watching AJ last year...he was phenomenal in every single regard. Hopefully Liriano can buy into the tea, city and fans as well.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I miss good liriano. So much fun to watch

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345