Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    Over the last 2 years:

    5.23 ERA 4.43FIP 4.31xFIP 5.01 BB/9 and he's only pitched 291 innings.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Little Canada, MN
    Posts
    1,153
    vCash
    1500
    Liriano's problems are all mental. When he's confident with solid mechanics he's a really good pitcher with strikeout stuff. The minute he loses confidence his mechanics go out the door and the ball starts leaving the park.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,112
    vCash
    1500
    WOW!!!!

    7 ****in million a year for Liriano? WHY?! He sucks!

    This is the type of shiet, that REALLYYYY pisses me off about baseball.
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees
    63-61



    G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    2,106
    vCash
    1500
    I think a move to the National League will benefit Liriano big time...

    I remember how many people were patronizing AJ Burnett when he was in New York, and he turned into a very decent pitcher for Pittsburgh, and Im pretty sure that Liriano will follow the same path.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythegreat1 View Post
    I think a move to the National League will benefit Liriano big time...

    I remember how many people were patronizing AJ Burnett when he was in New York, and he turned into a very decent pitcher for Pittsburgh, and Im pretty sure that Liriano will follow the same path.
    i used to think that liriano would be the next santana...however that was never the case...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    WOW!!!!

    7 ****in million a year for Liriano? WHY?! He sucks!

    This is the type of shiet, that REALLYYYY pisses me off about baseball.
    mmmmkay, 12 million for Youk...

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,112
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    mmmmkay, 12 million for Youk...
    mmmmkay it's only one year. And I promise Youk still gives us better production as a hitter then Liriano as a pitcher.

    Of course, if Youk signed with someone other then the Yankees this wouldn't be an issue. Nice try on your cheap shot, but anyone who would rather give Liriano 14 million over two years then 12 million for one year of Youk is
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees
    63-61



    G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    mmmmkay it's only one year. And I promise Youk still gives us better production as a hitter then Liriano as a pitcher.

    Of course, if Youk signed with someone other then the Yankees this wouldn't be an issue. Nice try on your cheap shot, but anyone who would rather give Liriano 14 million over two years then 12 million for one year of Youk is
    Actually Liriano was worth more last year than Youk. 1.8fWAR last year compared to Youkilis' 1.3fWAR so that is a promise you might not want to make.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    5,564
    vCash
    1500
    ha, good luck
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,271
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Actually Liriano was worth more last year than Youk. 1.8fWAR last year compared to Youkilis' 1.3fWAR so that is a promise you might not want to make.
    Considering Youkilis will be playing at Yankee Stadium for 81 games I'd bet he'd be more productive as a hitter than Liriano as a pitcher.


    Ariana Grande

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Considering Youkilis will be playing at Yankee Stadium for 81 games I'd bet he'd be more productive as a hitter than Liriano as a pitcher.
    Most likely. You do have to admit that a Yankees fan (or any other big market team) criticizing a smaller market team for overspending on a player is pretty ironic though. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    mmmmkay it's only one year. And I promise Youk still gives us better production as a hitter then Liriano as a pitcher.

    Of course, if Youk signed with someone other then the Yankees this wouldn't be an issue. Nice try on your cheap shot, but anyone who would rather give Liriano 14 million over two years then 12 million for one year of Youk is
    If you are trying to tell me 7 million a year for 2 years is a terrible deal for a starting pitcher of his capability then you sir are crazy.

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,417
    vCash
    1500
    Nice signing by them. Their SP talent sucks, and he could bounce back in the NL.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Most likely. You do have to admit that a Yankees fan (or any other big market team) criticizing a smaller market team for overspending on a player is pretty ironic though. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    This would be true if fans of a team were part of those organizations and involved in the decision making process' they make.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    64,265
    vCash
    500
    Hopefully it works out as well as Burnett worked out. Most of you panned that trade real hard, and as a Pirates fan I couldn't have been more happy about it.


    It's not really "low risk, high reward", because that money for the Pirates makes it a risk. I do think it's worth the risk. Hopefully he can regain form in the NL. He is only 29.

    Probably means it isn't necessary for Hanrahan to be moved for a SP only now. Hopefully he's just shopped for the best player at any position of need now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •