Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Thanks to having 3 competent true passing point guards Amare will be a beast for the Knicks and give the team a huge boost. ECF here we come.
    Now this I can agree with! This team will be disgusting and with the way Melo is moving the ball this year we will have an unstoppable offense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faze38 View Post
    I was directing my comment toward the writer not the OP so that was a typo so relax a bit there! As far as it being far farfetched come on now the owner vetoed the trade no way that this was a worthy story. Did the Knicks have some calls about trading STAT probably but if nothing went thru I'm pretty sure almost every talk had to be about a star player in return. I mean there is always talks about players Rondo was on the block just a few months ago! The writer was just looking for attention. The last thing the chick in the picture isn't asian she's Meagan Good.
    Yeah no doubt. But Dolan butts in all the time. As far as this being a worthy story, you wont have any disagreement from me, as per my first post on this thread.

But I doubt the offers were for star players, I'm betting cap relief is what they were looking for. Draft picks if you're lucky

I did not realize that was Meagan Good, explains the bod, but her face isn't clear
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash

Knicks tried to trade Stat all summer

Just came across this article stating that the Knicks did everything possible to trade Stat over the summer but nobody wanted to take on his contract or his knees. Good read and I'm glad we kept Stat. I think he's the final piece to make this very good team a great team.

http://nba.si.com/2012/12/21/new-yor...2_a5&eref=sihp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Yeah no doubt. But Dolan butts in all the time. As far as this being a worthy story, you wont have any disagreement from me, as per my first post on this thread.

But I doubt the offers were for star players, I'm betting cap relief is what they were looking for. Draft picks if you're lucky

I did not realize that was Meagan Good, explains the bod, but her face isn't clear
    It's not the clearness that thru u off that's just a photo of when she was a little younger she was like 19 in that pic! Bad as **** I mean maybe a should put a picture up of my girl tho if u want to see a smoking asian!

vCash
    Just realized Troth started a similar thread just above mine. Mods feel free to delete thread.

vCash
    Howard Beck. Should've known.

The same guy who is ripping Amare before he even had a chance to get on the court this season.
    Did you miss us, Playoffs?

vCash
    Can't read this article because of that damned limit on the Times website, but suffice to say I think it's a bunch of garbage rumor. Someone said it already ... if Joe Johnson can be traded, Amare can be traded. Although I want him on this team.

vCash
    This is all crap coming from Knicks haters that have nothing better to do than bash the team, ignore it...

vCash
    don't buy it. Put a name on it... Cause i think it's BS.

vCash
    It was the summer after his awful year, who cares?
    Of course this gets brought up again right before he returns.
    Agenda's are pathetic.

vCash
    Beck...

I got nothing

Home for the holidays, couple shots a rum and ill get back to yall

vCash
    I do not think this is that big a deal. This was over the summer coming off another first round playoff loss. It doesn't mean Amare is a bad player. It just means they were open to moving a very large uninsured contract of a player who has had some injuries. They did not know the team would get off to a great start. They may have looked at Tyson as the center and Anthony as the PF in the off season. During the summer I would guess that a large amount of the trade scenarios posted on this board included Amare's contract. The team may have put out trade feelers to see if anyone nibbled not only to trade Amare but to gauge other teams interest. Some of the best trades are the trades you do not make so this could be true in this situation as well. Beck wrote a story about something he was told. It doesn't make it true or if true it doesn't make it significant. Relax folks.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Why you guys getting mad at beck, amare is trash, horrible contract, horrible attitude, thinks he's still elite, bad knees, dumb as it gets.

If he doesnt excel odd the bench, play serious defense, rotate, and rebound hard, than what? You guys who keep defending him seem to ignore the fact he's never done those things.

WTF do we do with him if he cant fit in?

vCash
    The whole reason this came out because yesterday Amare say he was returning to "dominance".

His arrogance pissed off someone in the media so now they float out this report to let him know he's not as wanted and dominant as he thinks he's is.

All media driven nonsense.

There a lot of small market teams that will never attract a star like Amare thats has loads of cap space.

You telling me a team like

Sacramento/Toronto/Bobcats/Wizards/Phoenix/Portland would not take a chance on Amare.

What above average free agents are going there honestly by choice?

That being said I want to keep Amare anyway.

vCash
    I can't understand why this story has had so much impact. Of course he'd be available. who wouldn't want to get from under the contract of maybe the highest paid player in the league for 3 more years, when he's not healthy.

The Uninsured factor is the reason Amare is untradeable unless he can become a dominating player. The guy has knees that the NBA world has known are shaky for year and years, plus coming off of his worst year as a pro, and had 2 back surgeries during that calendar year.

So sure he didn't get traded. Does that mean that he can't be possibly the best or one of the best big men scorers in the NBA? Nope, because if he's healthy that's what he's going to be on this team. This team is built for both Melo and Amare and even Chandler excel...if Amare is healthy he's going to be a force offensively.

This team has a problem with no interior threats when Melo specifically and Chandler leaves the floor, and Amare fills that role to a tee. That's something neither Josh Smith or Bargani or any guard we could've traded for would provide. Amare is what this team needs in reality, especially if he's a better post player. There's a big hole for consistent offense when Melo leaves, and for backup 4/5 when both Melo and Chandler leave. And Amare playing 25 minutes in that role is going to help his health this year and maybe the rest of his career

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast