Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    ^^ yup the wording was oddly vague and Bearer's insistence that UT is beaten up and broken and doesn't owe it to anyone to come back to defend the streak makes me think that maybe he really is just going to miss this event and maybe build for some huge return @ WM30 presumably in the 100K seat Cowboys stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Punk and love what he's done for the industry but I was just curious to see what you guys think about him possibly breaking the record. Even if he does break it what does that mean for WWE. Additionally if he manages to break "The Streak" is he automatically the G.O.A.T.
    I can't tell what you're asking. He will not break the record for longest title reign that is a LOL! If you are talking about him only breaking Taker's streak(it looks like you are asking if he will break both", than that is a better question. One way I can see WWE pulling it off is having The Shield interfere on Punk's behalf. That way 4 people would be responsible for ending the streak and 3 young guys can brag about it for their whole careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I disagree. I think it would be pointless for Taker to retire with the streak. Once he is retired the streak means nothing. I think he is going to lose on his way out.

it will be a major Wrestlemania moment, similar to Hogan slamming Andre and "passing the torch".
    The question is...

Will they go the sincere route of "passing the torch", or will they go the controversial way of creating a ton of heat.

Probably the former, but I'd like to see the latter.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Getting really annoyed at the prospect of Ryback potentially ending the consecutive WWE Champ streak.

Ryback should be forever relegated to dark matches. His gimmick is literally three words deep; boooorrrriiiiinnnngggg.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadilles View Post
    I'm really starting to get behind the idea of Punk vs. Taker .. streak vs. streak @ WM

I don't see anything or anyone else out there who would fit in seemlessly in terms of an angle or storyline. Of course, despite HHHs comments on RAW about Undertaker, Paul Bearer was on Wade Keller's show the other day and he wasn't so sure that Taker will or even should come back for WM29. He went out of his way to specifically say that he thinks people misinterpreted Hunter's comments. Maybe he was just throwing a curveball out there .. but i still dont think it's 100% lock for UT @ WM29 which will be insanely disappointing given it being in my home state.
    I don't see HHH planting that seed if Taker wasn't going to come back in the next few months. There wouldn't have been any point. There have been enough rumors to say Taker is ready to go and is down for a match to believe he will be at this mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    The question is...

Will they go the sincere route of "passing the torch", or will they go the controversial way of creating a ton of heat.

Probably the former, but I'd like to see the latter.
    Yeah I think if they end the streak (which of course is a big if) I think it will end cleanly. I think if they are going to do that it's probably better off if they did it that way. Then that person can say they ended it and didn't cheat to do it. It would mean more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Sox View Post
    Getting really annoyed at the prospect of Ryback potentially ending the consecutive WWE Champ streak.

Ryback should be forever relegated to dark matches. His gimmick is literally three words deep; boooorrrriiiiinnnngggg.
    Have you heard the pop he gets from the crowd
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Have you heard the pop he gets from the crowd
    Yea its pretty good and i kinda like him but he just seems bland at times. The feed me more thing gets old. Ryback should have been put with paul heyman to start out imo. He was pushed hard got over pretty well only to not win any big matches. I think he fizzles out and turns heel. You can already see wwe are already more interested in pushing the shield. Ive also read vince loves dean ambrose and sees him as a huge star and wants to give him a monster push.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Yea its pretty good and i kinda like him but he just seems bland at times. The feed me more thing gets old. Ryback should have been put with paul heyman to start out imo. He was pushed hard got over pretty well only to not win any big matches. I think he fizzles out and turns heel. You can already see wwe are already more interested in pushing the shield. Ive also read vince loves dean ambrose and sees him as a huge star and wants to give him a monster push.
    Vince has been waiting for the next major baby face to come along and Ryback has everything VKM can ask for. Ryback is huge - kids love him - he has a phrase that is over. I think Ryback is here to stay he has all the tools. And now he is starting to speak more on the mic. 2013 is the year Ryback/Ziggler/Bryan(face)/Ambrose/Rollins

I do agree with that he is very bland basically how bastista was when he first started out. But bland and boring he still gets the most reaction minus the "Yes Yess Yes" Which I think he may have even passed.
    Lololololololololol

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    I just wish ryback started heel and turned on paul heyman or punk like batista vs hhh back in 2005. But i honestly hope ryback gets over is popular and becomes legit. Ryback as a draw only means less cena and or a better cena. Also randy orton is probably turned heel. So basically ryback whether people like him or not will improve many aspects of wwe.

vCash
    I just wish ryback started heel and turned on paul heyman or punk like batista vs hhh back in 2005. But i honestly hope ryback gets over is popular and becomes legit. Ryback as a draw only means less cena and or a better cena. Also randy orton is probably turned heel. So basically ryback whether people like him or not will improve many aspects of wwe.
    If Ryback can get to the Batista level then maybe the flirt with a heel cena FINALLY. But I wont even dream about that
    Lololololololololol

vCash
    He won't break it, But if he did it means he is one of the greatest just off that.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvo View Post
    He won't break it, But if he did it means he is one of the greatest just off that.
    And that would make me dislike Punk.. People would start saying/calling him a top 10 superstar of all-time just because of that. Punk is awesome don't get me wrong but he will never even crack the top 20 of all-time. He's had a great 2 year run but other then that he was just a very good mid carder the rest of his career.
    Lololololololololol

vCash
    Punk has been great but problem with him has been he really hasnt had alot of people to fued with for like 6 months at a time. Still punk has been the best in the business for 2 years strong.

vCash
    Punk has been great but problem with him has been he really hasnt had alot of people to fued with for like 6 months at a time. Still punk has been the best in the business for 2 years strong.
    Yes but does 2 years really make him one of the all-time greats?
    Lololololololololol

vCash
    I dont think theres any reason to hate Ryback, not sure why he got "cena-ed" so fast by some fans.

That being said, he has not earned the honor of being the guy to end takers streak.

I dont consider Punk old either, 34yo in pro wrestling is like 25 in the NBA. Sure theres more wear and tear and concerns over durabilty as wrestlers get towards 40, but he is 6 years away from that. If Punk put together 6 more years at the level he's on now, with takers streak and this long reign on his resume, the he is easily amongst the greatest of all time. Which is what hes being built towards, and Im not talking about the storyling greatest of all time either. I think vince legitimately wants to find deserving icons and HOFers in each era, punk, cena and hopefully DB are the ones we are seeing now. Cena cant have takers streak, it wont go over well. DB possibly if its not punk. I dont think anyone would be angry about DB getting it.

Easy set up too. DB turns on Kane and retires him or just gets over on him big. Taker for the save, setting up the WM match. Only problem is turning DB to vicious heel when he is so over as a tweener.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast