Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i dont see how the two very different streaks effect eachother.

vCash
    I hope they keep Dean Ambrose just the way he is...and not have him world champion. No way.
    Last edited by Cromedome; 12-21-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Dean Ambrose doesn't deserve a title shot...not now..not ever.

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    I would not have anyone break the streak ever. There's too much money to be lost, IMO. They can make money off of 'Taker for years after he retires.

And it's not like anyone's ever going to come close to breaking the streak with a streak of their own to the point to where you can give them a push off of it.

vCash
    Have Taker retire and set someone else up for a new streak. By the time the new streak reaches 20-0....have a 60 something year old Taker come back out from retirement to challenge the newcomer.

Streak vs streak. I've still got some fight left in me.

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    Takers streak will be broken. He doesn't need it when being remembered in history as him alone will be remembered. Think of what it does for him to retire with the streak. Really nothing besides him saying that he never lost on the biggest stage. However if the WWE feel they have a guy that is the next huge thing in this business and Taker allows him to go over him at WM then that is huge for that push for that individual. That wrestler could legitemaly become the most talked about thing in WWE and would be remembered forever as beating Undertakers streak. Out of anybody right now I would want it to be Ziggler if it happened in the next two years. I really think he is on the cusp of greatness. Cena doesn't need it IMO and does no good for the WWE as unless they turn him full fledged heel during it, its not really passing the torch because he already has the torch and has for a while. Punk is established enough too where I don't think he needs it and if he is going to be done in 2-3 or say 5-6 years it really doesn't make sense.

As I write this though I always go back and think of the Dolphins of 72' when thinking of Takers streak in wrestling. They don't go down as the greatest team ever but they are remembered always for going down as the only undefeated so far which ultimately could be the same as Taker. Then you have the Patriots too of 07'. Would it have been more historic if they would have went undefeated too or was that great that a team like NY that got hot at the right time won it. Always two sides to the argument.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Theres no money to be lost at all.

I can't be Cena, they know that. If HBK or HHH were younger wrestlers, it could have been them but theres no point in ending the streak for another older guy near retirement.

Can't end it with anything less than a claen victory either.

Punk makes a lot of sense, hes a "younger" wrestler not in age but in his wwe run. He is at the point were his next step will be to elite status. He is this generations Bret Hart or SCSA or whatever icon you prefer to liken him to. Not saying he has their legendary status, but that have him pointed in that direction. They aren't done with this title streak either, I think with takers streak on his resume he becomes this generation or decades icon.

I don't think any really young guys have enough time in the game to get the honor, ambrose, rollins, cesaro or even ryback. None of them even dserve the match with taker yet, let alone the clean pin.

Streak or no streak there will always be rumors and speculation that taker is returning for another WM. His star doesn't fade, hes still an instant hall of famer, amongst the greatest of all time and so on. Streak doesn't change any of that.

vCash
    Punk beating the streak makes 0 sense hes not that "young" he doesnt draw well at all he isnt a vince mcmahon guy he doesnt have the look the wwe likes

Cena makes sense since hes a legend and he has to beat taker a heelish way for it to make the most sense

Other than that it has to be a future star whos in a stable, in fcw, or ryback

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    Theres no money to be lost at all.

I can't be Cena, they know that. If HBK or HHH were younger wrestlers, it could have been them but theres no point in ending the streak for another older guy near retirement.

Can't end it with anything less than a claen victory either.

Punk makes a lot of sense, hes a "younger" wrestler not in age but in his wwe run. He is at the point were his next step will be to elite status. He is this generations Bret Hart or SCSA or whatever icon you prefer to liken him to. Not saying he has their legendary status, but that have him pointed in that direction. They aren't done with this title streak either, I think with takers streak on his resume he becomes this generation or decades icon.

I don't think any really young guys have enough time in the game to get the honor, ambrose, rollins, cesaro or even ryback. None of them even dserve the match with taker yet, let alone the clean pin.

Streak or no streak there will always be rumors and speculation that taker is returning for another WM. His star doesn't fade, hes still an instant hall of famer, amongst the greatest of all time and so on. Streak doesn't change any of that.
    He is 34, has been in the business for a while (all of his days in Indys), and has talked of retirement. Not in the immediate future, but in the near future. Why would you waste the streak like that? If it comes to this, just let Taker retire with it.

There is no next level for him. He has accomplished a lot and is currently the second most important figure on the full time roster. He will never be a bigger face than Cena or the biggest draw in the company. He may become more appreciated as he gets older, like most guys who have had great careers are, but that is it. He isn't an icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    Punk beating the streak makes 0 sense hes not that "young" he doesnt draw well at all he isnt a vince mcmahon guy he doesnt have the look the wwe likes

Cena makes sense since hes a legend and he has to beat taker a heelish way for it to make the most sense

I really would hope though that WWE could come up with a more creative way to turn Cena Heel than to just put him in a WM match with Taker and then to start showing heel tendencies. I want to see a Cena Heel turn like Hogan obviously with it being just so random that fans are shocked and disgusted where they start throwing trash in the ring. Give it some shock value. I would go crazy if Cena was behind the Sheild and all the injustices were because he hasn't had the belt for a year which is not acceptable to him as being the face of the company. I would hate seeing Cena with The Shield though as he would take over the spotlight which would kill them unless they really do want to follow the NWO way and have Cena the Hogan with Rollins and Ambrose as Nash and Hall and then Reigns as the enforcer that NWO later added. Maybe WM29 The Shield screw over The Rock and then Cena celebrates with them to end the show.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post

I agree with everything in this post.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I couldn't buy Punk beating Taker. Not saying Punk is bad or anything, but just looking at him I can't buy him beating Taker. Punk has held the belt for what 400 days and the ratings haven't gone up that much if at all? I think at this point it's safe to say Punk isn't going to be a huge draw. Having Punk end the streak would be kind of a waste. I think Ryback would be the best guy to do it

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Out of the current roster of vets, Cena is a legit threat. I can really see them having him end the streak. The question is if they do end the streak, what is better? a young up coming guy or a guy on the verge of being a main eventer like say Ambrose or Ziggler or a vet like Cena.

The case for a younger guy is it elevates them more than anything else they could possibly do. The problem is should someone like that do something that HBK, HHH and others couldn't? Also, what if they pull a Lesnar and Lashley and decide after a year they are done with wrestling and quit?

The case for a vet is that they are on his level. The question is do they get much out of it? You can say someone like Cena is at the end of his career and doesn't need it. However for someone like Cena if done right he might get the respect he is lacking from the adult audience. To me Takers streak ending would be mania moment like Hogan slamming Andre. It will be something that will be talked about and shown twenty years later.

Hogan was already a main eventer and in his mid 30's when he slammed Andre but that is considered a torch passing and something that really helped Hogan and considered one of the greatest things in wrestling history. It's possible if written right that a moment like that could be had with Cena beating Taker.

vCash
    I don't see the point in Cena breaking it unless it leads to a heel turn. I think Ryback would benefit the most. He's getting a positive crowd reaction. He's got the look to make it believable. Plus he loves the business so you don't have to worry about him turning into Lashley

vCash
    I think the only guy who ends the streak is someone who is clearly on the verge of being a mega star. Someone who is going to be the next Hogan, SCSA, Rock, or Cena level face. There was a certain point in each of these guys careers where it was clear that their level of popularity was different than everyone else.

Among the guys currently vying for a major title, I don't see any of them as that guy. Maybe Ryback. I don't see Cena getting it unless it is part of a major heel turn because the next "face" of the company is ready to lead as the top babyface.
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    It's not going to be Ziggler...this year.

I think the best case scenario to end it is a scenario like Orton had at Wrestlemania 21. He's young, he's extremely talented, and it's believable he could win clean. If you're going to do that to Ziggler, you've got to turn him face and win the title clean. When he loses the belt, he has to get cheated, make it look like he still deserves it. Keep him in the main event picture even if he's not fighting for the belt. Then you begin the whole ordeal with Undertaker somewhere after the Royal Rumble. Hell maybe even have him win the Rumble, but instead of a Championship match, he wants a shot at Taker.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast