Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings

Christian Ponder wants the team to re-sign impending free agent Jerome Simpson.
    Ponder blames Simpson's struggles on the receiver being on a new team for the first time in his career. "He's a guy that I hope we keep on the roster and continue to develop and build a relationship on the field and off the field," Ponder said. Simpson caught just 26 passes for 274 yards and no scores this season. He's only a straight-line speedster, and Ponder doesn't throw deep. We don't see the fit.
    rotoworld

I don't see the fit either.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Him and Ponder have a good off-field relationship, so it's no surprise he wants him back.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    2 Tackles, 1 INTs, 2.8 QB Rating

vCash
    Michael Jenkins - WR - Vikings
    Michael Jenkins admitted his future with the Vikings is uncertain.
    Jenkins is due a $2.425 million roster bonus in March and is inept when asked to do anything other than block. "It's up to the staff and their evaluations, if they felt like they need me back," he said. "So, we'll see what happens." Molasses Mike is very likely to be be released as the Vikings overhaul their receiving corps.
    0% chance that he's back for $2.4 million. That said Jenkins did a bit better than most of us thought he would, however the only way he should be back on this team is if he's a role-player and nothing more.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Michael Jenkins - WR - Vikings

0% chance that he's back for $2.4 million. That said Jenkins did a bit better than most of us thought he would, however the only way he should be back on this team is if he's a role-player and nothing more.
    1000000% agreed.

Cheese you just earned yourself some waffles from ihops buddy. No butter or syrup though because you have to stay in shape

17 TACKLES/ 1 SACK

vCash
    I say let em walk... Jenkins and Simpson are not anything special and if Ponder is ever going to be a good QB he will have to develop chemistry with new players all the time so I don't buy that excuse for us keeping Simpson around. He may get better in his second year on the team but how much better? I don't think his struggles were due to being new and or playbook related, it was dropped catchable balls and not getting separation enough. We can do better...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    I say let em walk... Jenkins and Simpson are not anything special and if Ponder is ever going to be a good QB he will have to develop chemistry with new players all the time so I don't buy that excuse for us keeping Simpson around. He may get better in his second year on the team but how much better? I don't think his struggles were due to being new and or playbook related, it was dropped catchable balls and not getting separation enough. We can do better...

17 TACKLES/ 1 SACK

vCash
    2.4 million for Jenkins I say we cut or trade him and give that money to Felton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    Well I think Simpson's back injury was really understated, I've said it before but the guy we saw out there for most of the year was not the same guy we saw in the pre-season (remember when he hurdled the Buffalo DB) so that has a little something to do with it. I'm not opposed to Simpson coming back though, but once again in a reduced role.

We basically expected him to be a #1 WR for us, and I think that even if he did play better, he still would have fallen short of that expectation. On a good team Simpson would be seeing the field as much as Aromashodu did, and Jenkins even less. Jenkins is very good on 3rd down though and I like his hands.

Devin Aromashodu is going to be the guy who will certainly be walking, and I feel bad for him because on some of his drops/missed catches he was ridiculously interfered with and physically restrained from catching the ball, but no matter, the guy was talented but he just couldn't put it all together.

Also the fact is, weather we keep Percy or not (I say we are, even though the going opinion around here is that he's Titus Young's brother) that Jarius Wright should be used more heavily than either of these guys. I realize that primarily you would think of him for slot work because he's small and quick, but that's not exactly what they did with him in college. Even though he's not blazing fast like say Mike Wallace, I think he can be employed on the outside and is arguably an even better WR than Harvin lining up outside the #s.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    1000000% agreed.

Cheese you just earned yourself some waffles from ihops buddy. No butter or syrup though because you have to stay in shape
    Its been ages since I've been to ihops, I usually get my breakfast pancakes from McDonald's, which are actually surprisingly good.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Its been ages since I've been to ihops, I usually get my breakfast pancakes from McDonald's, which are actually surprisingly good.
    Oh really? They are?

I love the Mcgriddles. Mmmmmm

But Jenkins should not come back at all.

17 TACKLES/ 1 SACK

vCash
    I'm willing to give Simpson the benefit of the doubt on that back injury limiting his explosiveness but his back injury had nothing to do with him gator arming passes or just flat out dropping them. I wouldn't be mad if Simpson came back but it better be at a lower salary than last season and we better bring in some other guys as well. Simpson better not go into next season as our #2 again. As a #3 or #4 I could live with that but not our #2.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Chris Kluwe - P - Vikings
    Vikings P Chris Kluwe will undergo offseason surgery to repair a torn left meniscus.
    Kluwe is due to earn $1.4 million in 2013 after finishing 25th in Pro Football Focus' punter ratings. Although he incurred the coaching staff's wrath for distractions caused by bloviating his outspoken opinions on seemingly every political, cultural, and sports debate in America, Kluwe should be back with the Vikings for another season.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm willing to give Simpson the benefit of the doubt on that back injury limiting his explosiveness but his back injury had nothing to do with him gator arming passes or just flat out dropping them. I wouldn't be mad if Simpson came back but it better be at a lower salary than last season and we better bring in some other guys as well. Simpson better not go into next season as our #2 again. As a #3 or #4 I could live with that but not our #2.
    Well, it sure can't explain the ones that bounced off his chest, but a back problem sure could affect him reaching out to reel one in. Fully agree though about him being a #3 or #4, and the funny thing is I can remember someone having this exact same conversation at the beginning of FA last year (when we were the sure-fire landing spot for Pierre Garcon) how Simpson wasn't a good option for a #1WR
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 01-08-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I think Simpson should stay. Teammates love the guy, and Cheese is right. the preseason had everyone pumped about the guy. He looked very good. Anyway, a lot of the passes that went his way were behind or way over his head. He could be a threat with a #1 type guy through the draft and IF we keep Harvin, Simpson would work out well. Love the way he gets fired up and his passion. Anyone remember when he caught a ball and got up like he was f###### the football? That made me laugh so freakn hard! I became an instant supporter. I say H### ya, resign him. Jenkins... not so much.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    The Bears are interested in talking to Singletary and the special teams coach Mike Priefer.

Also a couple of teams are interested in Vikings assistant GM George Paton

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast