Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    The more and more that I think about it, unless we resign KWill we may be best off taking a DT in the first, and we could anyway if we sign a FA WR. IIRC though, aren't we strapped tight along the cap? We may not be able to afford a huge FA and as Speilman says all the time we build through the draft. What gives me hope is that we looked at Garcon last offseason.

The point is that our DT's outside Kevin Williams should not be starters in this league.
    Since it looks like decent WR's will be available in the second round. The value at our late first rounder is going to be DT, and CB. I think from an organization standpoint you need to use a 1st rounder to replace either Winfield or K Will this season. I think both Xavier Rhodes and Jordan Poyer are both very underrated CB's that could make an impact for us. Otherwise I would look at Sheldon Richardson or Bennie Logan at DT.

In the second round I think we will probably go WR. I think we are set with Percy as our #1 (I am not considering any trades), Jenkins will probably be cut along with Aromashadu. I don't think we will sign any of the big name Wr's but I think Dominic Hixon would be a good replacement for these two we cut. I have a feeling we will give Simpson another year to see if he can prove anything. Harvin, second round pick, Simpson, Hixon, and Wright is a pretty good WR core considering what we have right now.

vCash
    We must resign Felton he's been a huge help to ap

vCash
    Ponder was EXTREMELY limited in practice today...

vCash
    Christian Ponder | Quarterback
    Coach Leslie Frazier indicated that Christian Ponder (elbow) was "highly limited" in Thursday's practice.

Ponder was expected to ramp up his reps on Thursday, but it sounds like the injury prevented that from happening. Frazier said the medical staff is still "trying to calm down the elbow." It's apparent at this point that Ponder will not be at full strength for Saturday's game in Green Bay. Reliable beat writer Tom Pelissero would be "stunned" if Ponder doesn't play, though. Jan 3 - 1:55 PM

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ristian-ponder

Probably not a big deal then. It's just Frazier trying to throw a wrinkle at the Packers.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    They should come out and say he will be a game time decision. Then they have to prepare and watch film on Webb since he is totally different style.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Well not extremely different I guess since Ponder runs too but you get my point.

vCash
    If Webb came in for an injured Ponder, him and AP would tear that defense up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    If Webb came in for an injured Ponder, him and AP would tear that defense up.
    While Webb does pretty good in those type of situations lets hope it does not come true.

vCash
    Ponder needs to run way more and Webb needs to see the field,,AS A WR, for starters and then once in awhile at Wildcat allowing him to throw a chunk of the times to make the D honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    Since it looks like decent WR's will be available in the second round. The value at our late first rounder is going to be DT, and CB. I think from an organization standpoint you need to use a 1st rounder to replace either Winfield or K Will this season. I think both Xavier Rhodes and Jordan Poyer are both very underrated CB's that could make an impact for us. Otherwise I would look at Sheldon Richardson or Bennie Logan at DT.

In the second round I think we will probably go WR. I think we are set with Percy as our #1 (I am not considering any trades), Jenkins will probably be cut along with Aromashadu. I don't think we will sign any of the big name Wr's but I think Dominic Hixon would be a good replacement for these two we cut. I have a feeling we will give Simpson another year to see if he can prove anything. Harvin, second round pick, Simpson, Hixon, and Wright is a pretty good WR core considering what we have right now.

It's gonna be interesting for sure. I still think we trade up from the 3rd back into the 2nd or bottom of 1st. and get 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds.
    DT is enticing but very deep this year...2-3 rounders include K. Short S. Williams, S. Floyd, S. Richardson...
    WR is pretty deep from a standpoint of there being a ton of high ceiling type guys. 2-3 rounders could be C. Patterson, R. Woods, T. Austin, D. Rogers, S. Bailey...
    I truly feel as if the LB Situation will dictate how the vikes draft. If we resign Hendo and brinkley or another LB, I could easily see the Vikes going best CB/S in the 1st. I think they may look at Harvin, Simpson, and Wright as a servicable start and go WR/WR in the 3rd and early 4th.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Ponder needs to run way more and Webb needs to see the field,,AS A WR, for starters and then once in awhile at Wildcat allowing him to throw a chunk of the times to make the D honest.
    Ya I'm actually a little shocked that we haven't seen Webb in Wild Cat a little this year. I'd like to see us pull all the tricks out of the bag this game. We need to create easy scoring opportunities because GB's offense is at full strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    i would totally agree with you... if it were week 1 of the season, but not for week 1 of the playoffs.

Webb is such a curious case. he seems taylor made to be a WR, but the question is... are we not using him as a WR bc we cant risk losing our #2 QB? or as some on here have speculated... could the reason be that he just doesn't have very good hands? there is no press on this, so we just dont know either way. there was also that article midseason saying that "the vikings have no faith in backup QB joe webb"... wtf... if you dont think he can play QB... have him take over for Toby!! hahaha whatever... get him the damn ball!!!

alas though... its way too late in the game here to be introducing gadget plays. especially in the frozen as5 tundra!!!

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    So with free agency coming up, we're going to get to see who the team values and who they try to get extension talks done with.

I think that Jerome Felton will be at the top of the list. I can see us extending Loadholt because despite his penalties he's a better than average RT and there's no use in introducing even more off-season needs. I like how Jasper Brinkley came on during our 4 game win streak, he shouldn't be too expensive so I bet he's back and I'd also like to see Jamarca Sanford return because his play really did improve after he was passed over by Raymond and Raymond got hurt (Raymond was also finished will short of expectations).

Other than that I expect we'll see a lot of guys walking. Aromashodu won't be back, Joe Berger is a good depth guy but I have a feeling he can find a starting job somewhere. Same with Geoff Schwartz, after spending almost the whole year on the bench (despite looking better than Fusco almost every time he was out there) he's not going to come back. Jerome Simpson really under-performed as well but I could see us offering him the same deal we did last year. I liked what I saw from Marvin Mitchell but he's going to have opportunities with other teams too, and Erin Henderson didn't really do a whole lot for me this season either. I mean he's not horrible but he did not at all prove why he deserves a 4 year contract.

I think the biggest question of all will be what we do with Kevin Williams. He's not the same player that he used to be, but he's still a guy that nobody should count out, and we could do a whole lot worse at the position. I hope we give him a reasonable offer and he gets to retire a Viking and help train his replacement. I think at this point in his career we can decrease his snaps, although they seem to be doing that already with Ballard.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I'd also like to see Jamarca Sanford return because his play really did improve after he was passed over by Raymond and Raymond got hurt (Raymond was also finished will short of expectations).
    Not only did Sanford look good this season on defense, he is an absolute beast on special teams. He is one of those players that puts 100% effort into every single play. Walsh kicked a lot of touchbacks but when he didn't Sanford was almost always in on the play. He also was a good safety valve on punt returns and was responsible for pinning teams deep in their own end.

vCash
    Chase Ford - TE - Vikings
    Jan 7 - 2:33 PM

Vikings signed TE Chase Ford, RB Joe Banyard, OT Kevin Murphy, TE LaMark Brown, DT Chase Baker, S Bobby Felder, WR Chris Summers, OG Tyler Holmes to reserve/future contracts.

Ford is a 2012 undrafted free agent out of Miami. Baker played college ball at Boise State. Otherwise, this is an unremarkable list of future signings for the Vikings. All of the above will try to last until 2013 training camp.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast