Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Choosing over a coach and a player is silly. Any player who gives you that ultimatum (Harvin hasn't yet), isn't a player you want on your TEAM, anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    With Childress I knew extending him was a TERRIBLE IDEA. I like Frazier a lot tho and he deserves it. It establishes continuity and any FA know that there is "one year left on his contract...so I don't know if their gameplans will still be there in 2 years".
    It wasn't even the extension so much, it was giving him carte blanche control off our team's decisions on personnel, and its why we had no long term answer at QB for his tenure as HC. They put him at the wheel and he ran the ship up onto the rocks, Costa Concordia style.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by montybeasty View Post
    Vikings' 2013 opponents nearly set
    The Vikings will play teams from the NFC East and AFC North.
    Blog post by: Chris Miller

Updated: December 24, 2012 - 1:55 PM

The Vikings’ final two opponents for 2013 will be set following Sunday’s game.

They will play each team in the NFC East and AFC North next season.

The Vikings’ home games will be against Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland, the NFC South team that finishes in the same position as the Vikings (currently New Orleans), Green Bay, Detroit and Chicago. The Sept. 29 game in London against Pittsburgh also counts as a home game.

Road games will be at Dallas, the N.Y Giants, Baltimore, Cincinnati, the NFC West team that finishes in the same position as the Vikings (currently Seattle), Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago.

Www.kansasvikings.com
    Another tough schedule it seems.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    [QUOTE=100%CHEESE FREE;24814444]Since the current roster thread has gone over 1000 posts, its time to start a new one. Since the regular season is nearly over, I decided to make this one with an eye on the future.

I will also be making regular updates to this first post as players are signed and cut ect.

Pending FAs
    *=starter

Unrestricted Free Agents
    Devin Aromashodu WR
    Jerome Simpson WR*
    Jerome Felton FB*
    Joe Berger C/G
    Phil Loadholt RT*
    Geoff Schwartz G/T
    Kevin Williams DT*
    Jasper Brinkley MLB*
    Erin Henderson OLB*
    Marvin Mitchell OLB
    Jamarca Sanford SS

Restricted Free Agents
    A.J. Jefferson CB
    Troy Kropog T/G RFA
    Andrew Sendejo SS RFA
    Marcus Sherels CB/PR RFA

Eye on the future, 2014 FAs
    Matt Asiata FB/RB (ERFA)
    Percy Harvin WR
    Michael Jenkins WR
    Allen Reisner TE RFA
    Charlie Johnson LG
    McLeod Bethel-Thompson QB (ERFA)
    Joe Webb QB
    Toby Gearhart RB
    Fred Evans DT
    Jared Allen DE
    Everson Griffen DE
    Brian Robison DE
    Larry Dean OLB RFA
    Tyrone Mkenzie MLB RFA
    Antoine Winfield CB
    Chris Cook CB

Does anyone know where there's a breakdown of the Vikes salary cap. It would be nice to know how much we will be getting off the books and can dish out to resign players and pay Harvin/ FAs.

I honestly think we need to restructure Kwill and Allen if they are willing. I think I saw somewhere they will make a combined 22 million next season. I love them both but their play is not reflecting those #'s this season.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    ^
    RK PLAYER SALARY (US$)
    1 Jared Allen $15,203,194
    2 Adrian Peterson $11,150,000
    3 Kevin Williams $8,416,667
    4 Chad Greenway $7,700,000
    5 John Carlson $4,250,000
    6 John Sullivan $4,000,000
    7 Brian Robison $3,992,667
    8 Michael Jenkins $3,916,666
    9 Charlie Johnson $3,600,000
    10 Matt Kalil $3,594,655
    11 Antoine Winfield $3,000,000
    12 Christian Ponder $2,308,795
    13 Percy Harvin $2,043,800
    14 Erin Henderson $2,000,000
    15 Jerome Simpson $2,000,000
    16 Joe Berger $1,887,500
    17 Chris Kluwe $1,633,333
    18 Letroy Guion $1,500,000
    19 Geoff Schwartz $1,500,000
    20 Harrison Smith $1,297,918
    21 Chris Cook $1,065,000
    22 Kyle Rudolph $1,052,239
    23 Cullen Loeffler $975,000
    24 Phil Loadholt $918,750
    25 Toby Gerhart $861,000
    26 Fred Evans $750,000
    27 Marvin Mitchell $725,000
    28 Devin Aromashodu $700,000
    29 Jerome Felton $700,000
    30 Everson Griffen $675,000
    31 Jamarca Sanford $627,318
    32 Jasper Brinkley $611,500
    33 Christian Ballard $596,110
    34 Josh Robinson $574,250
    35 A.J. Jefferson $540,000
    36 Andrew Sendejo $540,000
    37 Joe Webb $513,128
    38 Brandon Burton $507,250
    39 Mistral Raymond $499,354
    40 Brandon Fusco $498,195
    41 Jarius Wright $495,027
    42 D'Aundre Reed $484,454
    43 Rhett Ellison $465,146
    44 Stephen Burton $465,000
    45 Larry Dean $465,000
    46 Tyrone McKenzie $465,000
    47 Allen Reisner $465,000
    48 Marcus Sherels $465,000
    49 Robert Blanton $442,763
    50 Blair Walsh $419,483
    51 Audie Cole $406,875
    52 McLeod B-T $392,500
    53 Matt Asiata $390,000
    54 Mark Asper $390,000
    55 Jordan Todman $128,094
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/mi...nesota-vikings

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    this one is better, but the formatting would be a nightmare...

http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/salari...ings-salaries/

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Awesome thanks Guys! I did make a mistake on Kwill didn't realize he was a fA.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Jenkins and Johnson will not see that salary figure next year, for sure.

I anticipate some cap management with Jared. It's in the interest of both parties to lower his cap figure in order to get some new blood in.

vCash
    The above roster still has K. Williams on it and most sites claim he's not a FA, but I'v heard from people in here he is a FA. Can somebody help me understand this?

Also, we can't afford to keep Griffin off the field. we should strongly consider going into a 5-2. With Griffin as the extra lineman and take Henderson out. And I don't see why he can't play any DT position in our base D and nickel.

I hated Griffin coming out of college, I mean his own coach passed on him 4 times. But at this point in time he is playing better than any other D lineman we have.

vCash
    ^ the one where you can see the $ amount of each player is this years. the link below that will show you next years.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    The above roster still has K. Williams on it and most sites claim he's not a FA, but I'v heard from people in here he is a FA. Can somebody help me understand this?

Also, we can't afford to keep Griffin off the field. we should strongly consider going into a 5-2. With Griffin as the extra lineman and take Henderson out. And I don't see why he can't play any DT position in our base D and nickel.

I hated Griffin coming out of college, I mean his own coach passed on him 4 times. But at this point in time he is playing better than any other D lineman we have.
    I believe he has an option for next season that is for a fairly high amount of money (not sure the #) but I believe he will not be getting it. Personally I see him returning next season but at a lesser rate.

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I believe he has an option for next season that is for a fairly high amount of money (not sure the #) but I believe he will not be getting it. Personally I see him returning next season but at a lesser rate.
    Kevin Williams - DL - Vikings
    According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, there is not a 2013-14 option on Vikings DT Kevin Williams' contract.
    Beat writer Tom Pelissero has seen the contract himself and is assured by those in know that there is no two-year, $16.76 million option. Turning 32 in August, the six-time Pro Bowler is entering a contract season. Jul 3 - 5:06 PM
    Kevin Williams - DL - Vikings
    Vikings DT Kevin Williams is seeking a contract extension.
    "(The Vikings) might not feel the same way," Williams admitted. "My main thing is to have a good year and whatever happens after that happens after that." Williams is entering the final season of a five-year, $33.2 million contract, but the pact includes a two-year, $16.76 option the Vikings can exercise next offseason. It's doubtful Williams' contract is revisited before then.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    One team I could see us trading Harvin for a Pick would be the Jags 2nd rounder. That would make for a sweet deal. We get the 33rd pick in the second. Jags need WR help more than us and with MJD on the move, that does free up alot of cap space for them to sign him and add a much needed presence. That 33rd pick is the first pick off the second round, so it gives us a chance to grab a great player. Harvin is a better WR than any in the draft so we might even get a chance to get another pick out of the deal.
    Our 1st rounder has to be a Guard or DT. That's all there is to it. Either way would be such a plus for us. The WR Spot in the second is going to be rich. We will get a good one. And I really feel We will nab a really good Vet WR in FA. Bowe? I would go after Bowe big time. Not going to be cheap, but we will get a star.
    Whew! man I'm pumped for this offseason! This team is really turning into something I have waited for for years.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    One team I could see us trading Harvin for a Pick would be the Jags 2nd rounder. That would make for a sweet deal. We get the 33rd pick in the second. Jags need WR help more than us and with MJD on the move, that does free up alot of cap space for them to sign him and add a much needed presence. That 33rd pick is the first pick off the second round, so it gives us a chance to grab a great player. Harvin is a better WR than any in the draft so we might even get a chance to get another pick out of the deal.
    Our 1st rounder has to be a Guard or DT. That's all there is to it. Either way would be such a plus for us. The WR Spot in the second is going to be rich. We will get a good one. And I really feel We will nab a really good Vet WR in FA. Bowe? I would go after Bowe big time. Not going to be cheap, but we will get a star.
    Whew! man I'm pumped for this offseason! This team is really turning into something I have waited for for years.
    I like idea but the Jags actually have a very solid WR core. Cecil Shorts put up 976 yards and 7 TDs while not playing in all 16 games. Justin Blackmon set franchise rookie records for receptions (64), receiving yards (865), average per reception (13.5) and tied the record with 5 TDs. Laurent Robinson is also a very solid third WR when healthy. Their WR core is much better then what we have.

vCash
    The more and more that I think about it, unless we resign KWill we may be best off taking a DT in the first, and we could anyway if we sign a FA WR. IIRC though, aren't we strapped tight along the cap? We may not be able to afford a huge FA and as Speilman says all the time we build through the draft. What gives me hope is that we looked at Garcon last offseason.

The point is that our DT's outside Kevin Williams should not be starters in this league.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast